PDA

View Full Version : Advocare Invitational Bracket

Zags_Fanatic
07-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Andy Katz just tweeted the following:

CBB tourney Bracket: Advocare Invitational at Disney Wide World of Sports (Nov. 24,25,27), according to sources: Gonzaga-Quinnipiac and Seton Hall-Florida on one side of bracket; Stanford-Miami and Indiana State-Iowa State on the other.

Second round and championship matchups should be solid, Quinnipiac weakest in tourney by far.

strikenowhere
07-12-2016, 02:22 PM
What a garbage first round matchup

webspinnre
07-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Bummer, would've been nice to get another first round match.

jazzdelmar
07-12-2016, 02:41 PM
Should be a GU-Hurricanes final.

Birddog
07-12-2016, 02:45 PM

Second round and championship matchups should be solid, Quinnipiac weakest in tourney by far.

What do they call Quinnipiac anyway? The "Pollsters"?

Bogozags
07-12-2016, 03:13 PM

:roll:

cjm720
07-12-2016, 05:11 PM

It's nice props to us, the number one seed!

CDC84
07-12-2016, 05:45 PM
What a garbage first round matchup

ESPN loves the matchup. Anything to get the Zags to the championship. But yes, a team that finished 297 in the RPI last year isn't going to help GU's resume. It's not exactly a great field overall, to be honest. I think the Atlantis tournament has really hurt a number of tournaments like the Orlando one.

Birddog
07-12-2016, 06:42 PM

I looked it up, they're the Bobcats. I think Pollcats or Polltergeists would be better.

sittingon50
07-12-2016, 07:11 PM

:clap:

MiamiZags
07-12-2016, 07:22 PM

I've been wondering if and when my 2 teams would ever match up. It would put me in a tough quandary fan-wise, but I'd prefer early season versus post season any day.

hondo
07-12-2016, 07:41 PM
I looked it up, they're the Bobcats. I think Pollcats or Polltergeists would be better.

Very good BDog.

seacatfan
07-12-2016, 08:32 PM
I've been wondering if and when my 2 teams would ever match up. It would put me in a tough quandary fan-wise, but I'd prefer early season versus post season any day.

What do you think of the Canes' prospects for next year? I don't know their roster very well, but I know they lost two very good Sr. guards (that ripped Wichita State's vaunted pair of Sr. guards apart in the Tourney) from last year and their rim protector in the middle.

Goshzagit
07-13-2016, 07:17 AM

I'd agree with this, yet can't count out Seton Hall.

The Pirates return 4 of 5 starters off a 25-9 season. Tough, athletic, talented, & well Coached. They lose Whitehead, yet add a solid transfer, a couple rising Sophomores, and a Top-100 recruit.

A resurgence could be happening in New Jersey...

ConnZag3
07-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Seems like this means GU is the "1 seed" in the tournament by drawing the throw-in MAAC team in round 1. I wouldn't count out Iowa St. making a run to the final either from the other side of the bracket. They get Naz Long back and still have some talent even with the loss of Niang (finally...).

jazzdelmar
07-13-2016, 09:07 AM
I'd agree with this, yet can't count out Seton Hall.

The Pirates return 4 of 5 starters off a 25-9 season. Tough, athletic, talented, & well Coached. They lose Whitehead, yet add a solid transfer, a couple rising Sophomores, and a Top-100 recruit.

A resurgence could be happening in New Jersey...

Hah. Trust me, no resurgence happening anywhere in Jersey.

Bogozags
07-13-2016, 04:56 PM

You know Jazz, your a hard man...;)

MiamiZags
07-13-2016, 05:04 PM
What do you think of the Canes' prospects for next year? I don't know their roster very well, but I know they lost two very good Sr. guards (that ripped Wichita State's vaunted pair of Sr. guards apart in the Tourney) from last year and their rim protector in the middle.

I'm impressed with your knowledge. Most people still are surprised Miami even has a bball team. :lmao:

I think it will be similar situation to Gonzaga, with so many newcomers. Just like the Zags, Miami has prob their best incoming recruiting class ever (including 1 McD AA - only 4th ever). So it will come down to how they adjust to high D1 and mesh with each other. They have some great recruits coming in, plus Shabazz Muhammad's brother (transfer from SJ St) is eligible. I think overall the Zags have better depth and returning talent, so I would take the Zags over Miami if I were forced to pick. Would be an interesting matchup. Jim Larraņaga is the greatest thing that's ever happened to the program. BTW the Canes have a PG committed for 2017 from Gonzaga (HS in DC) - thought that was a fun coincidence.

gonzagafan62
07-13-2016, 05:25 PM

Yup. I also don't see any resurgence. They'd be dead meat vs Gonzaga.

seacatfan
07-13-2016, 07:17 PM
I'm impressed with your knowledge. Most people still are surprised Miami even has a bball team. :lmao:

I think it will be similar situation to Gonzaga, with so many newcomers. Just like the Zags, Miami has prob their best incoming recruiting class ever (including 1 McD AA - only 4th ever). So it will come down to how they adjust to high D1 and mesh with each other. They have some great recruits coming in, plus Shabazz Muhammad's brother (transfer from SJ St) is eligible. I think overall the Zags have better depth and returning talent, so I would take the Zags over Miami if I were forced to pick. Would be an interesting matchup. Jim Larraņaga is the greatest thing that's ever happened to the program. BTW the Canes have a PG committed for 2017 from Gonzaga (HS in DC) - thought that was a fun coincidence.

Cool, thanks. Larranga has been doing a great job. Hamilton had a nice tenure as well, had them relevant in the old (but not original) Big East for several years.

OZZY
07-14-2016, 04:08 PM
Just as well the Zags aren't playing Quinnipiac in Ice Hockey....