PDA

View Full Version : Cue the drama for the 2017 draft.

jazzdelmar
06-23-2016, 12:35 PM
The most likely players to be drafted on the next year's top 25 teams

16. Zach Collins, Gonzaga Bulldogs

I'm just not sold that Nigel Williams-Goss, Johnathan Williams III or Przemek Karnowski will be NBA players. Collins, a 7-foot incoming freshman from Las Vegas, has a chance. He's got a rare combination of size, skill and mobility. Collins can stretch the defense with his ability to step out and make shots from the perimeter. He also runs the court well for a big man and finishes well around the basket. Time will tell whether Collins develops, but he has a higher upside than the older guys in Spokane. -- Goodman

Coach Crazy
06-23-2016, 01:34 PM

I'm just not sold that Nigel Williams-Goss, Johnathan Williams III or Przemek Karnowski will be NBA players. Collins, a 7-foot incoming freshman from Las Vegas, has a chance. He's got a rare combination of size, skill and mobility. Collins can stretch the defense with his ability to step out and make shots from the perimeter. He also runs the court well for a big man and finishes well around the basket. Time will tell whether Collins develops, but he has a higher upside than the older guys in Spokane. -- Goodman

This would be huge for Gonzaga. Yes, it would be great to have a kid of the one-and-done ilk to remain at Gonzaga 2 or 3 seasons, but it also bolsters your recruiting profile as a program. Might be enough to get players like Daejon Davis, Shareef O'Neal, and Miles Norris to give us that next level look.

MDABE80
06-23-2016, 01:44 PM

Somebody tell him that we're focused on kidds that play well in college. I don't care if they are NBA types just so they win games in college ranks. Sometime college kids ( Jimmer) just kill it in college ( Ammo) but don't do well in the pros. We seem to have them with us. So would we love to have Jimmer or Adam or whoever even though they may not do well in the pro's? Of course we'd take em.