PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Soldiers attack Yankees, Save Indians.

HillBillyZag
10-06-2007, 08:16 AM
All of the best cliches have been used up, but the fact remains,yesterday's 2-1, 11 inning victory over the hated Yankees at the Jake will go down in Tribe wackiness alongside the Chief Wahoo controversy, the two pitchers who swapped wives, John Lowensteins Apathy Club and Joe Charbaneau's sniffing beer through his nose.The 8th Inning assault on the Yank's rookie hurler Joba Chamberlin by an army of the pesky critters overshadowed an outstanding pitchers duel between Andy Pettitte of the Yankees and young Fausto Carmona of the Tribe, who now becomes only the second pitcher in MLB history to start his career 1-10 and not only surpass .500 but win 19 games the following season. Carmona, an unassuming kid, with an ever present grin and a nasty, wicked, sinker pitch made only one bad pitch in his 9 innings of work, a hanging curveball to Melky Cabrera of the Yanks in the third, while Pettitte, the consumate pro, worked his way out of a jam nearly every one of his 7 innings aided, in part, by the Tribes inability to hit with runners in scoring position. (I knew we should have saved some of those hits we got in the opening game 12-3 rout of the Bronx Bombers.) Anyhow, to make an already too long story short, the HillBillyZag, whose loyalty to the Tribe has never faded, did indeed ask for Divine Intercession, along with countless others of the Indian faithful as our young Lochanvar, Grady Sizemore, fidgetted fretfully at 3rd base, 90 feet away from the tieing score.And there came the midges( Linnaeus ) aka Canadian Soldiers, sent to swarm every uncovered suface of the hated yankee's bodies. They seemed to especially unnverve one Joba Chamberlain, New York's 22 year old flame throwing wunderkid, swarming his muscular, Cherubic head with wild abandon, causing the kid to unleash the wild pitch that let young Sizemore tie the game and answer the HillBillyZag's fervent prayer, (although in truth, I had ask for a line drive single) but, as Paul Harvey says "that was the rest of the Story". At any rate the Tribe heads for the Big Apple with a 2-0 lead in the AL playoff and if you see the HillBillyZag at 11:00 AM Mass Sunday and notice he seems very Devout, he will be asking the Lord for just one more Tribe win. Go Indians!!

kitzbuel
10-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Where is my rep when I need it the most!?

HillBillyZag
10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks for reading my thread, Kitz, hope you enjoyed it, I sure would have loved the REP and would have returned some love your way. If I ever catch the guy......^%#$@ him.