PDA

View Full Version : Across the lines of battle and trash talk, it needs to be said

SyracuseJay
03-25-2016, 10:59 PM
Great game and your team is very impressive.

Many of us at our NY gamewatch were extremely intimidated and shocked by the skill and tenacity of your bigs. Both Sabonis and Wiltjer. That would be, at worst, a top 3 ACC big tandem. Probably the best. I understand the officiating was terrible and we got lucky in some respects (missing that wide open G on the inbounds play...hand of god stuff right there).

Conversely, your guards were very unimpressive. If your bigs are top 1 compared to the ACC, your guards would easily place dead last. Unimpressive.

Good game. Hold your heads high. I will be pulling for you all next year. We were coachless for a large swath of the year but we knew if we made it in that coach JB would have us ready. Few almost called our bluff though.

Go Cuse! Go Zags!

Zags11
03-25-2016, 11:13 PM

Many of us at our NY gamewatch were extremely intimidated and shocked by the skill and tenacity of your bigs. Both Sabonis and Wiltjer. That would be, at worst, a top 3 ACC big tandem. Probably the best. I understand the officiating was terrible and we got lucky in some respects (missing that wide open G on the inbounds play...hand of god stuff right there).

Conversely, your guards were very unimpressive. If your bigs are top 1 compared to the ACC, your guards would easily place dead last. Unimpressive.

Good game. Hold your heads high. I will be pulling for you all next year. We were coachless for a large swath of the year but we knew if we made it in that coach JB would have us ready. Few almost called our bluff though.

Go Cuse! Go Zags!

Our backcourt is young. They will be just fine. Your #23 has the push off technique and carrying technique down pat.

I was unimpressed by your squad. Your coach is elite.

demian
03-25-2016, 11:21 PM
Great post and thank you. Our guards to there credit have played GREAT in the last month. So proud of them for turning the corner over the last month. Tonight was bad from the guards but I love the effort and heart and fight. Syracuse had a lot to do with why our guards struggled in my opinion. This IS NOT St. Marys or BYU nor was is it Seton Hall nor Utah ( I thought Utah was gutless and wimpy and heartless and soulless when we played Utah last week). Syracuse is a different animal than what we played against the last month. That's fine and that's the way it should be in the sweet 16. I think Syracuse athletes and length etc make shooting a lot more difficult for guards and make ball handling and closing out defensive stops (which we struggled with MIGHTILY) a lot tougher. So impressed with Cooney. He was amazing with his intensity and effort. I like Syracuse hoops, and I like Boeheim. I actually even have a Syracuse T-Shirt in my closet. I DID NOT know Trevor Cooney was on the Syracuse team that made final four in 2012-2013 season and it looks like Michael Gbinije was on that team as well as a ineligible transfer season. Those two guys showed up huge tonight.

HenneZag
03-25-2016, 11:30 PM

Go Cuse! Go Zags!

I appreciated your post but was a lil annoyed by the PG comments. Our bigs have been solid all year that's no surprise. The reason we were able to make a run to get to the S16 was because our guards were playing like we thought they would. Perkins is young and has loads of talent. He had some head scratching decisions tonight in crucial parts of the game but freshman will do that, especially on this stage in a tight game. The inbound play created a domino effect for is and I believe that single miscue cost the game for us. I will give credit to your defense it was very good and a challenge for GU to exploit. But other than the defense I wasn't super impressed. With that said, you guys got the job done and move on, so good luck on Sunday.

Zags11
03-25-2016, 11:33 PM
I appreciated your post but was a lil annoyed by the PG comments. Our bigs have been solid all year that's no surprise. The reason we were able to make a run to get to the S16 was because our guards were playing like we thought they would. Perkins is young and has loads of talent. He had some head scratching decisions tonight in crucial parts of the game but freshman will do that, especially on this stage in a tight game. The inbound play created a domino effect for is and I believe that single miscue cost the game for us. I will give credit to your defense it was very good and a challenge for GU to exploit. But other than the defense I wasn't super impressed. With that said, you guys got the job done and move on, so good luck on Sunday.

This was a fun ride. Perkins looked completely devastated.

Zagceo
03-25-2016, 11:35 PM

Go Cuse! Go Zags!

sorry don't care about your opinions.....your fan base in general are ACC trash......go celebrate with them.

I would never think of posting crap like this after a victory like that.

Go away

gonzagafan62
03-26-2016, 12:04 AM
Wow very classless post by you Jay. I was actually starting to think you had class till the guard comments. Don't really give a rats behind what your opinions of our guards are. Dead last? BS! Go away dude. If the committee actually have the tournament spots to the best teams, your team would've have made it in.

Go away

sylean
03-26-2016, 12:08 AM
I'll tell you who was really impressive and did their job just as planned.....your refs.....boy, they got it down pat....hope Virginia and Tony Bennet whips you good......

