PDA

View Full Version : wow!

seacatfan
03-19-2016, 07:41 PM
I am stunned by this performance. Maybe the best game by the Zags in the Tournament so far. If not, it's gotta be close. Utah was battling and hanging around, it was 29-25...and then it was all Zags the rest of the way. Just totally dominated. It was mostly Sabonis and Wiltjer early, but then McClellan and the rest of the guards took over. What a performance!

edited to add--That first part might be confusing. I meant best performance by the Zags in a Tourney game all time, not just this year's.

CdAZagFan
03-19-2016, 07:46 PM
So nice to see a great game on both sides of the ball - and a strong finish (not watching a large lead wilt down the stretch). I thought they played fantastic the last two games of the WCC tourney, and then I thought they were a little tight last game, but this game was the best I've seen in a long time.

ZagMan in Philly
03-19-2016, 07:46 PM
Speechless!

23dpg
03-19-2016, 07:48 PM
Offense was a bonus but the defense has been showing up. Great game!

Birddog
03-19-2016, 07:49 PM
I have to agree Seacat, that win was IMPRESSIVE

FuManShoes
03-19-2016, 07:51 PM
Agreed that's the best the Zags have looked in a tourney game. They've had more important wins bit never more dominating against a really good team that I can remember. They North Carolina'd the Utes. I've got a ton of crow to eat on these guys.

TexasZagFan
03-19-2016, 07:53 PM
The demons have been exorcised.

gonzagafan62
03-19-2016, 07:54 PM
Halfway back to Houston

zagsfanforlife
03-19-2016, 07:56 PM
HOWWWW SWEEET IT IS HOW SWEET IT IS HOW SWEET IT IS.... IM JUST SINGING LIKE A NUT. OH YES. I AM SO HAPPY

HRZag
03-19-2016, 07:56 PM
Getting contributions from all over the court on both sides of the ball. They are for real and dangerous.

Incredible effort all around, especially from Sabonis. And he is sick?!? That IS sick.

ProVeeZag
03-19-2016, 07:57 PM
TALK ABOUT PEAKING AT THE RIGHT TIME! FRAME THIS MASTERPIECE AND HANG IT IN THE LOUVRE!

FEW AND CREW DESERVE A STANDING "O". SO PROUD OF OUR GUYS!

MBAGael
03-19-2016, 07:57 PM
Great game! Keep it up, we are rooting for you from Moraga.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-19-2016, 07:58 PM
The Cougarboard is loving this.

MJ777
03-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Great game! Keep it up, we are rooting for you from Moraga.

SMC should have gotten an invite over teams like OSU and Colorado. Good Luck to the Gaels on Sunday.

zagbeliever
03-19-2016, 08:27 PM
This game was incredible!!!!

Zagger
03-19-2016, 08:51 PM
WOW!
That performance oughta make the next opponent lose some sleep.

Rio Runner
03-19-2016, 09:16 PM
1. They beat down -- BEAT DOWN -- a pretty good team.
2. This Zags team is on a serious roll. And each game they keep getting hotter.
3. The effort and hustle have been off the charts. Really fun to watch.

Keep your foot on the gas, boys!

VinnyZag
03-19-2016, 09:19 PM
At the end I found myself thinking about how many times the Zags have been on the other end of a second round beatdown. Against BYU, Syracuse, Arizona. And ... This feels better. Much better.

zagamatic
03-19-2016, 09:29 PM
I just want to take a moment and say how incredibly cool it is to see this happening for both Dranginis and McClellan in their senior year! Both of these guys have busted their butts to get here this year when they could have easily packed it up during the tough times earlier. This is why you block out all of the outside noise and work on YOU and believe in yourself.

EEzag
03-19-2016, 09:31 PM
I just want to take a moment and say how incredibly cool it is to see this happening for both Dranginis and McClellan in their senior year! Both of these guys have busted their butts to get here this year when they could have easily packed it up during the tough times earlier. This is why you block out all of the outside noise and work on YOU and believe in yourself.

It's not over 'clap-clap- clap clap clap'

sittingon50
03-19-2016, 09:49 PM
I'm still really giddy! Just WOW!!

DixieZag
03-19-2016, 09:52 PM
It looked even more thorough and even more dominating than last year's game against Iowa, and it came against what I consider a better team, and coach K is not your average coach, making it more impressive.

Coach Krystoiak's player got an unfair question in the presser, he was asked if he felt like his team quit at any point. Not fair. They might have just been psychologically beaten down. At least in the last first half and the second half, every time they'd put a couple of baskets together - a time when other teams might start thinking a run might be coming, our guys answered with a big bucket, every time. That's not quitting, that's just not being let up for air.

