PDA

View Full Version : Play of the game.

jazzdelmar
03-20-2016, 06:26 AM
Utah mounting slight second half comeback, KW drives length of the court and sort of slides in a layup, staving off the Utes.

Zag4Hire
03-20-2016, 06:33 AM
Valid. I circled it at about midway through 1st half, when Utes cut the lead to 2 (hard to imagine now) and KW had a nice dime to a cutting Melson to put them up 4. The following play was one of many defensive stops and Seek N Destroy's 3 ball. I had a hard time seeing Utah being able to keep up and Zags looked on fire and in rhythm. Even when there were times where they were forcing the issue, I liked it because it showed they were going for the knockout and trying to drain the clock.

cjm720
03-20-2016, 07:21 AM
So many to choose from. I liked Melsons full court block (is that a new term?).

Jstock12
03-20-2016, 07:25 AM
Really enjoyed that steal by Melson (?) that ended up by McClellan's driving and making reverse layup in transition. Then I instantly thought of that Utes poster who said our guards are unathletic. LOL. Also, I liked the posession where Domas had 2 offensive boards - first he tapped the rebound back to his teammates since he knew he wouldn't be able to get the rebound with two hands. And then he cleaned up after someone's miss and made a putback layup.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-20-2016, 07:31 AM
McClellan knocking down jump shot to end the first half and send Utes into the locker room thinking "this team is not going to let us back in the game"

mgadfly
03-20-2016, 08:07 AM
Utah came out of the half determined to get their offense going through their big man. Domonster bodied him on the first post touch playing great D without fouling. The shot barely made it to the rim. Not a highlight reel type of play but it sent notice that Poetlt wasn't going to be able to out muscle us in the second half. I think we scored the next seven points and the game was over.

Jstock12
03-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Utah came out of the half determined to get their offense going through their big man. Domonster bodied him on the first post touch playing great D without fouling. The shot barely made it to the rim. Not a highlight reel type of play but it sent notice that Poetlt wasn't going to be able to out muscle us in the second half. I think we scored the next seven points and the game was over.

Dontmiss
Dominator
Domonster
Seek & Destroy

Any others that I forget?

zagamatic
03-20-2016, 08:30 AM
I posted this on another thread, but that one Utah possession where they made all the right passes just to find a Zags defender in their face and still couldn't get up a good shot. The way that the guys rotated and stepped up their D to another level really broke the back of Utah

roxdoc
03-20-2016, 08:34 AM
I mentioned that too. That defensive stop was just textbook.

23dpg
03-20-2016, 09:08 AM
I posted this on another thread, but that one Utah possession where they made all the right passes just to find a Zags defender in their face and still couldn't get up a good shot. The way that the guys rotated and stepped up their D to another level really broke the back of Utah

This.

Zags D is so good lately. Underrated by some.
The announcing crew in the first game missed it but not last nights crew.

bballbeachbum
03-20-2016, 09:38 AM
so many plays. I'll go with Domas' D to end the first half and start the second when Utah was desperatly trying to put a second foul on him and he deftly avoided all of that while Utah tossed up some bricks

MickMick
03-20-2016, 09:47 AM

I agree. This single possession sums up the entire tournament so far.

BULLDOG#1
03-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Sabonis finding Emac on the back cut for the sweet reverse layup. Backbreaker.

rennis
03-20-2016, 10:02 AM
So many to choose from. I liked Melsons full court block (is that a new term?).

I'd second that. And emacs jumper to end the first half

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

john montana
03-20-2016, 10:14 AM
So many plays. I started clapping like an idiot on that second half defensive stop...that will be highlighted by a LOT of teams as a how to guide. I am with jazz though...that full court drive by kW was key. He just held the guy off and strolled right in...awesome.

EEzag
03-20-2016, 10:47 AM
So many plays. I started clapping like an idiot on that second half defensive stop...that will be highlighted by a LOT of teams as a how to guide. I am with jazz though...that full court drive by kW was key. He just held the guy off and strolled right in...awesome.

When Poeltl looked like a defeated Ivan drago......oh wait that was almost all game......my bad.......

Birddog
03-20-2016, 11:20 AM
This.

Zags D is so good lately. Underrated by some.
The announcing crew in the first game missed it but not last nights crew.

I'm pretty sure it was the same crew. They just got away from their script from the SH game.............because they had to. The Utes were posterized as was SH, and in a way, Lappas and his cohort were posterized in that 1st game too.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-20-2016, 12:08 PM

I thought that was the biggest play on a night with many great plays.

23dpg
03-20-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm not near tech savvy enough but that play would make a great GIF

Mantua
03-20-2016, 12:24 PM

That was a jewel. I know it's been talked about in another thread, but I can't get over the thrill of watching that set among so many plays that have me reeling with joy. The overall commitment to defense is what stands out the most to me. I think Few was talking about the ability to defend well last fall when he described this group's high ceiling.

Is Mike Hart involved with coaching the D?

MDABE80
03-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Solid ball. Best in a long time. BUT this team, g these games with very focused defense. Zagamatic points out just one example. Kids are playing like demons on defense, Dranginis is doing things not measured andd not seen in the boxscore ( although many are) but his play is so disruptive. His rebounding is amazing.

titopoet
03-20-2016, 12:56 PM

What I like is when asked about it at the news conference, Sabonis said he couldn't even remember the play. In other words he is always think the next play.

billyberu
03-20-2016, 02:52 PM
If anyone has the game recorded start watching this sequence around the 10:30 minute mark of the 2nd half. That was an exceptionally executed defensive stop. In a crowded field of great plays last night that one defensive stop stands out as the best.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk