PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to Nashville?

TexasZagFan
10-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Thought I'd start a thread, to gauge the attendance for the Tennessee game. There is a Zag alumni chapter in Tennessee, and perhaps Bob Finn might get involved if the numbers are right.

BTW, we saw Bob in Stillwater (OSU) and Dallas (SMU). The alumni function at SMU was awesome, we took over a suite at Moody...gave me a chance to see how the 1% live...lol.

wiszag
10-08-2016, 05:59 AM
I'm in!

Bogozags
10-08-2016, 06:21 AM
The wife and I will arrive Saturday and leave Monday. I have driven through Nashville many times but never stopped...so do any of you have an idea of a specific hotel that might be close to Bridgestone Arena?

MedZag
10-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Won't be there this year but am relocating the Nashville for a year next spring. Excited to live in a city with a Zags alumni chapter again :)

Zag 77
10-08-2016, 12:39 PM

tyra
10-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Tickets in hand!

GoZags
10-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Tickets in hand!

Awesome .... see you there (as well as the TZF clan). BTW Nashville is home town for Mrs. GoZags .... thus, I spend quite a bit of time in Music City.

TexasZagFan
10-21-2016, 06:06 AM
Just checked Ticketmaster, and I'm afraid my computer was hacked...I saw tickets priced at $40 & $20. Can someone confirm that for me?

Bogozags
10-24-2016, 01:23 AM
Just checked Ticketmaster, and I'm afraid my computer was hacked...I saw tickets priced at $40 & $20. Can someone confirm that for me?

I thought that was strange too but I got my tickets a few days after Matthew left and they were $40 too!

Have you already made room reservations? If so where is your "entourage" staying?

TexasZagFan
10-24-2016, 04:40 AM
I thought that was strange too but I got my tickets a few days after Matthew left and they were $40 too!

Have you already made room reservations? If so where is your "entourage" staying?

Not yet, but we'll be staying at a hotel within walking distance of the arena. I also took a look at a number of venues close to the arena for post-game festivities. I think GoZags is most knowledgeable on that topic.

As it stands now, there's just three of us going, though I think my oldest son will make the trip, too. I think my grandson will love Nashville...his favorite station is The Highway, Sirius 56 (contemporary C/W). Some folks might say we're corrupting him, but I think it's cute hearing him sing along with songs about beer, whiskey, and cheating women. :lmao:

Bogozags
10-24-2016, 10:38 AM
Not yet, but we'll be staying at a hotel within walking distance of the arena. I also took a look at a number of venues close to the arena for post-game festivities. I think GoZags is most knowledgeable on that topic.

As it stands now, there's just three of us going, though I think my oldest son will make the trip, too. I think my grandson will love Nashville...his favorite station is The Highway, Sirius 56 (contemporary C/W). Some folks might say we're corrupting him, but I think it's cute hearing him sing along with songs about beer, whiskey, and cheating women. :lmao:

That is cute...I bet he is one super kid and I look forward to meeting him! We had our first GC in August. I have held Michael Jr. twice about a month apart and I can tell he has gotten so much smarter each time...it is hard to convince my wife that his improvements are due to me using Osmosis in moving knowledge from me to him! I can tell by looking into his eyes, that he already understands that using the legs and follow through are crucial in shooting jump shots!

TexasZagFan
10-25-2016, 05:03 AM
That is cute...I bet he is one super kid and I look forward to meeting him! We had our first GC in August. I have held Michael Jr. twice about a month apart and I can tell he has gotten so much smarter each time...it is hard to convince my wife that his improvements are due to me using Osmosis in moving knowledge from me to him! I can tell by looking into his eyes, that he already understands that using the legs and follow through are crucial in shooting jump shots!

Congrats, Bogo!

My grandson received a rude intro to Zag basketball. When he was 3 months old, I was babysitting on NY's Eve, and was watching the Zag game. He was resting peacefully in my arms when David Stockton hit that half court shot at the buzzer.

Two years ago, we were watching the Zags on TV, and Pangos hit a 3 pointer. He looked up from his coloring book to ask, "was it Pangos that hit that 3 ball?" He has definitely received expert tutelage from his then 12 YO uncle.

It's going to be a great trip.

GoZags
10-25-2016, 06:04 AM
I think GoZags is most knowledgeable on that topic.

