PDA

View Full Version : Believe III

Reborn
03-24-2016, 07:39 AM
My faith in Gonzaga has been strong every day this week.

I watched the games against Seton Hall and Utah again yesterday to get a good look at how the Zags played. They played awesome. That's the truth. Seton Hall was tough, very tough. They pounded the Zags hard on the inside. Yet our bigs held up, and became even stronger as the game wore on. I really don't think there will be a tougher team, physically, than Seton Hall, and it has prepared the Zags well to go up against Syracuse tomorrow night. Utah is also known for very tough defense but Gonzaga handled them even better than they did Seton Hall. The announcer said that Utah held opponents to 41% shooting this year, and Gonzaga shot just about 60%. Gonzaga looked really good against Utah, and turned the ball over only 6 times. By the time the Utah game was over both announcers firmly stated that the Zags not only play good offense (which Gonzaga is known for) but play really good defense. After the Utah game, I think it was either Charles Barkley or Kenny Smith said that both Seton Hall and Utah seemed surprised at how big Gonzaga is. He then went on to say that the Zags are not only big but they can move. They're fast and quick, he said. I loved that analysis. He did leave out one word, tough. And I'm glad in a way that pundants still will not give this Zag team credit for how tough they truly are.

Gonzaga has been playing great. YES, GREAT. They seem to have found that fire inside of them and it's burning red hot. They are playing with a confidence that they have not shown until recently. They ARE peaking at just the right time. There is concern and even some fear that Gonzaga may not be able to beat Jim B. It's understandable why these feelings exist in Zag Nation. But that's where faith comes in. Faith will overcome fear every time. This is Mark Few's year. Jim B will have his boys ready, but they really don't know how tough, talented,quick and fast Gonzaga is. They too will be surprised. They have no idea how good Sabonis is, nor how tough he is. Their bigs will have even less luck against him than Seton Hall's or Utah's did. Utah's center was supposed to be one of the best centers in the country and especially on defense. Sabonis destroyed him early on. It was no match at all. And I also believe they do not know how good Wiltjer is. He is so much more than a 3 pt shooter. They know that. But they don't know how many moves he has, nor how good of a passer he is. Gonzaga can be an excellent passing team, and they DO KNOW how to get the ball inside to post players, and that is supposed to be the key to demolishing that famous 2-3 zone. I don't think there's a team in America that gets the ball inside to the posts as much as Gonzaga does. That will be the punch that knocks Syracuse out.

It is written in the Bible that faith without works is dead. It is also known that true faith produces great works. Let that sink in.

Go Zags!!!

stevet75
03-24-2016, 07:40 AM
I'm a believer!

Zagger
03-24-2016, 07:47 AM
Amen! And I'm a Heathen :)
Go Zags!

Reborn
03-24-2016, 07:54 AM
I have been sadly missing so many of our long time posters here, and I wish and hope they will come here to join us in getting behind the Zags here in this wonderful Zag Fandome. It seems like so many have decided to just not participate like they once did. I hope they come back. I miss their wisdom. We have celebrated great victories together, and suffered through many defeats. We have fought with each other and we have often agreed. Our Love for the Zags was always there. Please come back and let's stand together as GUBoard fans and get behind our Zags and celebrate a great victory tomorrow night.

Guys like Sili, Go Zags, Doc, Mick Mick, Birddog, Bocco, and especially BobZag. I think I am safe when I say, BZ we all miss you. You started this and I truly hope you come on back for this ride and stand with us, your friends. Sure I've disagreed with you and many others, and even fought with you. But that's me, and that's how I love. I fought with my brothers all the time, but we had the deepest love I've ever had. Some people, like me, are just raised on fighting. And disagreeing, and challenging each other. I often think that it's perhaps the Catholic way. Odd it seems. I know I'm leaving someone out. I have to check.

Go Zags!!!

Coach Crazy
03-24-2016, 08:21 AM
I have been sadly missing so many of our long time posters here, and I wish and hope they will come here to join us in getting behind the Zags here in this wonderful Zag Fandome. It seems like so many have decided to just not participate like they once did. I hope they come back. I miss their wisdom. We have celebrated great victories together, and suffered through many defeats. We have fought with each other and we have often agreed. Our Love for the Zags was always there. Please come back and let's stand together as GUBoard fans and get behind our Zags and celebrate a great victory tomorrow night.

Guys like Sili, Go Zags, Doc, Mick Mick, Birddog, Bocco, and especially BobZag. I think I am safe when I say, BZ we all miss you. You started this and I truly hope you come on back for this ride and stand with us, your friends. Sure I've disagreed with you and many others, and even fought with you. But that's me, and that's how I love. I fought with my brothers all the time, but we had the deepest love I've ever had. Some people, like me, are just raised on fighting. And disagreeing, and challenging each other. I often think that it's perhaps the Catholic way. Odd it seems. I know I'm leaving someone out. I have to check.

Go Zags!!!

I have definitely attempted to adjust my approach. I think it is good for GU Boards to have a certain element of challenge and disagreement. The key is to do it in a way that doesn't foster contention and enmity. Obviously, none of us are perfect and are going to need to readjust our approach from time to time, when necessary.

Having said all that, for as much of a growing year as it was for the team, it was a growing year for the board.

GoZags
03-24-2016, 08:41 AM

Go Zags!!!

Sorry Reborn .... I went back and it DOES look like I'm only averaging about a post a day. http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/search.php?searchid=891216

I've truly cherished this group of Zags ... and loved how HBO was able to document the turnaround.

I've missed traveling to the games this year, and I am truly feeling better after the heart attack and another health issue/hospitalization that'd been keeping me out of action. Best possible outcomes on both fronts ... and I'm able to really appreciate what's important.

Go Zags .... Beat Syracuse.

sittingon50
03-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Good news GZ.

DixieZag
03-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Sorry Reborn .... I went back and it DOES look like I'm only averaging about a post a day. http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/search.php?searchid=891216

I've truly cherished this group of Zags ... and loved how HBO was able to document the turnaround.

I've missed traveling to the games this year, and I am truly feeling better after the heart attack and another health issue/hospitalization that'd been keeping me out of action. Best possible outcomes on both fronts ... and I'm able to really appreciate what's important.

Go Zags .... Beat Syracuse.

Glad to hear it. Nothing would be more heart warming than 2 victories this weekend. But, can't win two without winning the one. I believe.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-Lh_ixu1o-2ZGaHvE3Lxw-Pm_jYuIpmRg2W638l9lPj3HOa3m

Reborn
03-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Thanks GoZags. I really appreciate hearing from you. And I'm REALLY glad you're feeling better.

Go Zags!!!

Zags11
03-24-2016, 04:18 PM
Yes I miss the old timers as well! I believe and believe we win Friday. :)