PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga Basketball Preview 2016-17: Maybe Mark Few's Best Recruiting Class Ever

Zagdawg
10-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Gonzaga Guru Retweeted
HERO Sports ‏@HeroSportsNews 19h19 hours ago
This might just be Mark Few's best recruiting class ever...

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh559/zagdawg/Player%20image.png (http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/zagdawg/media/Player%20image.png.html)

Hero College Sports News

http://herosports.com/news/gonzaga-basketball-2016-preview-recruits-gonzaga-bulldogs-d1-mens-basketball?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Photo&utm_campaign=D1MBB

LongIslandZagFan
10-05-2016, 12:05 PM
I am usually one to be more on the realist side. Not quite Jazzlike negative... but expecting of things not always going 100% the way we all want. Honestly, the closer we get to the season, the more excited I am getting. I am beginning to think this team might be better than 2 years ago when they made E8. One thing seems almost a given, this team will flat out SCORE points. If they can add some good D to that, they could be one of the best teams in the country. Perhaps Jazz can come along and burst my bubble.

jazzdelmar
10-05-2016, 12:26 PM
I am usually one to be more on the realist side. Not quite Jazzlike negative... but expecting of things not always going 100% the way we all want. Honestly, the closer we get to the season, the more excited I a getting. I am beginning to think this team might be better than 2 years ago when they made E8. One thing seems almost a given, this team will flat out SCORE points. If they can add some good D to that, they could be one of the best teams in the country. Perhaps Jazz can come along and burst my bubble.

Can't help you LIZF, I'm as pumped as you. Now as for the Metropolitans tonite, not so much.

LongIslandZagFan
10-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Can't help you LIZF, I'm as pumped as you. Now as for the Metropolitans tonite, not so much.

If Thor is on... Mets win. Giants beat him up last time they faced him... so could go either way.

jazzdelmar
10-05-2016, 12:32 PM
If Thor is on... Mets win. Giants beat him up last time they faced him... so could go either way.

Buster Posey, the erstwhile best player in MLB, is getting hot.

sittingon50
10-05-2016, 01:59 PM

'Bout time. Been a trying year for him (by his own lofty standards).

maynard g krebs
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM

I prefer Parker Posey.

seacatfan
10-05-2016, 03:41 PM
I prefer Parker Posey.

Good call.

jazzdelmar
10-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Good call.

Yes, the indy film superstar.

TexasZagFan
10-06-2016, 04:41 AM
I prefer Parker Posey.

The Parker Posey in "A Mighty Wind" or "Waiting for Guffman" is far preferable to the Parker Posey in "Best in Show."

She also had a bit role in "Coneheads".

Goshzagit
10-06-2016, 06:14 AM
Only thing potentially holding this team back are injuries to it's most important pieces, and keeping Silas Melson happy.

Kidding on the latter (kind of).

No, but seriously, J3's knee took him out for 2 months this Summer (havent heard anything since), Nigel's surgically repaired ankle was nearly 3 months, Shem's discectomy was 9 months, etc.

Can these top 3 guys stay healthy & avoid their nagging issues?

IF they stay healthy, this team has highest upside/ceiling of them all. Moreso than 2 yrs ago, or Pargo/Bouldin/Gray/Downs/Daye/Sacre/Harris. Or Ammo/Raivio/Batista, et al....only because our depth & size off bench is SO much better.

Our starting 5 has beem just as talented yet bringing Norvell, Rui, Collins, Melson, etc off the bench is over the top.

Must stay healthy, must stay together on the court.

Reborn
10-06-2016, 08:09 AM
I have not heard a single word about any of these talented players being selfish. And that is the one issue that would bother me. I get the feeling from those who have watched scrimmages ect that these guys are really into TEAM Work, having fun, and having each others' back. If this perception is true, than the Zags will have one hell of a great year.

Go Zags!!!