PDA

View Full Version : Finally! A report

BobZag
10-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Quite a few Lady Zags resting up and letting nicks and bruises heal, so the pick up games were 4 on 4. Still, though, I saw some impressive improvements over last year, and the two new gals looked good.

Vivian Frieson was the Player of the Day. She was displaying an array of shots and sinking them. She had a nice mid-range shot to go with her interior offense. She ran the floor like a guard. She rebounded with authority. She is much improved from last year. A more mature, smarter player now.

Rachel Kane hit trey after trey. Her knee brace is finally off. I'd like to see her be stronger with the ball, but she sure shot well from long-range.

I liked Courtney Vandersloot's game. She will be a huuuuuge help to the backcourt. She can really take it to the rim. Her outside shot is okay.

Claire Rapp looks like Ashley Anderson at the same young age. A world of potential. With coaching, look out in the future. Very strong and athletic.

Maria Hassett is never flashy but I really liked her mid-range jumper. Made every shot she took from 15 or so feet.

Michelle Elliott will continue to give her team an outside threat, plus just pure hustle and heart. Her shot was off the day I watched. She runs like a deer.

Sasha Polishchuck looked steady, hitting some shots. I see some quality depth with Sasha, and if necessary, she can start and not hurt the team.

In a nutshell, that's about it. We need more healthy bodies, though. That should happen soon.

young julez
10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
I appreciate the update and am looking forward to seeing the team in person!