PDA

View Full Version : New Political Forum

former1dog
08-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Greetings.

It got lost in the other thread, so I thought I would start a new thread.

As there seems to be demand for an outlet for members of this board to express themselves about politics and to a lesser degree arts and science, I have set up a new forum.

I have asked board members Webspinnre and Sonuvazag to moderate this forum. Both have agreed, but aren't available for another several weeks.

The plan is to allow well informed individuals the opportunity to politely express themselves. I also plan to require a passing score on online civics, history and logic tests prior to admittance. There will be strict rules regarding language and decorum.

If you would like to be invited to participate in this forum please send an email to occ.rejects@gmail.com

MDABE80
08-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Funny..........the english, logic and civics part.

ZagLawGrad
08-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Sounds like the new forum would be a good place for those who wear crushed red velvet smoking jackets and smoke cigars with a glass of scotch.

Hoopaholic
08-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Sounds like the new forum would be a good place for those who wear crushed red velvet smoking jackets and smoke cigars with a glass of scotch.

shucks, my smoking jacket is a plaid flannel shirt......but the rest fits me perfectly

willandi
08-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Well, I know that Civics are made by Honda, most of the engineers speak English, but I don't know if that's logical.

sonuvazag
08-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Well, I know that Civics are made by Honda, most of the engineers speak English, but I don't know if that's logical.

http://images.memes.com/character/meme/maury-determined-that-was-a-lie

The test results came in... And you are Foo material.

willandi
08-05-2016, 07:08 AM
http://images.memes.com/character/meme/maury-determined-that-was-a-lie

The test results came in... And you are Foo material.

Foo me once, my fault. Foo me twice and...well, you know!

willandi
08-05-2016, 07:15 AM
"I pity da foo..."

former1dog
08-11-2016, 08:40 AM
Greetings.

It got lost in the other thread, so I thought I would start a new thread.

As there seems to be demand for an outlet for members of this board to express themselves about politics and to a lesser degree arts and science, I have set up a new forum.

I have asked board members Webspinnre and Sonuvazag to moderate this forum. Both have agreed, but aren't available for another several weeks.

The plan is to allow well informed individuals the opportunity to politely express themselves. I also plan to require a passing score on online civics, history and logic tests prior to admittance. There will be strict rules regarding language and decorum.

If you would like to be invited to participate in this forum please send an email to occ.rejects@gmail.com

Well, I've gotten very little response to my offer, so its looking quite likely that this won't move forward. Likely, for the better.

Once and Future Zag
08-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Well, I've gotten very little response to my offer, so its looking quite likely that this won't move forward. Likely, for the better.

Quel suprise.

gu03alum
08-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Quel suprise.

Yep

ZagLawGrad
08-11-2016, 06:33 PM

OCC was just fine. Weakmindedness of those who had no business even reading it brought it down. And no one likes dumb tests. Good job.

willandi
08-13-2016, 06:01 AM

I probably would be interested in that type of forum, but not until the election is over. My blood pressure suffers too much.

bartruff1
08-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Relax Will, the election is over....just need to count the votes...

willandi
08-15-2016, 06:56 AM
Relax Will, the election is over....just need to count the votes...

I tend to feel that way as well but it doesn't stop the vitriol, accusations and outright lies from both sides. As an intelligent voter whose personal stance is somewhere right of the extreme left (and not saying how far right), I get caught up in the rhetoric and attempt the impossible...to show someone how they are wrong by using facts, by pointing out hypocracy or just mentioning the obvious (at least to me). I don't need it, I get enough on Facebook, and feel better w/o it, Even on FB I have quit following several longtime friends because of their consistent BS. Soon it will be over and then we can go back to being angry for the regular reasons! LOL

bartruff1
08-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Political dialog is a fools errand.....it is remarkable that with the invention of the internet and the ability to exchange ideas with the entire world ...

dialog has ended in (as you say) a blizzard of spin...I don't think it will end with a election..

ZagaZags
08-16-2016, 12:37 AM
Political dialog is a fools errand.....it is remarkable that with the invention of the internet and the ability to exchange ideas with the entire world ...

dialog has ended in (as you say) a blizzard of spin...I don't think it will end with a election..

Is this the mini OCC?

bartruff1
08-16-2016, 05:47 AM
no

willandi
08-16-2016, 06:50 AM
Is this the mini OCC?

If you want, you can start a thread, it will become partisan bickering, get moved to the Foo and subsequently totally deleted!

DixieZag
08-19-2016, 03:19 AM
Lack of interest?

Few people read this portion of the board. I hadn't noticed.

This is also requires a little explanation:

The plan is to allow well informed individuals the opportunity to politely express themselves. I also plan to require a passing score on online civics, history and logic tests prior to admittance. There will be strict rules regarding language and decorum

Not sure if it is said tongue in cheek, but I am not sure how one (and it sounds like "one" is the key) is going to score this - the last sentence is perfectly understandable.

Bogozags
08-19-2016, 09:51 AM
If you want, you can start a thread, it will become partisan bickering, get moved to the Foo and subsequently totally deleted!

Here we go...

The Police are over the top and hate minorities

The Democratic and Republican nominees for President suck

There is no Global Warming...just some group of guys burning too much trash

Racism in America is non-existent...it is just make believe

Black Lives Matter is just a forum for Blacks that hate whites...

The pipeline from Canada to NO would have created thousands upon thousands of American jobs for decades to come

Deep down inside, McCain is anti-veteran

Osama still lives and is running ISIS for Obama and Hillary

Romar covertly runs a camp for the NBA

The unemployed in the "rust belt" are not looking for work...they are happy with their unemployment checks

Giuliami was right, terror acts in the US began only after Obama became President

SMC is a lock to make the Dance

Once and Future Zag
08-19-2016, 06:00 PM
Was the problem with the OCC it not being moderated up to the standards up to the site owners standards?

Or, was the OCC inappropriate altogether and innately?

JPtheBeasta
08-27-2016, 03:42 PM
Was the problem with the OCC it not being moderated up to the standards up to the site owners standards?

Or, was the OCC inappropriate altogether and innately?

It would be nice to see an official statement from the powers that be that addresses this.

MDABE80
08-31-2016, 12:15 AM
Answer: neither:)

ZagaZags
11-09-2016, 12:06 AM
America has spoken.

http://f.ptcdn.info/864/012/000/1386005390-tumblrlhz0-o.gif

jim77
11-09-2016, 12:11 AM
America has spoken.

You called it Zaga..now back to the absolute worst 2 months of my life.

ZagLawGrad
11-09-2016, 07:14 AM
The OCC discussion would have been so fun today.

But weakmindedness prevailed to end it.

Go Zags!

bartruff1
11-09-2016, 08:03 AM
Just shoot me...

sittingon50
11-09-2016, 01:54 PM
America has spoken.

Yeah, HC up by about 200,000 votes. I guess the system was rigged.

webspinnre
11-09-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm grateful the OCC isn't around anymore. My life has been much more peaceful. Wishing everyone a blessed week, and a happy Fake Friday tomorrow.

Bogozags
11-09-2016, 03:59 PM
America has spoken.

Let's pray he becomes a capable American leader!

gu03alum
11-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Go Zags!

bartruff1
11-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Let's pray he becomes a capable American leader!

Yes, I will never forget how the Republicans supported the new President when the Country was in a economic freefall and losing two wars....

sonuvazag
11-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Our secret political discussion thread, love it.