While I plan on being there (and my wife IS from Nashville) ... I'll be waiting (along with everyone else) to hear where the "official" pre-game will be. Should be a blast and I look forward to seeing folks (including la famille d' TZF).

TexasZagFan
10-25-2016, 06:44 AM
While I plan on being there (and my wife IS from Nashville) ... I'll be waiting (along with everyone else) to hear where the "official" pre-game will be. Should be a blast and I look forward to seeing folks (including la famille d' TZF).

Will that announcement be courtesy of the GU Alumni Officer/Bob Finn?

ETA: you met my oldest son (briefly) at the game in Tulsa many moons ago (12 years). I think he was a freshman in HS at the time...damn, time flies.

I was pleasantly surprised at the complete lack of opposition when I announced that my grandson was old enough to make the "travel squad." He's been on multiple road trips to El Paso with us, and California with his other grandparents. They know how much he loves the Zags.

gozagswoohoo
11-15-2016, 07:29 AM
I'm purchasing my game tickets today. I'm told the 'GU' section is 114. There are still a number of tickets available, and VERY reasonable (price-wise).

I'm still looking into the hotel situation though. Anyone have thoughts there? Wonder where the team is staying. I'm bringing my 8 year old, Kaleb, for his first zags game (WOOHOO!!!), and he'd sure love to get some autographs.

sittingon50
11-15-2016, 09:26 AM
WooHoo! Roadtrip! Look out Nashville.

TexasZagFan
11-15-2016, 12:02 PM
I'm purchasing my game tickets today. I'm told the 'GU' section is 114. There are still a number of tickets available, and VERY reasonable (price-wise).

I'm still looking into the hotel situation though. Anyone have thoughts there? Wonder where the team is staying. I'm bringing my 8 year old, Kaleb, for his first zags game (WOOHOO!!!), and he'd sure love to get some autographs.

Hopefully, that section will fill up, and other Zag fans will purchase seats in section 107...and we're staying at The Capitol Hotel, fwiw.

gozagswoohoo
11-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Game tickets PURCHASED! #BOOM

Woohoooooooo!!

TexasZagFan
11-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Game tickets PURCHASED! #BOOM

Woohoooooooo!!

Time to start looking for locations for the pre- and post-game festivities.

We'll probably arrive in Nashville between 8-10 PM on Saturday. I will insist that we're packed and ready to go Friday night, so we can hit the road NLT 8 AM. If the wife carries through with her "threat" to join us, we'll be lucky to depart by 10. lol, all three of my children would agree with me.

Google has it as a 10 hour, 675 mile drive. I'm leery of I-40 construction, though.

gozagswoohoo
11-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Time to start looking for locations for the pre- and post-game festivities.

We'll probably arrive in Nashville between 8-10 PM on Saturday. I will insist that we're packed and ready to go Friday night, so we can hit the road NLT 8 AM. If the wife carries through with her "threat" to join us, we'll be lucky to depart by 10. lol, all three of my children would agree with me.

Google has it as a 10 hour, 675 mile drive. I'm leery of I-40 construction, though.

Yes, that was one question I had...where is the pre-game get together? Does Nashville have a GU alumni chapter?

My gang will be arriving by 2-3pm on Saturday, and leaving Sunday evening sometime. We only have about a 5 hour drive. Not too shabby!

Bogozags
11-16-2016, 02:12 PM
Yes, that was one question I had...where is the pre-game get together? Does Nashville have a GU alumni chapter?

My gang will be arriving by 2-3pm on Saturday, and leaving Sunday evening sometime. We only have about a 5 hour drive. Not too shabby!

I went to the Alumni Site and the Tennessee Chapter is planing something but not quite sure what or where it is...I suspect they have something up their sleeves...

TexasZagFan
11-17-2016, 05:03 AM

I sure hope we can resurrect the SMU series. That drive took about 20 minutes. I'd also be happy with a series with UNM, it's only 10 hours to Albuquerque. Spend the night in Tucumcari in a Route 66 motel, take the grandson to the local dinosaur museum...it's a fun trip.

O/T, several spots in Tucumcari received credits in "Cars". Tucumcari was the inspiration for Radiator Springs. One of the most amazing homilies I've ever heard was delivered by the parish priest in Tucumcari.

TexasZagFan
11-17-2016, 05:04 AM
I went to the Alumni Site and the Tennessee Chapter is planing something but not quite sure what or where it is...I suspect they have something up their sleeves...

Thanks for the warning, bogo! :lmao: