PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Williams-Goss is Ready Post Ankle Surgey

Zagdawg
05-15-2016, 07:59 PM
zagsguru
Nigel Williams-Goss appears to have recovered well from his ankle procedure and is ready to lead Gonzaga to victory in the 2016-17 season!

#Repost @nigelwg0 with @repostapp
・・・
"Off of surgery now we back again"
Pops promised me we gunna be ready, I told him we always are. #ZagUp 📽:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFc75oXKp6k/

cggonzaga
05-15-2016, 09:24 PM
Not to put any more pressure on the kid but he NEEDS to be the man this year. As far as I'm concerned this is Goss' and Perkins' team. They form what I believe to be one of the top backcourts in the country. If they can do that and JWIII is what I think he is and Melson makes an upperclassmen jump, this team has enough talent around those guys to make serious noise next season.

Bogozags
05-16-2016, 03:51 AM
Not to put any more pressure on the kid but he NEEDS to be the man this year. As far as I'm concerned this is Goss' and Perkins' team. They form what I believe to be one of the top backcourts in the country. If they can do that and JWIII is what I think he is and Melson makes an upperclassmen jump, this team has enough talent around those guys to make serious noise next season.

I would love to hear that PK is healthy enough to play and finish his senior season Playing for GU...his senior leadership would help tremendously and from what I understand, Edwards and PK pushed each other in practices before he got hurt...so Edwards benefits too!

Goshzagit
05-16-2016, 06:54 AM
Great to see! I've been curiously optimistic and hopeful for him.

Nigel has not been able to take advantage of Gonzaga's established and highly regarded RS program. He has been around the team and an awesome presence in the locker room, but not able to really grow on the court.

NWG hasn't played organized hoops since last October(!) due to this nagging ankle/ankle issue. He returned to the court in late December and attempted to practice through January, but unable to fully participate thus leading to surgery.

I sincerely hope this corrected the issue moving forward.

As mentioned and expected, he will be needed…in a big way.

He looks to be using this off-season to get back to playing shape, as he's missed a total of around 6 months of practicing/playing. He's a terrific talent and shouldn't require much time to get back in form. His shooting is still a work in progress, but his ball handling, floater, vision are NBA-level and/or second to none.

I only know of the 4-5 weeks he was able to play pick-up and practice with the guys, and he showed quickly why he's a coveted player. It is well known he was one of the biggest reasons Perkins improved his ball-handling and isolation moves as the season wore on -- one was experience, the other was NWG working with him on one-on-one moves every. single. practice.

Excited for NWG.

MontanaCoyote
05-16-2016, 08:03 AM
I would love to hear that PK is healthy enough to play and finish his senior season Playing for GU...his senior leadership would help tremendously and from what I understand, Edwards and PK pushed each other in practices before he got hurt...so Edwards benefits too!
Right On! PK will be the "center" of the ZAG's universe if he returns....providing the gravity and gravitas needed to keep all our planets spinning in their assigned orbits.

GoZags
05-16-2016, 08:13 AM

Agree .... but I'm thinking it'll be another 4-6 weeks before anything is known.

And edited to add: I am really looking forward to NWG taking the floor for the Zags. He could end up being one of the great ones.

cggonzaga
05-16-2016, 10:31 AM

I too would love this. However, I'd be cautiously optimistic he could return as the same player. Would definitely be a great leader though!

Zagdawg
09-27-2016, 07:12 AM
Gonzaga Guru ‏@ZagsGuru 27m27 minutes ago
Nigel Williams-Goss predicted as 2nd team All-American by @CBTonNBC. Gonzaga is a top 10 team & Nigel is its engine
College Basketball Talk -NBC Sports

"Nigel Williams-Goss, Gonzaga: You may not recognize this name. A former top 30 recruit, Williams-Goss transferred out of Washington after an all-Pac 12 season as a sophomore. He sat out last year as a transfer and will step in to the starting point guard role this season. Gonzaga lost Kyle Wiltjer and Domas Sabonis, but with the talent they have returning and becoming eligible this season the Zags have the look of a top ten team, and we expect Williams-Goss to be their engine."

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/09/27/college-basketball-preseason-all-american-team/

MDABE80
09-27-2016, 07:29 AM
Gooooooo Gooooooooooooooossssssssssss!