PDA

View Full Version : Final USA Poll Zags #21

flytiezag
04-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Final poll Zags just behind Utah. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

jazzdelmar
04-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Tough graders. Just a Basket away from the Elite eight. and behind a team they whipped.

MDABE80
04-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Kids REALLY redeemed the season by going hard the last 10 games and hardcore play in the 3 games played in the tournament. Even with Syracuse winning, we never really got beat. If you review the rankings, look at those higher ranked. We'd have trouble with most. Utah though shouldn't be ranked in front of us. To the left in the USA Today graphic there is a tab to look at the AP which stops in March 14. If you look at their rankings, a case can be made for the AP to hold off till the end of the season.

MDABE80
04-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Tough graders. Just a Basket away from the Elite eight. and behind a team they whipped.

You know my friend, we never were left in the dust by any team this year. Always squeakers. SMU won at their place but we didn't get mugged by them.
Even when the first 4 losses by 15 pts, it was just the flip of a coin that generated those outcomes. Took a while to gel but EMAC finally turned into the guard we hoped he would be. In the last game he sat. Few knew he made a mistake benching him and admitted it....a bit late.
Truth be known, I seriousy think we matched up well with Nova which beat Syracuse by a ton. We would have been in that game..

In the end, Domas got stronger and Josh turned into a good shooter while Emac stepped up like never before. Wilt was always performing... God those kids played hard.!

seacatfan
04-05-2016, 11:13 AM
You know my friend, we never were left in the dust by any team this year. Always squeakers. SMU won at their place but we didn't get mugged by them.
Even when the first 4 losses by 15 pts, it was just the flip of a coin that generated those outcomes. Took a while to gel but EMAC finally turned into the guard we hoped he would be. In the last game he sat. Few knew he made a mistake benching him and admitted it....a bit late.
Truth be known, I seriousy think we matched up well with Nova which beat Syracuse by a ton. We would have been in that game..

In the end, Domas got stronger and Josh turned into a good shooter and Emac stepped up like never before. God those kids played hard.!

Got your brackets mixed up. Syracuse didn't play Villanova. The Orange beat Virginia and then lost to North Carolina. 'Nova was on the other side of the bracket. Oklahoma is the team they beat by a ton.

Zagger
04-05-2016, 06:17 PM
In the end, Domas got stronger and Josh turned into a good shooter while Emac stepped up like never before. Wilt was always performing... God those kids played hard.!

You know, playing hard has its virtues. They do well in school too. Go Zags!

zagdontzig
04-05-2016, 07:47 PM

My thoughts exactly. It's not a linear game, but to me it's safe to say we're better than Utah.

ZagaZags
04-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Duke 9-2
Kentucky 6-1
Villanova 8-1
Louisville 10-1
Kansas 10-1
Michigan State 12-1
North Carolina 15-1
Arizona 20-1
Indiana 20-1
Oregon 20-1