• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Murphy outgo lifer
    Kennel Club
    • Aug 2015

New Players Update?

It has been about three weeks since school started and I was wondering if anyone has heard how the new players (incoming freshman) have been doing in practice.
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
    It has been about three weeks since school started and I was wondering if anyone has heard how the new players (incoming freshman) have been doing in practice.
    Kraziness in the Kennel is the first officail practice. There may be updates on get togethers in the gym...but there is nothing official, yet!
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Goshzagit
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
      Kraziness in the Kennel is the first officail practice. There may be updates on get togethers in the gym...but there is nothing official, yet!
      Tough time of year, as its a ton of individual work right now. Limited scrimmages/pick-up given school and no official practices.

During August, heard really good -- some surprising things -- about newcomers, Larsen and Louis.

Comment

• cggonzaga
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

That's the first I've heard anything on Larson. Can you expand?

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post
          Tough time of year, as its a ton of individual work right now. Limited scrimmages/pick-up given school and no official practices.

During August, heard really good -- some surprising things -- about newcomers, Larsen and Louis.
          Who is Louis?
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• tyra
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Some say that "Louis" an alternative pronounciation of Mr. Hachimura's first name.

Comment

• Birddog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tyra View Post
              Some say that "Louis" an alternative pronounciation of Mr. Hachimura's first name.
              I'm hoping the pep band plays "Rui Rui" every time he has a big play (dunk etc).
              Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
              Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
              All mimsy were the borogoves,
              And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Goshzagit
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2007

thought Jacob was a "project" big

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
                That's the first I've heard anything on Larson. Can you expand?
                yet I heard 'he is a baller', at least this person was pleasantly surprised.

Hasn't played much organized ball in past 18 months, thus behind a bit. But also a diamond in the rough, just scratching the surface.

Zags plan to be patient, as depth chart is deep at his position next season.

Larsen isn't only big body, he's inherently strong and has terrific feet. Again, not much basketball is being played since he's arrived, but looks much better than anticipated in individual work.

"baller", "natural footwork", "surprising strength"…seemed genuinely excited about his upside.

Anyway, he stood out compared to initial expectations, esp never hearing a peep about him.

Did not realize Larsen fielded offers from Marquette, Maryland, & George Washington. Apparently, Larsen was high on Maryland before choosing us.

Comment

• GoZags
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Did not realize Larsen fielded offers from Marquette, Maryland, & George Washington. Apparently, Larsen was high on Maryland before choosing us.
                  Jacob and his parents loved what they found out about Gonzaga on their "official" visit. Loved the campus atmosphere, loved the academics (i.e. class size, individual attention), loved that GU's President (Thayne) spent time with them ... and loved what they heard from the coaches.

Yes ... Jacob Larsen was highly recruited. But Gonzaga is where he (and his parents) feel he belongs.
                  sigpic
                  “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                  ——-
                  List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                  Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• cjm720
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                    I'm hoping the pep band plays "Rui Rui" every time he has a big play (dunk etc).
                    Lol!!
                    Go Zags!!!

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                      Lord Jesus, This idea gets Birddog expedited entry through The Big Gate.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

yet I heard 'he is a baller', at least this person was pleasantly surprised.

Hasn't played much organized ball in past 18 months, thus behind a bit. But also a diamond in the rough, just scratching the surface.

Zags plan to be patient, as depth chart is deep at his position next season.

Larsen isn't only big body, he's inherently strong and has terrific feet. Again, not much basketball is being played since he's arrived, but looks much better than anticipated in individual work.

"baller", "natural footwork", "surprising strength"…seemed genuinely excited about his upside.

Anyway, he stood out compared to initial expectations, esp never hearing a peep about him.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                        X