PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV

willandi
04-26-2016, 07:35 AM
I am in Deer Park. Does Direct TV carry Root Sports?

MontanaCoyote
04-26-2016, 07:46 AM
I have D TV here in Montana and we get ROOT. Gives me Zag games. May be a premium, but bet you can get it.

TheGonzagaFactor
04-26-2016, 07:54 AM

Yes, I believe everyone does, but DTV does for sure. If you go to their website and put in zip code it should show you what package you need for it. The one above basic should have it.

Birddog
04-26-2016, 08:21 AM
It is part of the "Sports Pkg" and I believe it is about $13 a month. i get it in Central Ok. BTW, with DirecTV there is no extra charge for adding and dropping a pkg so you can use it only for BB season.

Zag 77
04-26-2016, 08:25 AM
DISH is better and cheaper. Just for heaven's sake don't ever go with Comcast.

Bogozags
04-26-2016, 09:29 AM
Yes, DTV carries the same channels throughout the country. You must have the Sports package and Root Sports is always on channel 687.

"77" you say DISH is better and cheaper. I initially had DISH but they didn't have ROOT Sports, so you are saying they carry it now?

Don't know about Comcast but Time Warner doesn't have a package that includes ROOT Sports.

Maxthebigdog
04-26-2016, 09:49 AM
I have had dish since 1992 and always able to receive Root Sports.......
You people must work for Direct tv........

SteelZag
04-26-2016, 10:18 AM

Comcast isn't bad if you have a ton of money and don't mind their customer service.

I'm getting ready to cut the cord and I need to make a choice. If I am in a room with eight other people, the split seems to be fairly even between Dish, Direct TV and Comcast. I'm going to watch this thread with interest. I'd really like to see how many fans do nothing but stream content.

VaBeachZAG
04-26-2016, 11:29 AM
It is part of the "Sports Pkg" and I believe it is about $13 a month. i get it in Central Ok. BTW, with DirecTV there is no extra charge for adding and dropping a pkg so you can use it only for BB season.

Using the Directv Sports Package only during basketball season is exactly what I do. I used to also carry that package through football season as well until the Pac 12 went with its own network (which Directv will not carry for some reason). Given all the Zags game coverage by the various ESPN stations and the streaming of conference games by the WCC network, I can see how some might not see the Sports Package being as good a value as it once was.

willandi
04-26-2016, 11:32 AM

Currently with Dish. If every 2 years, or so, you switch, they provide their latest boxes and stuff. They also have a one year discounted price. I'm just trying to figure out the best package and the best way to go. Comcast doesn't go to Deer Park.

Mr Vulture
04-26-2016, 11:56 AM
If you bundle the services, the cost isn't really all that different between the three. I have every channel possible with Comcast, HBO/Starz, Sports Package, 4 receivers, one DVR, Super fast and reliable internet, and home security system. Runs me a total of $160 before taxes. Even more importantly to me, I always know my channels are there unlike Dish services that seem to be fighting with a channel every year and turn it off sometimes for months.

Comcast isn't bad if you have a ton of money and don't mind their customer service.

I'm getting ready to cut the cord and I need to make a choice. If I am in a room with eight other people, the split seems to be fairly even between Dish, Direct TV and Comcast. I'm going to watch this thread with interest. I'd really like to see how many fans do nothing but stream content.

TheGonzagaFactor
04-27-2016, 06:15 AM

OP lives in Deer Park, which is in the ROOT-NW viewing area. No sports package necessary.

zagfan24
04-27-2016, 07:08 AM

I'm of the stream only approach. On my ROKU, I use livestream for the WCC games and WatchESPN which allows me almost all Zag games. If not, I stream with the gracious fishing spots provided by UZIZ. It works out fine...I have to put my phone away as there is often a 1-2 minute delay so I can get spoiler texts from friends and family on occasion. In the past I had used a family member's login for WatchESPN, though we are now going to subscribe to SlingTV and the sports extra package, which will also be usable for the WatchESPN app.

Zag 77
04-27-2016, 08:00 AM
I initially had DISH but they didn't have ROOT Sports, so you are saying they carry it now?

I have always had Root on DISH in Spokane. Also the PAC 12 Network, BEIN Sports, NBC Sports, CBS Sports, Fox Sports and all the ESPNs.

Bogozags
04-27-2016, 09:06 AM
I have always had Root on DISH in Spokane. Also the PAC 12 Network, BEIN Sports, NBC Sports, CBS Sports, Fox Sports and all the ESPNs.

Thanks 77...that's good to know...

In South Carolina, TMC doesn't carry it but will look into DISH...

willandi
04-27-2016, 09:59 AM
I do have Dish, bundled with internet and phone and it works fine. When I signed up for the 2 year agreement it was to be $135/mo for all. They didn't tell me that a $30/mo raise had been approved and would be implemented in 2 months. I felt used.

I have done the 2 years and am looking to cut the costs. It looks like I can go back to century link for internet and phone, for 2 years, and Direct TV, add the sports package and be about $125/mo...and as a bonus we would get the new DVR box.

What I really want is TCM for the wife to watch her old movies and the ESPN group plus Root so I can watch Zags, Mariners and general sports. The rest I could do without.