PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the UGLY WIN talk

demian
03-17-2016, 11:30 PM
GREAT WIN GONZAGA. I have seen us blow these kind of games all season long and I have definetly seen us blow these kind of games in NCAA Tourney in years past. vs Wichita State we are ahead by about 12 with 9 minutes to go in game (similar to tonight) = we blow it, vs UCLA in morrisons year we are up by a safe amount of points with 5 minutes to go (similar to tonight) = we blow it. vs Davidson played against a future NBA guard in Curry (similar to tonight with Whitehead) and we blew it. GREAT JOB GONZAG WAY TO RISE ABOVE IN A MEATGRINDER OF A GAME

MJ777
03-17-2016, 11:54 PM
GREAT WIN GONZAGA. I have seen us blow these kind of games all season long and I have definetly seen us blow these kind of games in NCAA Tourney in years past. vs Wichita State we are ahead by about 12 with 9 minutes to go in game (similar to tonight) = we blow it, vs UCLA in morrisons year we are up by a safe amount of points with 5 minutes to go (similar to tonight) = we blow it. vs Davidson played against a future NBA guard in Curry (similar to tonight with Whitehead) and we blew it. GREAT JOB GONZAG WAY TO RISE ABOVE IN A MEATGRINDER OF A GAME

I know it has been 10 years since the Morrison game, but has the moratorium been lifted on mentioning that opponent while referencing that game in 2006?

CdAZagFan
03-17-2016, 11:56 PM
The guys have certainly done a great job of turning around the problems they had early in the season of not being able to hold leads and/or win tough games. These last 2-3 weeks they have really shown some toughness in finishing.

demian
03-18-2016, 12:38 AM
I know it has been 10 years since the Morrison game, but has the moratorium been lifted on mentioning that opponent while referencing that game in 2006?

Holy Crap has it really been 10 years since Morrison was a Gonzaga player. I mean I know I am getting older and time is going fast but I had no clue it had been 10 years since that season.

jim77
03-18-2016, 01:38 AM
No such thing as an ugly win in the dance.....they are ALL sweet.

TexasZagFan
03-18-2016, 06:41 AM

That game was consigned to the dust bin of history when we beat UCLA in the Sweet Sixteen last year.

Reborn
03-18-2016, 07:23 AM
So true, Demian. There was that moment when we headed down the backstretch when Wiltjer missed a few fairly easy shots and EMAC was turning the ball over and playing like a "mad man," when I had that thought pop into my mind, "oh no. Are we going to blow this one too?" And then I suddenly let out a horrifying loud scream, "I will tell you one thing, " I screamed, "We are NOT going to lose THIS ONE!!!"

Go Zags!!!

vandalzag
03-18-2016, 07:27 AM
GU plays a clean game and they win by 25. Great effort against a good team. Few's game plan worked great. If KW did not try and take the game over in the 2nd half the Zags coast to a W. Amazing that GU could turnover the ball that many times and win. Big testament to the effort on the defensive end by the Zags.

Ekrub
03-18-2016, 08:18 AM
That game was consigned to the dust bin of history when we beat UCLA in the Sweet Sixteen last year.

I'm sorry, but that game left scars that will last a lifetime