PDA

View Full Version : reputation

JLGutrocks
10-06-2007, 07:52 AM
what is going on with the reputation boxes and counts?

Rubbadub
10-06-2007, 02:36 PM
there were too many complainers over neg rep so they got rid of the rep system.

Stupid boo hoo birds.

former1dog
10-06-2007, 03:25 PM
If Rub is correct, let me register a real complaint.

For a vast majority of regular posters on this board, the rep points were a big source of enjoyment and the fun increased the sense of community.

Dozens, if not more, members of this board were involved in the "giving of rep". Most of those have been regular posters on this board and its predecessors for years, including myself.

HillBillyZag
10-06-2007, 04:19 PM
I believe that a majority would agree that the reputation points are a fun and innocent thing. Lets not go PC on this board. Come on, give us back our rep.

Rubbadub
10-06-2007, 06:36 PM
If this is the official dissenting opinion thread, I sign. Never Forget. Never Surrender.

former1dog
10-06-2007, 06:38 PM
A suggestion. If a few individuals are getting their feelings hurt by the rep system, lets tweek the system so anyone that wants to can opt out of being repped.

I'm pretty certain this system was already in place as I noticed the poster zags_admin was disabled from giving pos or neg rep.

Rubbadub
10-06-2007, 06:48 PM
bring down the man!

Bocco
10-06-2007, 09:22 PM
A suggestion. If a few individuals are getting their feelings hurt by the rep system, lets tweak the system so anyone that wants to can opt out of being repped.

I'm pretty certain this system was already in place as I noticed the poster zags_admin was disabled from giving pos or neg rep.

It would make sense to allow anyone on this board to opt of of the rep system. Another possibility would be to limit the neg rep that can be given, just like admins only give out 10 rep. Another possibilty would be for the admins and mods to adjust/delete any neg rep that they felt was unjustifed.

What's unfathomable is the stupid knee jerk reaction that someone (excuse me some idiot) exercised and just turned the rep off.

On second thought its not unfathomable, its just another sign of political correctness run amok by those who will never be satisfied until we all look, act, think, walk, talk the same. A bunch of faceless people in grey suits, white shirts, black ties, black shoes, all dressed the same.

ZaggyStardust
10-06-2007, 09:50 PM
OH PULEEZ........ I really HATE this PC world..... Since when did we become such a society of Minority Rules!

How about neg rep must include your ID. I think if it were not anonomyous, people might think twice! That's the way it works elswhere!

Rubbadub
10-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Perhaps it would be better if only a couple of us acted outraged, so that it didn't appear to be popular opinion?

TexasZagFan
10-06-2007, 10:22 PM
It would make sense to allow anyone on this board to opt of of the rep system. Another possibility would be to limit the neg rep that can be given, just like admins only give out 10 rep. Another possibilty would be for the admins and mods to adjust/delete any neg rep that they felt was unjustifed.

What's unfathomable is the stupid knee jerk reaction that someone (excuse me some idiot) exercised and just turned the rep off.

On second thought its not unfathomable, its just another sign of political correctness run amok by those who will never be satisfied until we all look, act, think, walk, talk the same. A bunch of faceless people in grey suits, white shirts, black ties, black shoes, all dressed the same.

And they all consider themselves liberals. Sorry to get political, but these are the same folks who think they'll save the world by bringing back the Fairness Doctrine.

If I only had the $$$ to start up my own website...

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
10-07-2007, 08:31 PM
but if this is really the reaction to some dillweeds who didn't like getting negged....bugger off.

I won't post in or read anything but the foo until the rep is restored and if the whiney bast*rd who can't handle getting negatived comes forward....I spit in your general direction...get a life dude.

a13coach
10-08-2007, 08:44 AM
2.1 mil page hits since last Feb. and I would bet over 70% are due to the great community of the FOO and the OCC. I think it is in every one$ best interest to bring back the REP.

Rubbadub
10-08-2007, 08:52 AM
If you organize the Foo by thread views, the first page out of 37 has over 120,000 views alone.

TuckC
12-06-2007, 12:51 PM
So I gotz no rep:D?

Rubbadub
12-06-2007, 02:03 PM
do you want rep?

sonuvazag
12-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Did someone say rep? Just posting.