MDABE80
03-26-2016, 02:24 AM
Sometimes I wonder why people say things at all. Our bigs hit 60% while the guards shot 26%. So in that regard, Jay's correct. They regressed under press the gameure. Zags won every category against Syracuse. But we lost the game. The guards came an awful long way during the season. They'll be better next year. This experience always helps. The team's been under pressure from the beginning. 17 to's didn't help. Lots of to's from everyone not just the guards. I hate the season to end with a defeat. We have good kids. I'm going to miss Dranginis who improved greatly....as did emac.
We lost a game.
Looking forward to the next season already.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
03-26-2016, 06:00 AM
sorry don't care about your opinions.....your fan base in general are ACC trash......go celebrate with them.

I would never think of posting crap like this after a victory like that.

Go away

Would you expect anything different from a Syracuse fan??? One of the most despicable fan bases in the country. JMHO

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
03-26-2016, 06:07 AM

Go Cuse! Go Zags!

Sure the Boston College guards are better than ours? Eli Cater was a 27% 3pt shooter with 107 TO's and 125 assts and he can't guard a chair. Plus that team sucked in every way. You don't even know your own conference! Come back and see us when you get some FACTS!

thespywhozaggedme
03-26-2016, 06:56 AM
Our backcourt is young. They will be just fine. Your #23 has the push off technique and carrying technique down pat.

I was unimpressed by your squad. Your coach is elite.
Dranginis and EMac were seniors

ZAGLAWQB
03-26-2016, 07:34 AM
UVA beats suspended coach team so badly, the game is off the board.

demian
03-26-2016, 09:24 AM

Yeah I just never understood this notion ALL season long that our guards were YOUNG. We had two FIFTH YEAR SENIORS out of our three starting guards, how can that be considered a YOUNG backcourt. That would be what most teams would want isn't it to have two starting guards who are like 23 years old, that's a good situation to me.

gonzagafan62
03-26-2016, 09:37 AM
Yeah I just never understood this notion ALL season long that our guards were YOUNG. We had two FIFTH YEAR SENIORS out of our three starting guards, how can that be considered a YOUNG backcourt. That would be what most teams would want isn't it to have two starting guards who are like 23 years old, that's a good situation to me.

It's considered young because ironically Melson and Perkins were freshman and sophomore and both were on teams for Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen.

What's cool now is that we add NWG to this backcourt and that'll help immensely. eMac and Draino were great and they took us as far as we could go this year. So proud of them.

Perkins and Melson are quickly gaining lots of big time expirience, huh?

demian
03-26-2016, 09:45 AM
It's considered young because ironically Melson and Perkins were freshman and sophomore and both were on teams for Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen.

What's cool now is that we add NWG to this backcourt and that'll help immensely. eMac and Draino were great and they took us as far as we could go this year. So proud of them.

Perkins and Melson are quickly gaining lots of big time expirience, huh?

Completely agree with everything you said. Mcclelan and dranginess had great finishes to this season. So proud of them. Melson and Perkins REALLY improved over the last month also, we are in good hands. Last night was tough for all of us but we are real close in my opinion, closer than I have ever felt. Next year may or may not produce what this season did or 2014-2015 season did but the gap is closing between us and the freaky athletic elite teams. I really like where we are at as a program. Thanks BIG TIME to these guards who saved our season and of course BIG TIME shout out to Wiltjer and Sabonis for being some of the toughest players mentally (and in Sabonis case physically) we have ever had.

Zags11
03-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Sometimes I wonder why people say things at all. Our bigs hit 60% while the guards shot 26%. So in that regard, Jay's correct. They regressed under press the gameure. Zags won every category against Syracuse. But we lost the game. The guards came an awful long way during the season. They'll be better next year. This experience always helps. The team's been under pressure from the beginning. 17 to's didn't help. Lots of to's from everyone not just the guards. I hate the season to end with a defeat. We have good kids. I'm going to miss Dranginis who improved greatly....as did emac.
We lost a game.
Looking forward to the next season already.

Perkins would be dead last shooting over 40% from 3 in the acc? I doubt that. They had a bad night and they are young and I'm talking melson and Perkins.

So he isn't right. For that game? Yes.

Zags11
03-26-2016, 10:55 AM

I meant melson, and Perkins. Sorry for not clarifying.

Zags11
03-26-2016, 10:56 AM

Yep. Perkins who ran the team basically is a freshman. Melson who was 6th man was a sophomore. They will learn and be just fine.

rennis
03-26-2016, 11:11 AM
Thanks for complimenting the whole team. In the same vein, your team would maybe finish 4th in the WCC without Gbenijei.

hey-o!

demian
03-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Yep. Perkins who ran the team basically is a freshman. Melson who was 6th man was a sophomore. They will learn and be just fine.

Totally agree with you on this = THEY WILL BE JUST FINE. GREAT SEASON BY BOTH OF THEM