Zagdawg
09-14-2016, 08:42 AM
For a big kid --he has some wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWzit_axxj8

LongIslandZagFan
09-14-2016, 09:03 AM
For a big kid --he has some wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWzit_axxj8

Love how he would seek kids out to just stiff arm them to the ground.

SLOZag
09-14-2016, 09:06 AM
Zagdawg -- Where did you find this old clip of Mika's elementary school antics?

seacatfan
09-14-2016, 09:29 AM
This popped up on my facebook feed yesterday. That kid probably weighs almost twice as much as most of the poor kids he is running over. He can't help it that he's freakishly big for his age, but it's a completely unfair advantage for him vs. pretty much all of his peers. Consider me not that impressed.

Zagdawg
09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Agree they need to have him play up to the next age group or level (or two) --this will help him develop and also help the littler guys have a chance (saw this on my sons soccer team --younger guy played up because he was so much faster and more skilled than other players and he developed much more playing with the older guys than if he would have stayed in the younger age group).

amaronizag
09-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Must be an early film of the Chicago Bears "Refrigerator"

Zag365
09-14-2016, 01:04 PM
My son started playing youth football around age 8. They had a weight limit to go with the age limit. My son was about 5 to 10 lbs above the weight limit at age 8 so he had to play with 9-year-olds. He continued to "play up" for a couple years until around age 11 or 12 when other kids his age caught up and he became "average" size for his age.

seacatfan
09-14-2016, 01:06 PM
Agree they need to have him play up to the next age group or level (or two) --this will help him develop and also help the littler guys have a chance (saw this on my sons soccer team --younger guy played up because he was so much faster and more skilled than other players and he developed much more playing with the older guys than if he would have stayed in the younger age group).

Yeah you definitely see physical development as well as skill development vary widely when they are younger.

This video kinda reminds of one that made the rounds several years ago of a wrestling prodigy that absolutely dominated everybody he went up against. He was maybe only like 8 or 9 or something but already some startling musculature for his age. He tossed the other kids around like rag dolls. They were mostly so intimidated the match was over before it even started. Like I said above a kid can't help it if he's advanced way beyond his peer group, but it just doesn't seem very sporting to watch it.