PDA

View Full Version : Donaven Dorsey will transfer to Montana (NT) by cfetters

GoZags
07-20-2016, 10:40 AM
Christian Caple ✔ @ChristianCaple
Timberline HS alum Donaven Dorsey will transfer from the UW basketball program.
11:22 AM - 20 Jul 2016
12 12 Retweets 2 2 likes

https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=ChristianCaple

Kiddwell
07-20-2016, 11:14 AM
Would GU have any interest?

:]

cggonzaga
07-20-2016, 11:33 AM
Christian Caple ✔ @ChristianCaple
Timberline HS alum Donaven Dorsey will transfer from the UW basketball program.
11:22 AM - 20 Jul 2016
12 12 Retweets 2 2 likes

https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=ChristianCaple

Shocking....not. Should've come to GU from the get go. Now I'm not sure we'd even want him as the 3 is pretty deep for years to come. I'd rather have Daejon Davis anyways.

Coach Crazy
07-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Shocking....not. Should've come to GU from the get go. Now I'm not sure we'd even want him as the 3 is pretty deep for years to come. I'd rather have Daejon Davis anyways.

I second that. And it isn't a pipe dream, at this point.

MDABE80
07-20-2016, 03:21 PM
We liked him before. I do think Rui and Zach have the SF covered. Rui is ranked in the NBA Draft as a likely 2018 lotto at No 8. he might not be around I do know he looks like a world beat in the scims. I had no idea how good this kid looks. Endless motor, great shooter and an amazing lift. He's going to wow some people this and next year. Let's see how he does in competition.
Zach Norvell is sensational. Dejon Davis is thining of us but I think he'll head to AZ or Romar will reel him back into the fold. Donovan Dorsey was a high priority for us a few years back. He's still really good!
Few and the boys will have some choices to make......... I still beieve we have FF talent now and for the next few years if the high end kids stick around.

Zag365
07-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Not much insight into reason (other than obvious speculation about limited playing time with new hot-shot recruits coming). Sounds like either he or program (or both) couldn't generate motivation. http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/washington-junior-donaven-dorsey-leaves-mens-basketball-team/

MDABE80
07-28-2016, 09:13 PM
No other news on this;)

Zags_Fanatic
07-28-2016, 09:42 PM
I like it, wonder if there is a connection to Martin Breunig's success after transferring to Montana from UW. Best of luck to Dorsey!

hooter73
07-28-2016, 09:50 PM
Wow, nice get.

mtzaga
07-29-2016, 04:06 AM
The news from eGriz.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74149

jazzdelmar
07-29-2016, 06:11 AM
The vagaries of recruiting. For every Joe Harris you miss on there are a dozen Dorseys you happily miss on.

Coach Crazy
07-29-2016, 06:18 AM
Wow. That's a steep step down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zagdawg
07-29-2016, 07:00 AM
He said he wanted to go "Somewhere that he had a shot at making the dance before he graduates".

23dpg
07-29-2016, 07:29 AM
Good outside shooter. I never saw much else of him while he was at UW. He always seemed to be out of shape but that might just be his body habitus.

maynard g krebs
07-29-2016, 09:32 AM
I saw him in the state tourney in hs against a strong Franklin team and at that time he had a lot more game than he ever showed at UW, at least on the offensive end, but was something of a lazy defender. That's true of a lot of hs stars though, and sometimes a hs star is coached to stay out of foul trouble. Who knows. But it could be like the Turner kid, I think it was, who transferred to A&M from UW becuase Romar made him be just a catch and shoot 3 pt guy.

Might have been good at another school where he was allowed to do different things than just shoot 3's.

jrmeehan
07-29-2016, 01:23 PM
I saw him in the state tourney in hs against a strong Franklin team and at that time he had a lot more game than he ever showed at UW, at least on the offensive end, but was something of a lazy defender. That's true of a lot of hs stars though, and sometimes a hs star is coached to stay out of foul trouble. Who knows. But it could be like the Turner kid, I think it was, who transferred to A&M from UW becuase Romar made him be just a catch and shoot 3 pt guy.

Might have been good at another school where he was allowed to do different things than just shoot 3's.

Dorsey broke his foot before his frosh year, and put on like 30+ lbs. lost his quickness and thus couldn't do much but shoot. He's finally back in shape, but was going to have trouble getting burn. Montana is a good spot for him.

ZagsObserver
07-29-2016, 01:55 PM
Zags had no interest?