• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

More on 2009'er Marshall

Not every report can be glowing. By Greg Hicks--

Anthony Marshall, 6-2 JR SG/PG Las Vegas (Nev.) Mojave. Marshall played about as poorly at this event as I’ve seen him play. His shot wasn’t falling and he had way too many turnovers. However, I haven’t changed my opinion on him as a prospect – I still think he’s among the best 2009 guards in the west -- and that’s something for young players to keep in mind. You’re going to have plenty of time to get exposure and earn a scholarship. It’s your body of work, over the course of four years in high school, that will matter. So don’t worry about impressing scouts, coaches, etc. when you step on the court. Your play over the course of time will speak for itself. And Marshall, over the last two years that I’ve been watching him play, has impressed me a great deal. He plays hard all the time, he’s a very good defender, an above average athlete and he plays to win. He’s a high major prospect, despite the fact that he had a poor showing on one Saturday in September.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Rubbadub
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Do you think there's need for a pg in the '09 class?
    sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• cggonzaga
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

I believe he's more of a pg/sg combo type. I still think the staff wants a PG for 09. Whether that's Cunningham or if they decide Marshall's a pg I believe they hope to get one. I'm sure there's many more out there we haven't even heard of. With Pargo leaving, hopefully not till after 08, they'll want a pg for depth reasons in 09. Granted Gibbs and Goodson will only be sophomores, you never know what happens with injuries, departures and possibly Gibbs becoming more of a sg.

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Rubbadub View Post
        Do you think there's need for a pg in the '09 class?
        Yes, a PG and a Big to go with Osweiler.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
        X