PDA

View Full Version : OT: Rebmann House tear-down

ZagsObserver
06-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Feel free to move, mods.

I hear the Rebmann House is currently being torn down. Does anyone here know what the plan is? Sad to see familiar buildings go.

Zag 77
06-15-2016, 02:56 PM
I saw it today. Nothing but rubble. It did not take much to knock it down. GU expansion. Nearby Knights of Columbus will be gone pretty soon too, so get there quickly to take a picture for posterity. Rebmann was not exactly on the Register of Historic Places. Exact copy of Alliance, Lincoln and Campion.

For those that forget, Rebmann was kiddy-corner from St. Al's.

DixieZag
06-15-2016, 03:02 PM
I don't forget. Lived there for first two years. Great place.

But, no hard feelings. That's an area now critical for expansion, nowhere to go toward Hamilton.

But, lots of good memories.

ZagsObserver
06-15-2016, 04:15 PM
I saw it today. Nothing but rubble. It did not take much to knock it down. GU expansion. Nearby Knights of Columbus will be gone pretty soon too, so get there quickly to take a picture for posterity. Rebmann was not exactly on the Register of Historic Places. Exact copy of Alliance, Lincoln and Campion.

For those that forget, Rebmann was kiddy-corner from St. Al's.

What's the plan for that space?

Birddog
06-15-2016, 04:31 PM
All those cloned vertical lumber yard dorms were built around '63 or '64 and were said to be temporary solutions to the housing shortage. Monica Catherine was a year or two earlier and was also advertised as temporary. 50 plus years is a long temporary.

zags97
06-15-2016, 05:20 PM
New Jesuit House.

No plans to tear down the Knights of Columbus building yet, i believe. Current plan is to use it as a music education related facility near the new Performing Arts Center.

ZagsObserver
06-15-2016, 05:23 PM
New Jesuit House.

No plans to tear down the Knights of Columbus building yet, i believe. Current plan is to use it as a music education related facility near the new Performing Arts Center.

What's the plan with the old Jesuit house?

zags97
06-15-2016, 05:30 PM
Reuse existing building for more campus offices i think.

zag39
06-15-2016, 07:43 PM
I feel very sad because Rebmann was my first house in the US.

MDABE80
06-15-2016, 08:21 PM
I cleaned em all and shined the floors! SHoveled out Catherine- Monica for the girls to get to the COG in the WInter.especially 1968. Mowed em all an dput in the sprinkler systems.Tough chore! Nice old memories. #manly :)