PDA

View Full Version : Attacks on Kevin Durant joining Warriors range from hollow to hypocritical

CDC84
07-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Charles Barkley is the latest to rip Durant who is a total class act and a great role model for kids. He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-warriors-criticism-charles-barkley-stephen-a-smith/1d46oiqj8kzzn12v33h10omy1h

Mantua
07-06-2016, 08:21 PM
I bet Barkley would have nothing but nice things to say if he had joined the Suns. A lot of the blowback on KD is about how great Golden State is going to be. I was hoping he'd end up in Oakland. The Warriors were so much fun to follow this year, but also needed a healthy effective big. I wish the Celts good get a superstar. They're another entertaining team I like. Kelly seems to fit in well and seems happy.

CDC84
07-06-2016, 08:54 PM
In all honesty, the backlash would be even worse if the Warriors had won the title. Kevin would be totally viewed as a guy who is piggy-backing on GS' success. A big part of the GS sales pitch to him was that they needed a great player like him in order to win multiple championships and avoid situations like their most recent collapse against Cleveland. The Warriors organization has apparently been preparing for this for the past couple of seasons. They love Durant and how he fits into their system and overall organizational philosophy....both on the floor and within the community. It's also being mentioned that Durant and Westbrook didn't always see eye to eye.....that as great as Westbrook is, he takes a lot of bad shots and doesn't facilitate offense. With Durant on board, you're going to see the ball move more than ever at Golden State. Curry's assists per game are likely to skyrocket.

coolhandzag
07-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Well, that is what free agency in the NBA is all about. You can pick where you want to go, if they'll take you.

Haven't really paid that much attention to the NBA since '93. Maybe someone could ask Chuck about the 67 free throws.

LongIslandZagFan
07-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Karma is a B#### OKC... a real nasty one. Hope that team stays cursed forever.

CDC84
07-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Some reporter at the KD presser just asked, "There are some people who feel you are MORALLY wrong to change teams and play with the Warriors. Do you feel guilty?"

Unreal.

What's scary is that there are some people with that mentality.

CDC84
07-07-2016, 05:34 PM
One of the people who was introduced at the presser, along with Durant's Mom, Dad and agent, was his security guy. Now I know why. Some sports fans are just nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if he's received death threats. Since when has the very act of changing employers become an act of morality?

webspinnre
07-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Some reporter at the KD presser just asked, "There are some people who feel you are MORALLY wrong to change teams and play with the Warriors. Do you feel guilty?"

Unreal.

What's scary is that there are some people with that mentality.

Right, because free agency is a MORAL issue? Argh.

CDC84
07-14-2016, 08:57 PM
Way to go Wanda Durant:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/durants-mom-talks-adam-silver-about-her-sons-decision

willandi
07-15-2016, 07:55 AM
One of the people who was introduced at the presser, along with Durant's Mom, Dad and agent, was his security guy. Now I know why. Some sports fans are just nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if he's received death threats. Since when has the very act of changing employers become an act of morality?

I know it's TMZ and I suspect it has been done to provide a boost to the careers of Ciara and Future, but it's out there.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/05/ciara-russell-wilson-future-threat-violence/