PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 OOC games (GU is in three of them).

MDABE80
10-12-2016, 08:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-25-most-intriguing-non-league-games-of-the-2016-17-season-125036028.html

This is from Oct 12th. I recall something like this posted earlier. Top 25 OOC games. Were in 3 of em. If Karno is healthy, I think we can win the 3 question marks. I hope so. Best in the West? I think so but well see soon enough.

zagamatic
10-13-2016, 04:57 AM
So.....Arizona is mentioned twice, with UCLA, Washington and Oregon getting one mention a piece with 2 of those games against the Zags. Kinda pathetic that the Pac 12 as a whole can't / won't schedule any better than this.

cbbfanatic
10-13-2016, 07:20 AM
So.....Arizona is mentioned twice, with UCLA, Washington and Oregon getting one mention a piece with 2 of those games against the Zags. Kinda pathetic that the Pac 12 as a whole can't / won't schedule any better than this.

they all play each other twice though... i dont see the purpose (well, yeah i do, just disagree with it) in analyzing only one piece of the schedule, different teams have different motivations in the non conference slate

(that said, some of these teams certainly could schedule better, though arizona and ucla typically play more than the average # of non-conf headline games)

bartruff1
10-13-2016, 08:17 AM
Kentucky is not afraid to play anyone.... anywhere...... anytime......and they don't have to......that is good for them and college basketball...

Would be epic to get them to the Battle in Seattle...

Virginia Zags Fan
10-13-2016, 08:40 AM
No problem. Get it to them tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amaronizag
10-15-2016, 07:00 AM
Check out this link for a look at Akron's potential strength this season.
1. College basketball: 7 potential bracket-busters for March Madness
http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2016-10-10/college-basketball-7-potential-bracket-busters-march-madness

won at least 21 games in each of the last 11 seasons
won a school-record 26 games last season
were 15-0 at home
set a season mark for 3-point field goals (409), connecting at a 38 percent clip.

Could surprise: at Creighton, Dec. 3; at Gonzaga, Dec. 10

CDC84
10-15-2016, 02:44 PM
Akron is a brilliant scheduling move from Gonzaga. Would love to see more teams from quality mid-level conferences like the MAC on GU's sked. It's a team that GU should beat, but it's no 100% guarantee. They will challenge GU, and could very well end up with a NCAA bid. And you don't have to return the game.