• jbslicer
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Team Stream or CBS Crew?

I'm going to listen to the UNC call.
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

I listened to the team stream of Syracuse on Saturday, and the homerism was almost unbearable.

Comment

• Zagceo
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
      I listened to the team stream of Syracuse on Saturday, and the homerism was almost unbearable.
      team stream kinda gave it away

Comment

• gonstu
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

turned game on in second half. Unknowingly was on the UNC stream. I couldn't believe how one-sided the announcing was. Half way through second half I was getting really mad at how partial the analyst was! After the game is when I realized there were different broadcasts - that explained sooooo much!

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

team stream kinda gave it away
          I guess I naively expected it to sound like a Gonzaga radio broadcast where there is at least some level of impartiality. Team stream purposely picked guys who were homers. They were pumping their fists after scores and the whole works.

Of course TBS showed Kenny Smith doing the same thing when his Heels scored big buckets in tonight's game. Part of me feels that a guy like that should voluntarily remove himself from the analyst table. Either that, or TBS should replace him with someone else. There's a conflict of interest.

Comment

• Zag 77
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Great experiment

We watched the Villanova feed and it was very enjoyable. I actually enjoyed the unabashed boosterism and passion. If you are going to watch a game and favor one side I would say this is something to try if you have not partaken before.

Comment

• Birddog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag 77 View Post
              We watched the Villanova feed and it was very enjoyable. I actually enjoyed the unabashed boosterism and passion. If you are going to watch a game and favor one side I would say this is something to try if you have not partaken before.
              And miss out on a possible nugget or two from Bill Raftery? Not on your life.
              Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
              Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
              All mimsy were the borogoves,
              And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I thought for the most part the TBS 'cast was about as pro NC as you could get. Who was the color guy?

Comment

• Birddog
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  I thought for the most part the TBS 'cast was about as pro NC as you could get. Who was the color guy?
                  You're kidding right? In addition to Raftery was Grant Hill. I didn't catch that much bias, but I had trouble hearing a lot of the commentary. That is a frequent problem associated with my failing hearing esp when there is background noise. I did get the idea that they thought UNC would pull it out with their more complete menu of "Burgers". Villanova only had a plain McDonalds Hamburger a local Philly Steak, and a local Stromboli sandwich where as UNC had 2 Big Mac,s, 2 QP with cheese, and 2 Cheesburgers. It really wasn't a fair fight in those terms, but the scrappy street fighters prevailed.
                  Birddog

Comment

• MJ777
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                    You're kidding right? In addition to Raftery was Grant Hill. I didn't catch that much bias, but I had trouble hearing a lot of the commentary. That is a frequent problem associated with my failing hearing esp when there is background noise. I did get the idea that they thought UNC would pull it out with their more complete menu of "Burgers". Villanova only had a plain McDonalds Hamburger a local Philly Steak, and a local Stromboli sandwich where as UNC had 2 Big Mac,s, 2 QP with cheese, and 2 Cheesburgers. It really wasn't a fair fight in those terms, but the scrappy street fighters prevailed.
                    According to many on the UNC forums that I read it was a conspiracy to keep the Heels from winning the title. The refs cost them the game and the analyst on their homerstream mentioned blown calls several times during the broadcast.

Did anyone think the officiating was one sided against UNC? I didn't notice, but I was rooting for Nova.

Comment

• Birddog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Did anyone think the officiating was one sided against UNC? I didn't notice, but I was rooting for Nova.
                      We'll have to wait and see if Roy Williams gets a letter from the NCAA. There was probably at least one blown call for traveling on Nova that was noted by the broadcast team, but I also recall at least one moving screen in the 2nd half that led to a big shot by UNC that wasn't mentioned . It did seem as though there was a lot more noise from UNC fans when replays were shown. I attributed that to just larger numbers of fans for UNC.
                      Birddog

Comment

• jbslicer
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        Brendan Haywood.

Comment

Working...
                        X