PDA

View Full Version : The best part of BYU football independence is being in the WCC for other sports.

Coug
03-21-2016, 12:28 AM
Utah's Kryskowiak said it best, "The better team won!" Good luck this week and let's hope GU makes it to the final four.

On a smaller stage, let's hope my Cougs and St Mary's each win their next NIT game. That will put them in an NIT final four match against each other where my Cougs are anxious to kick some St Mary's butt.

Although I am a BYU Coug first, I have been a fan of Gonzaga since the John Stockton days. The best part of football independence is being in the WCC.

I have worn my Gonzaga gear to a couple St Mary's v GU games. Now I can even more proudly wear my Zag gear in Salt Lake City and Provo.

soccerdud
03-21-2016, 12:35 AM
Utah's Kryskowiak said it best, "The better team won!" Good luck this week and let's hope GU makes it to the final four.

On a smaller stage, let's hope my Cougs and St Mary's each win their next NIT game. That will put them in an NIT final four match against each other where my Cougs are anxious to kick some St Mary's butt.

Although I am a BYU Coug first, I have been a fan of Gonzaga since the John Stockton days. The best part of football independence is being in the WCC.

I have worn my Gonzaga gear to a couple St Mary's v GU games. Now I can even more proudly wear my Zag gear in Salt Lake City and Provo.

thanks and good luck. definitely hoping to see you and smc go one more round.

GPGUgrad
03-21-2016, 01:38 AM
Welcome,

Nice first post.

Looking forward watching you guy's game also.

And, I hope we ALL Advance!

We need the WCC to get stronger!

ZagaZags
03-21-2016, 01:39 AM
Welcome,

Nice first post.

Yes, I hope we ALL Advance!

+1

GPGUgrad
03-21-2016, 01:42 AM
+1

ZZ,

Can I also +1 that again?

I am so happy our guys fought hard and
beat a good Seton Hall team and what happened to that Utah team?
I was fearing their big guy, until, Sabonis handled him!

Go Zags!

Sweet 16 and then…...

ZagaZags
03-21-2016, 02:00 AM
ZZ,

Can I also +1 that again?

I am so happy our guys fought hard and
beat a good Seton Hall team and what happened to that Utah team?
I was fearing their big guy, until, Sabonis handled him!

Go Zags!

Sweet 16 and then…...

+2 :cheers:

rawkmandale
03-21-2016, 02:17 AM

Frankly, if BYU and St. Mary's are to meet in the NIT (and I do hope that happens), I will not take sides. May the best team that night win, and then take the whole shootin' match

Coug
03-21-2016, 07:16 AM
team take the NIT. GU was the only WCC team that had any chance for an NCAA at large bid, but of course they never need it. We need the rest of us to kick it into gear and become a 3 or 4 NCAA bid league.

Zag365
03-21-2016, 09:44 AM
Having BYU in the WCC is definitely an asset. We're lucky that their need to go independent in football because they couldn't find a better deal with a conference happened. They are a religious-based school. Strong academics to go with strong athletic programs. Located close enough to WCC markets for media coverage and ease of travel.