PDA

View Full Version : It's going to be a long week at work

TexasZagFan
03-14-2016, 07:30 AM
I have a much younger co-worker who's a big Duke fan. Now he's touting his pick of SH, because they play in a "big boy" conference.

He'd fit right in with some of the younger folks here, those that know more basketball than us old folks. Actually, I would expect he knows more about basketball, as his dad's a HS coach, and that's what he grew up with.

I'm waiting on his response to my last question, "if you know so much about basketball, WTH are you slaving away as an auditor?" :lmao:

Oops, he didn't like the question...lol.

TexasZagFan
03-15-2016, 06:58 AM
The Dukie actually showed up for work today. When he talked about how bad our guard play is, I laughed. Our guards are playing at a much higher level than they were back in January, as we all know. It gave me an insight into the dominant thought among the typical power conference fan.

GrizZAG
03-15-2016, 07:05 AM
Our guards are playing at a much higher level than they were back in January, as we all know.

Yep, a different team now. Confidence, cohesiveness, team spirit and looser play have evolved. The team we hoped for early on is finally here.

U Zig, I Zag
03-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Just say, 'Sure hope Duke doesn't get "tripped up" in the early rounds like they have in the past!'

TexasZagFan
03-15-2016, 07:38 AM
Just say, 'Sure hope Duke doesn't get "tripped up" in the early rounds like they have in the past!'

His trump card is the # of titles they've won, and the fact they dispatched us last year.

Zaga
03-15-2016, 07:44 AM
Yep, a different team now. Confidence, cohesiveness, team spirit and looser play have evolved. The team we hoped for early on is finally here.

Zag's will be slippery to beat! House money- Keep playing.....

CDC84
03-15-2016, 07:47 AM
If Kyle Wiltjer had made that wide open second half layup in Houston last March, that young Dukie fan might be singing a different tune.

ProjectMKUltra5
03-15-2016, 07:47 AM
His trump card is the # of titles they've won, and the fact they dispatched us last year.

Kids a frontrunner. Probably likes the Lakers, Yankees, and Alabama football too.

U Zig, I Zag
03-15-2016, 07:49 AM

Yes, but the kicker there is that their best player literally trips guys on the court. Like an 8 year old might.

gonzagafan62
03-15-2016, 07:50 AM
Kids a frontrunner. Probably likes the Lakers, Yankees, and Alabama football too.

You forgot about Manchester United!

Go zags!

Zagceo
03-15-2016, 07:51 AM
Yes, but the kicker there is that their best player literally trips guys on the court. Like an 8 year old might.

Just living up to the name his coach calls him………..A HOLE

vandalzag
03-15-2016, 07:51 AM
Just remind him the best player on his team is the long lost twin of KD Lang

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/YL/YLKEBIMJKAGJDXN.20141002161326.jpg http://images1.mtv.com/uri/mgid:file:docroot:mtv.com:/shared/promoimages/bands/l/lang_kd/photo_carousel/kdlang.jpg?enlarge=false&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

TexasZagFan
03-17-2016, 06:55 AM
Today's update: he's been tormented by the GU/SH matchup. I think he finally threw his hands up and put in SH to win. lol

TexasZagFan
03-18-2016, 05:51 AM
The following message was on my IM this morning when I arrived at work:

#tzfwasright :lmao:

and sabonis is really good

I told him all week long that our guards have grown by leaps and bounds since February, they'll hold their own against SH.

MTZag03
03-18-2016, 06:04 AM
Wow. He showed some humility at least. Many people would just double down on stupidity.

TexasZagFan
03-18-2016, 06:20 AM
Wow. He showed some humility at least. Many people would just double down on stupidity.

He's a fine young man, and he knows basketball...his dad's a HS coach. He opted for a different career, he saw the time demands of the coaching life.

One of my BILs is a middle school teacher and coach. The time demands during football and basketball season are inordinate. During FB season, he'll be off scouting the next week's opponent for the HS team, while coaching the 7th or 8th grade teams. Last two years, we've had A, B, and C teams for both grades. Ditto for basketball.

TexasZagFan
03-21-2016, 06:35 AM
Found out last week a coworker that sits near me is an Orangeman. Should be fun.

U Zig, I Zag
03-21-2016, 06:50 AM
Found out last week a coworker that sits near me is an Orangeman. Should be fun.

Tex, it appears you are surrounded by the enemy.

TexasZagFan
03-21-2016, 07:15 AM
Tex, it appears you are surrounded by the enemy.

Not many Zags in Texas, but we hold our own. DFW chapter has been making some noise.

75Zag
03-21-2016, 08:18 AM
I went out and bought a lovely "Sorry for your loss" card at Walgreens this morning and left it taped to the office door of a co-worker who had the bad taste to attend Kentucky. I don't know anybody that attended 'Cuse but if you give me a name I would be happy to send them a tasteful funeral bouquet next Saturday. We have an avid Oregon booster and an equally avid Duke booster here. I am hoping for a pre-game cage fight. I predict the Oregon alum will win - she has 20 pounds and a mean disposition over the guy from Duke.

Go Bulldogs!

TexasZagFan
03-21-2016, 08:24 AM
I went out and bought a lovely "Sorry for your loss" card at Walgreens this morning and left it taped to the office door of a co-worker who had the bad taste to attend Kentucky. I don't know anybody that attended 'Cuse but if you give me a name I would be happy to send them a tasteful funeral bouquet next Saturday. We have an avid Oregon booster and an equally avid Duke booster here. I am hoping for a pre-game cage fight. I predict the Oregon alum will win - she has 20 pounds and a mean disposition over the guy from Duke.

Go Bulldogs!

LOL, I'm fully expecting to see "#TZFwasright" again next week. lol

TexasZag
03-21-2016, 09:20 AM
Not many Zags in Texas, but we hold our own. DFW chapter has been making some noise.

I keep meaning to make it to one of the DFW alumni events. I live on the far southwest side of Fort Worth and making the trip up to the Plano/North Dallas area doesn't thrill me, especially since the wife never seems to be available to ride along. Soon, though, I will.

TexasZagFan
03-24-2016, 05:00 AM
I keep meaning to make it to one of the DFW alumni events. I live on the far southwest side of Fort Worth and making the trip up to the Plano/North Dallas area doesn't thrill me, especially since the wife never seems to be available to ride along. Soon, though, I will.

I live in Valley Ranch, but I travel east of I-35 only when necessary. Good suggestion, though, i.e. scheduling an event closer to Fort Worth.

Upon returning to work this morning, the Cuse fan proclaimed to me that tomorrow's game will be a battler of "talent vs. skill." I reacted to that remark with a large dollop of incredulity. He basically said they have more talent because we have more white guys on the team.

I think our "talent" compares very favorably to Syracuse.

Ekrub
03-24-2016, 05:36 AM
Just remind him the best player on his team is the long lost twin of KD Lang

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/YL/YLKEBIMJKAGJDXN.20141002161326.jpg http://images1.mtv.com/uri/mgid:file:docroot:mtv.com:/shared/promoimages/bands/l/lang_kd/photo_carousel/kdlang.jpg?enlarge=false&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

Crossed with ted cruz and I think you are on to something

TexasZagFan
03-24-2016, 05:56 AM
Crossed with ted cruz and I think you are on to something

What does this have to do with the Zags vs. Syracuse?

TheGonzagaFactor
03-24-2016, 06:28 AM

Bolded have recently been replaced by the Warriors and Royals.

ZagLawGrad
03-24-2016, 06:45 AM
Is it Friday yet?