Unfair question of a student. Save those questions for the pros - who do quit, all that time.

jim77
03-19-2016, 10:00 PM
TALK ABOUT PEAKING AT THE RIGHT TIME! FRAME THIS MASTERPIECE AND HANG IT IN THE LOUVRE!

FEW AND CREW DESERVE A STANDING "O". SO PROUD OF OUR GUYS!

+1000

And I was one of those guy who wrote some crap about JP......JP....GREAT JOB!

23dpg
03-19-2016, 10:01 PM
It looked even more thorough and even more dominating than last year's game against Iowa, and it came against what I consider a better team, and coach K is not your average coach, making it more impressive.

Coach Krystoiak's player got an unfair question in the presser, he was asked if he felt like his team quit at any point. Not fair. They might have just been psychologically beaten down. At least in the last first half and the second half, every time they'd put a couple of baskets together - a time when other teams might start thinking a run might be coming, our guys answered with a big bucket, every time. That's not quitting, that's just not being let up for air.

Unfair question of a student. Save those questions for the pros - who do quit, all that time.

Somebody (probably the same guy) asked Sabonis and eMac the same question. Domas deflected nicely. What an ####at of a reporter. Dumbest question since the reporter asked the Baylor kid, "how did Yale out rebound you guys", like he was personally hurt.

BBzag
03-20-2016, 01:28 AM

In all fairness, no one asked the Utah players anything about quitting - the final question was, "You guys have had some comebacks this year ... what maybe didn't materialize tonight, or why couldn't you maybe recapture some of that energy?" Seems reasonable enough to me, you're not going to get a lot of softballs when you're a high seed who gets blown out by 20-plus. Someone (not sure it was the same person) did ask Domas and McClellan whether the Utah players quit, that was stupid.

sullyzag66
03-20-2016, 05:21 AM
In all fairness, no one asked the Utah players anything about quitting - the final question was, "You guys have had some comebacks this year ... what maybe didn't materialize tonight, or why couldn't you maybe recapture some of that energy?" Seems reasonable enough to me, you're not going to get a lot of softballs when you're a high seed who gets blown out by 20-plus. Someone (not sure it was the same person) did ask Domas and McClellan whether the Utah players quit, that was stupid.

And Sabonis didn't bite.

Zaga
03-20-2016, 07:43 AM
Absolutely amazing win for this team and the program. Congratulations Zag's - you really made the sun shine for all of your fans. Thank you so much!

zagamatic
03-20-2016, 08:33 AM
It's not over 'clap-clap- clap clap clap'

This is true, very very true :-)

bballbeachbum
03-20-2016, 08:39 AM
wow
what a feeling this morning

sittingon50
03-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Sure was fun re-watching that one!

(did it with the sound on this time)

Goshzagit
03-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Sure was fun re-watching that one!

(did it with the sound on this time)

I bet!

Did you record it, or find it online somewhere?

I rewatched Seton Hall game and that was fun too! Can't believe how much faster/quicker we're playing, since, say SMU game.

Everyone has bought in. Stopped over thinking their roles and just playing.

These guys are way more talented than many give them credit for -- hence the rapid maturation and ability being displayed on national scene.

Just floored at how much quicker our decisions are, especially on offense (notice more after second viewing), and our toughness on defense.

Guys are diving, jumping, running, even shooting without a second thought.

A sight to see!

McClellan has been the fastest player on the court in both games thus far -- he must run a sub-4.4 40 -- elite speed.

Reborn
03-20-2016, 10:41 AM
I like the fact that Gonzaga Is scoring 80+ points a game now and have since the BYU game at BYU. It takes that kind of scoring to win once you get to the Sweet 16. Well. I guess we didn't get 80 against Seton Hall. Sorry

Go Zags!!!

ProVeeZag
03-20-2016, 10:49 AM
I like the fact that Gonzaga Is scoring 80+ points a game now and have since the BYU game at BYU. It takes that kind of scoring to win once you get to the Sweet 16. Well. I guess we didn't get 80 against Seton Hall. Sorry

Go Zags!!!

20 turnovers (vs Seton Hall) will tend to keep your point total down. But your point is well taken: GU's offense is clicking on ALL cylinders. When they keep the TO's down AND play lockdown defense like they did last night, they are a real handful for whoever they play, regardless of seeding. Imagine being the coach trying to gameplan the Zags after watching the tape of last night's beatdown of Utah!??!

roxdoc
03-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Reborn - I like the fact that in the last two games our opponents only scored 52 and 59, and that was with some garbage baskets thrown in to boot.