PDA

View Full Version : I feel somewhat responsible

Proudzagmom
10-06-2007, 09:19 AM
for more and more young people from our small community who are interested in attending GU. Okay, maybe not responsible, but my daughter has sung its praises since she was in middle school and she is now a junior at GU. Last year we had three of our high school seniors apply, which doesn't sound like a lot, but we only had 36 total in our graduating class! One of our high school English teachers, two parent chaperones, 40 students and myself will be touring this beautiful campus on Monday. I can't wait!

Bocco
10-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Enjoy your visit to the campus Monday.

Rubbadub
10-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Is this really foo worthy?

Rubbadub
10-06-2007, 01:31 PM
wait i'm confused. Is it in the foo or university talk?

Proudzagmom
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Rubbadub: I have never posted on anything but the Men's Basketball Forum so forgive my ignorance as to what is "Foo Worthy" and what is not. Won't happen again.

Rubbadub
10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Nooo, you don't understand. The mods will move something to a different forum if they think the topic applies more to the Foo, WCC Basketball or University Talk, etc. You posted this to the MBB forum I guess and it was moved at different times to the Foo as well as University Talk? I was just saying I thought it belonged in a different forum then Foo, which is by definition things that don't really have much to do with gonzaga basketball or gonzaga university.

RenoZag
10-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Rubbadub: I have never posted on anything but the Men's Basketball Forum so forgive my ignorance as to what is "Foo Worthy" and what is not. Won't happen again.

No need to apologize for anything, Proudzagmom. . .your great comments about visiting GU were moved to the GU Talk forum from the men's hoops forum.

Enjoy your visit to campus and keep up the great work with the kids !!

Proudzagmom
10-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks Rub! I don't post much, so still getting used to the rules. Would rather read than post most of the time, but couldn't help sharing my excitement about sharing my ZAG enthusiasm with my students.

ZagNative
10-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Proudzagmom, will you be touring St. Al's Church? My sister is a docent there (she also got her MA in English from GU and is a rabid Zag fan), and I think she is leading a tour on Monday! It would be fun if you were part of the group.

I grew up going to church at St. Al's, so I love the place. Even if you're not part of her tour, check out the church. More about the church (http://www.stalschurch.org/aboutus/index.htm).

Proudzagmom
10-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Zagnative: Unfortunately I did not have anything to do with setting up the tour, just along for the ride. But, I have always planned to make St. Al's a part of this visit. We attended a beautiful mass the morning before we left our daughter to begin her GU experience three years ago. It made it much easier to leave "my baby" and the church is absolutely breathtaking. Your sister sounds like a fantastic person! I am currently working toward my Master's in English (Education) and of course I am somewhat obsessed with the ZAGS, so we have a few things in common. It would be fun to run into her. I didn't know any of St. Al's history so thank you very much for the link. Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow even more!!

Proudzagmom
10-09-2007, 03:08 PM
My students enjoyed their lunch at the COG (really, they did) and St. Al's was their favorite stop on the tour. The campus is so pretty this time of year and everyone was so friendly. It was a great day!