PDA

View Full Version : DFW Viewing Party

TexasZagFan
03-25-2016, 10:18 AM
Ok, decision's been made...

I'm taking my brood up to 54th Street in Irving (Valley Ranch). Judging by the early games, I don't think there are that many alumni from those teams sufficient to crowd us out. Planning on arriving at 7:30.

http://www.54thstreetgrill.com/dallas-restaurant-locations.html

Easy to get to, it's just off I-635W and MacArthur/Olympus.

https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,DMs28ERMmjTSvF25OFsu-sWyIDVYUXyULPH4AB5Mi3eFUQgAxggyRGH-JaM4nSlMpmdiM_rESAb6qPSycOAZ7JW7KAt0sFz34uyaPILjNu HExy0fGdjZhzRsuYjA7CM

We'll be easy to spot, adorned in our Zag apparel.

scott257
03-25-2016, 03:58 PM
Would join you but my wife and I are finally relaxing after having our roof replaced. We had some damage during the week of the WCC tournament while we were in Las Vegas. Thanks to our observant neighbors we didn't end up with any water damage inside the house. Anyway, the roofers finished cleanup and left at around 2:00 this afternoon. Maybe we should make a plan for the next game on Sunday (although Easter may conflict).

TexasZagFan
03-25-2016, 05:06 PM
Sorry, venue changed to Twin Peaks, a couple of blocks east

Birddog
03-25-2016, 05:30 PM
Sorry, venue changed to Twin Peaks, a couple of blocks east
Around here we call that joint "T!Ts and Tats".

TexasZagFan
03-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Around here we call that joint "T!Ts and Tats".

BD, I thought every woman that worked there was extremely wholesome and healthy. I was just glad to find a place with a table. Good selection of draft beers, food was pretty good, too.

sittingon50
03-28-2016, 01:30 PM
How was the Zag turnout, TZF?

TexasZagFan
03-29-2016, 05:17 AM
How was the Zag turnout, TZF?

It was the six of us: my wife, 3 kids, and grandson (whose favorite player is Sabonis). We had a great time, except for the ending of the game. Grandson cried, 14 YO son was angry at the refs, nothing unusual. I know where all of THAT came from...lol.

My wife should not be surprised, she's known about my "passion" since the first game she went to. UTEP-NMSU in Las Cruces...rivalry game. Midway through the second half, from my perch with the UTEP fans in the corner, I noticed something awry. The Aggies had six men on the court, and I jumped up and hollered "they've got SIX men on the court" a couple of times. My GF is tugging on my arm, saying "what's wrong with you?" lol

In the space of ten seconds, the UTEP fans go crazy, Haskins goes wild, the NMSU coach walks on the court to pull the nearest player off the court, and no technical is called. UTEP wins a close one, and I bought season tickets for the following five seasons (until marriage and kids came into my life).

So the antics of my children and grandson are on me. LOL, but I calmed them down, and reminded them to "hold their heads high, that's the Zag way."

Birddog
03-29-2016, 05:34 AM
BD, I thought every woman that worked there was extremely wholesome and healthy. I was just glad to find a place with a table. Good selection of draft beers, food was pretty good, too.

Not the case at our local franchise. It appeared as though a requirement for hire was plenty of ink. The food was barely adequate.

TexasZagFan
03-29-2016, 06:35 AM
Not the case at our local franchise. It appeared as though a requirement for hire was plenty of ink. The food was barely adequate.

Hard to compare franchises in different cities. Ours has been open less than a year, lot of competition in our area. Within a several block area, there's Boston's, BWW, 54th Street, Razzoo's, Chile's, On the Border, plus a half dozen fast food franchises...Sonic, Whataburger, etc.

When we moved here 19 years ago, it was all undeveloped land. We're in the midst of a development boom as a dozen office buildings are in varying stages of completion. Traffic is going to be a mess within a few months. Only bright side I can think of is I'll have no problem selling my house in the next two years. I'm also polishing my resume for a job close to home.