PDA

View Full Version : GU ranked #2 in likability

Zag 77
03-23-2016, 03:37 PM
of the 16 remaining teams, GU is ranked #2 for likability. Syracuse is #16. Oklahoma is #1.

2. Gonzaga

This year's 11th-seeded 'Zags have taken us on a trip down memory lane, to a time in the late '90s and early 2000s when Gonzaga was still a plucky upstart, not a top 15 fixture. Wouldn't it be something if a team that tied for the second-lowest seed of coach Mark Few's 17 straight tourney appearances is the one that delivers a thus-far elusive Final Four trip? And wouldn't it be something if former Kentucky transfer Kyle Wiltjer gets there while his former school watches on TV?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/how-likeable-are-the-sweet-16-teams-a-very-serious-ranking/ar-BBqPvZx?li=BBnba9I#page=4

Jstock12
03-23-2016, 03:44 PM
Wait, does this mean Gonzaga is America's team after all?

23dpg
03-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Oklahoma #1 with Buddy Hield. I can buy that.

gonstu
03-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Media really grasping for article ideas at this point. I saw one that ranked the uniforms left in the tournament. :confused:

I think that means it's time to play the games.

Jstock12
03-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Media really grasping for article ideas at this point. I saw one that ranked the uniforms left in the tournament. :confused:

They need an article ranking every team's cheerleaders from most beautiful to ugliest. Now that's an idea for an article.

Hoopaholic
03-23-2016, 04:02 PM
They need an article ranking every team's cheerleaders from most beautiful to ugliest. Now that's an idea for an article.

With photo attachments and a voting system

gonstu
03-23-2016, 04:07 PM

start your research jstock . i'm sure bleacher report will have some room for it.

zag buddy
03-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Ir wouldn't be fair because some schools elect their cheerleaders by weight.

DixieZag
03-23-2016, 05:38 PM
I can't tell which is cooler, whether it's we're number 2 out of 16, or the fact that Syracuse is 16 out of 16 - and it didn't seem to be a difficult choice, either. :)

Zagsker
03-23-2016, 06:17 PM

Being a uni conosseaur, I liked that article

ProVeeZag
03-23-2016, 06:48 PM
Ir wouldn't be fair because some schools elect their cheerleaders by weight.

Let's leave St Mary's out of this!

sittingon50
03-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Let's leave St Mary's out of this!

I (REALLY) know I shouldn't.......................so I won't.:cool:

Reborn
03-23-2016, 09:31 PM
For some reason this team really does seem like the '99 team in some ways, especially in that they're a big surprise. However, I have heard nothing about them on ESPN. Not like that in '99. Yet this year we're the only mid major still playing.

GrizZAG
03-23-2016, 09:52 PM
For some reason this team really does seem like the '99 team in some ways, especially in that they're a big surprise. However, I have heard nothing about them on ESPN. Not like that in '99. Yet this year we're the only mid major still playing.

I noticed that too. I think the sports world perhaps oversold the Zags in past years as if they hoped they would deliver. This year they seem almost the opposite (with the exception of Bonus hype) for perhaps historic good reason. Should we get to the 8 the story will be good and a final four it explodes.

Cusefan
03-24-2016, 04:55 AM

Well, yes and no. I'd say that Gonzaga and Syracuse have one thing in common in that our seasons weren't great and there was some doubt that either team would end up in the tournament (until you guys won your conference tx). But now that you are in the tournament, no one doubts that you can make a run or beat anyone on any given night. The Zag's have been a mainstay in the tournament for the past decade after all. You're no longer considered a "mid-major team", you just happen to play in a mid-major conference.