PDA

View Full Version : OT- Adam Morrison on JJ Redick's The Vertical Podcast

Zags_Fanatic
04-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Haven't had the time to listen yet but this one should be of interest to all Zags fans. https://art19.com/shows/vertical-jj-redick/episodes/12fdd79c-a718-4774-b0c7-ff51665c388e

strikenowhere
04-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Haven't had the time to listen yet but this one should be of interest to all Zags fans. https://art19.com/shows/vertical-jj-redick/episodes/12fdd79c-a718-4774-b0c7-ff51665c388e

Thanks - there is some great content being discussed here!

Alum08
04-04-2016, 06:21 PM
That was a great listen. Loved Adam's response to playing with the GU players after not playing for 6 months..."Man you guys suck." LOL. Would not have expected anything different.

gonzagafan62
04-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Kyle Wiltjer was in Kentucky last week. On their radio show too. Anyone see that link anywhere??

hooter73
04-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Saw KW all over Twitter as if he had never left Kentucky.

Zags11
04-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Saw KW all over Twitter as if he had never left Kentucky.

???

bartruff1
04-05-2016, 06:35 AM
I hope he doesn't allow his failure in the NBA to define his life...he has a lot to be proud of and a lot of life to live...

hooter73
04-05-2016, 07:46 AM
???

just mean he seemed to be having a good time catching up with his friends there.

Zagdawg
04-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Kyle spending some time at a grade school talking to the kids about some great topics.

Kyle Wiltjer Retweeted
Pro Player Solutions ‏@PPSsportsMGMT 2h2 hours ago
#SchoolIsCool When @kwiltj & @jpolson05 are dropping knowledge #HardWork #RespectingOthers #SetGoals #AntiBullying

Birddog
04-05-2016, 09:05 AM
That was a really good podcast. It runs about an hour, so be prepared. Very insightful in myriad ways.

Zagceo
04-05-2016, 09:16 AM
That was a really good podcast. It runs about an hour, so be prepared. Very insightful in myriad ways.

but did he confirm the bunker story?

WallaWallaZag
04-05-2016, 09:16 AM
I hope he doesn't allow his failure in the NBA to define his life...he has a lot to be proud of and a lot of life to live...

while certainly possible...a little early perhaps???

sonuvazag
04-05-2016, 09:30 AM
while certainly possible...a little early perhaps???

Ammo not KW is my guess.

WallaWallaZag
04-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Ammo not KW is my guess.

:roll: my bad...the post was stuck in the middle of the wiltjer convo, hahaha...enough time has passed that i think he should be over it by now...and he had some good times in europe...was treated like a rockstar over in russia, just like his zag days.

Birddog
04-05-2016, 09:44 AM
He denied the bunker and tried to explain how the story might have gotten legs. As to his reflections on his playing days, I'd suggest you actually listen to the podcast. Both he and Reddick share some insights, it's very informative IMO.

zagbeliever
04-05-2016, 11:03 AM
I really enjoyed the podcast. I think the young guys should listen to it as well, as he talks about how different it is to play at the college level than to go pro regarding camaraderie , competitiveness and the difference with playing with older players at different stages of their lives. It was very enlightening to me and it explained a lot about Adam. He and Reddick are both well spoken. Thumbs up here. (BTW he is pretty PO'd at bunker story. Says he has two locked gun cases (two little girls) but no bunker and that Kyle has never even been to his house)

Zags_Fanatic
04-05-2016, 11:18 AM
I really enjoyed the podcast. I think the young guys should listen to it as well, as he talks about how different it is to play at the college level than to go pro regarding camaraderie , competitiveness and the difference with playing with older players at different stages of their lives. It was very enlightening to me and it explained a lot about Adam. He and Reddick are both well spoken. Thumbs up here. (BTW he is pretty PO'd at bunker story. Says he has two locked gun cases (two little girls) but no bunker and that Kyle has never even been to his house)

I think it's safe to say that invite probably won't come anytime soon, either.

Ekrub
04-05-2016, 11:41 AM

He did seem pretty salty, wasnt impressed wiltjer was saying that. Interesting to note he has gone from Marx fan to libertarian. I suppose millions of dollars will do that to you.

zagbeliever
04-05-2016, 12:12 PM

He also said that his fading in his first year was partly due to his diabetes and the grueling NBA schedule. His body wasn't quite prepared for that. He felt that he contributed a lot to the Lakers in practices etc even though he sat on the bench.

zagfan24
04-05-2016, 02:16 PM

Very true. Plus, "failing" in the NBA is more than 99.999% of basketball players can ever claim to have achieved.

Adam had a decent rookie season. I think he could have been a solid role player with the right system, coach, and team situation. The subsequent injury really derailed his career as he couldn't ever recover from the loss of lateral mobility, which was already his weakest trait as a player. Still, he won a few titles and played alongside some greats. His GU days will forever be a very fond memory for him I'm sure. I certainly cherished the chance to witness his performances as a fan.