PDA

View Full Version : Elite 8 Games 3/26

MJ777
03-26-2016, 05:19 PM
What does it all mean? A day after Wiltjer who transferred to GU after winning a Natl championship at Kentucky is eliminated from the tourney Ryan Spangler who transferred from GU to Oklahoma helps his team get to the FF.

I wonder if Oregon fans wish they had lost the way Wisconsin, Gonzaga or UNI did instead of getting blown out?

MJ777
03-26-2016, 06:26 PM
Villanova up 23-16 with 4:50 to go in half.

seacatfan
03-26-2016, 06:46 PM
Go 'Nova! Up 32-25 at the half.

Birddog
03-26-2016, 07:17 PM
And just like that Kansas takes a 4 pt lead!

MJ777
03-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Villanova 54-50 5 to go.

Meanwhile on ABC; Moses 1 Pharaoh 0

Ezag
03-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Spangler did good by going to OK....Nova might pull this off!

seacatfan
03-26-2016, 08:00 PM
'Nova!

MJ777
03-26-2016, 08:01 PM
Congrats to Nova for getting to the FF. Jay Wright gets monkey off his back. Go UVA and ND tomorrow.

seacatfan
03-26-2016, 08:03 PM
That's big for Villanova. Wright used to get them to at least the Sweet 16 every year, and he had one previous Final 4, but they've had a number of first weekend knockouts in a row. A second F4 for Wright does wonders for his reputation.

On the flip side, Self has a Championship and another runner-up finish, but has anybody lost more games as a favored seed in the Tourney than he has? Doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

MJ777
03-26-2016, 08:08 PM
That's big for Villanova. Wright used to get them to at least the Sweet 16 every year, and he had one previous Final 4, but they've had a number of first weekend knockouts in a row. A second F4 for Wright does wonders for his reputation.

On the flip side, Self has a Championship and another runner-up finish, but has anybody lost more games as a favored seed in the Tourney than he has? Doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

Phognet or whatever they call their board will make this board from last night look like a Sunshine Convention.

seacatfan
03-26-2016, 08:10 PM
Phognet or whatever they call their board will make this board from last night look like a Sunshine Convention.

No doubt. I thought most people were fairly philosophical about the Zags loss last night. KU was the odds on favorite going into the Tourney. They'll be in full on meltdown mode.

Zags11
03-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Villanovan broke that press.

ballerstatus
03-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Nova runs flawless out of bounds plays for the full court and half court sets. Best I've seen in the tournament.

CDC84
03-27-2016, 12:04 AM
Glad that Jay Wright got the monkey off his back. He has been unfairly criticized in recent years for not getting his teams to go deep in March despite getting high seeds. Well, this is now his second final 4. What people often don't understand is that Nova doesn't recruit at an elite level. This team probably doesn't have a single NBA player on it. I don't believe that last year's number one seeded team had a NBA player on it either. I mean, they get really good, tough-minded skilled players, but they don't recruit anywhere near Kansas' level.

I would love to see Gonzaga schedule a home and home series with Villanova one day.

gueastcoast
03-27-2016, 05:16 AM
Glad that Jay Wright got the monkey off his back. He has been unfairly criticized in recent years for not getting his teams to go deep in March despite getting high seeds. Well, this is now his second final 4. What people often don't understand is that Nova doesn't recruit at an elite level. This team probably doesn't have a single NBA player on it. I don't believe that last year's number one seeded team had a NBA player on it either. I mean, they get really good, tough-minded skilled players, but they don't recruit anywhere near Kansas' level.

I would love to see Gonzaga schedule a home and home series with Villanova one day.

Was thinking the same as I watched the game last night. Love how Nova plays, "team" ball at its finest.

jazzdelmar
03-27-2016, 05:55 AM
Nova has 4 in nba now. Kansas 19.

cbbfanatic
03-27-2016, 06:53 AM

There are at least 2 NBA players on that roster, probably 3. They recruit better than you think. Mostly solid 4 star players with some 5s sprinkled in.

Certainly not uk, ku, unc, Duke etc, but in that next tier