PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU/Utah

Section 116
03-19-2016, 08:03 PM
GU leads for 37 minutes and heads to the Sweet 16 for the second year in a row and the 8th time in school history. When it was 24-23 the Zags went on a 56-32 run (if I got my numbers right) to put the game away. Beach gets his first field goal of the season at the end of the game.

Wiltjer:I'm so proud of the guys, we came out ready to go and we paid attention the scouting report, it was one of our better games, we were locked in defensively. We just played hard. It's a great feeling to go the Sweet 16, step one is over. What Sabonis does on the court is just amazing.

Eric: First off, our bigs demand so much attention, it just opens things up for the guards. We just stayed aggressive. It's a blessing to go this far. I learned a lot last year watching Pangos and BWes.

This seven game win streak for the Zags every time a team made a run GU had an answer. Bulldogs took an 11 point lead at about the 16 minute mark of the first half in this game and the lead was never smaller the rest of the game. Bulldogs will play Friday in Chicago after a dominating win. McClellan 22, Sabonis 19, Wiltjer 17 Perkins 10 as they shoot 55.7% and 47% from three. Interstingly the Zags had only 6 free throw attempts and made 5. The Zags held Utah 42% shooting and frankly Poertl was not a factor as he had 5 points and 4 rebounds.

What a night for the Bulldogs in Denver as they lead for the final 37 minutes. Utah could not even get any decent three point shots up and they are pretty good from there. GU wins the boards 34-24!

Michaelson: The best we played up 30 with 3:48 left when we emptied the bench. I did not see this coming. Only 4 off. rebounds for Utah, you can just go right down the line, every stat we excelled. What can you say about Domas, Poertl is gonna be a lottery pick and he scored one basket on Domas. We hit darn near every coverage, on one days prep that is just unheard of. Melson was incredible. IN the second half we got to the rim, after really lighting it up from three in the first half. A three, a drive, a post move we were just fantastic tonight. The three guys we could not give up three's to we just shut down. Kuzma who is not a three point guy was the guy who made the threes tonight. Loveridge and Taylor were the guys we were worried about and I think they only had one three that even went in. Michaelson said there were only 3 or 4 missed defensive assginments in the whole game. Last years group it was almost expected we would got to the Sweet 16 and maybe more. This year is just so special we came in as in 11 seeds and the growth of this team month by month. The UCLA, AZ Montana week to where we are. That SMC game here was probably our worst game of the year and now look where we are.

Hudson: One of the impressive things about tonight was there was never an opportunity for Utah to come back. GU had an answer every time Utah made any attempt at a run. The lead grew to 30 as Domas went for another double, double. This was just complete domination here tonight. Utah got a few extra buckets at the end to get in under 30 but I don't know if a three seed has ever been down by 30, certainly not to GU. Dranginnis 7 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists. Santangelo said everything Kyle D does is important and he always seems to make the important play at just the right time. Both teams turned the ball over 20 times Thursday night but tonight GU had only 9 turnovers to 14 for Utah. Happy reading Zag fans. I'll get at least one more shot at post game radio on Friday. Can't wait!

bballbeachbum
03-19-2016, 08:08 PM
awesome awesome awesome!

U Zig, I Zag
03-19-2016, 08:10 PM
Thanks!!

CdAZagFan
03-19-2016, 08:30 PM
Appreciate it!

SWZag
03-19-2016, 08:32 PM
My thoughts during the game. "Hudson: One of the impressive things about tonight was there was never an opportunity for Utah to come back."

ZagMan in Philly
03-19-2016, 08:38 PM
Domination!
Thanks.

Zagger
03-19-2016, 08:38 PM
You rock 116! Thanks for the radio recap once again!
Go Zags! Sweet 16!

JPtheBeasta
03-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Excellent post game radio!

Zagdawg
03-19-2016, 09:33 PM
Zag Nation Retweeted
Kerry Keating ‏@kerrykeating3 2h2 hours ago
Congrats to coach Few, my guy Donny Daniels and the team. Good luck next week! Tourney has been fun to watch so far...

strikenowhere
03-19-2016, 10:40 PM
My thoughts during the game. "Hudson: One of the impressive things about tonight was there was never an opportunity for Utah to come back."

Zags punched them in the mouth and then stepped on their throats no other way around it!

SWZag
03-19-2016, 10:43 PM
Zag Nation Retweeted
Kerry Keating ‏@kerrykeating3 2h2 hours ago
Congrats to coach Few, my guy Donny Daniels and the team. Good luck next week! Tourney has been fun to watch so far...

Thanks for posting! Nice words from Kerry.

Ekrub
03-19-2016, 10:56 PM
Thanks for posting! Nice words from Kerry.

He was tweeting about the Zags and domas all night