PDA

View Full Version : Twitter leak

jazzdelmar
03-14-2016, 04:31 AM
TOURNEY BRACKET LEAKED EARLY

BY VICTOR MATHER

CBSí decision to expand the announcement of the NCAA Tournament field to a two-hour program backfired on Sunday when the full field was leaked and widely circulated onlineearly in the show. Once a brisk half-hour that was a favorite of college hoops fans, the selection show grew to an hour, and this year, for the first time, to two, dragging out the agony for bubble teams and fans who just wanted to start filling out their brackets.

The longer program got mostly bad reviews online as impatient fans suffered through interviews and predictions of each region of the bracket while they waited for the full field to be announced.

As the show crept along, a Twitter account posted what purported to be the full bracket. By 3:20 p.m. it had been shared widely on Twitter.

The first response was skepticism. That canít be real, can it? But when the selections on the leaked post matched exactly the ones being slowly disclosed on CBS, the realization sank in that itwas the genuine article.A spokesman for CBS declined to comment on theleaked bracket. The NCAA said in a statement: ď We go to great lengths to prevent the tournament field from being revealed early and the NCAA took its usual measures to prevent this from happening. Unfortunately, and regrettably, the bracket was revealed prior to our broadcast partners having the opportunity to finish unveiling it. We take this matter seriously and we are looking into it.Ē

Mather writes for the New York Times.

TexasZagFan
03-14-2016, 05:03 AM
For all the money CBS received from advertising for this show, you'd think they could have spent a bit of time teaching Barkley how to work the damn board.

As I said in an earlier thread, my grandson saved me. He was anxious to go to his aunt's house a couple blocks away. Over an hour into the show, and only two regions revealed. Terrible idea to expand it to two hours. I can see them doing one hour, but that's it. They're making enough money on the damn tournament, give the fans a break.

It was a nice day for a walk, and 90 minutes of George Benson and Spyrogyra were soothing to the spirit.

zagfan24
03-14-2016, 05:50 AM
CBS overplayed their hand and this was the result. The bracket show is interesting, but most fans that watch care about their team's draw and perhaps the 5 or 6 teams on the bubble. Maybe the 1 seeds. Stretching that out over two hours was a mistake and led indirectly to the opportunity for a leaked bracket to appear.

Zagger
03-14-2016, 06:40 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/14/sports/ncaa-tournament-bracket-leak-selection-sunday.html
The link to the lead-in quotes :)
Go Zags!

vandalzag
03-14-2016, 06:53 AM
For all the money CBS received from advertising for this show, you'd think they could have spent a bit of time teaching Barkley how to work the damn board.

As I said in an earlier thread, my grandson saved me. He was anxious to go to his aunt's house a couple blocks away. Over an hour into the show, and only two regions revealed. Terrible idea to expand it to two hours. I can see them doing one hour, but that's it. They're making enough money on the damn tournament, give the fans a break.

It was a nice day for a walk, and 90 minutes of George Benson and Spyrogyra were soothing to the spirit.

Barkley on the board was the best thing about the show. Next year just have Barkley and Kenny Smith.

TexasZagFan
03-14-2016, 06:56 AM
Barkley on the board was the best thing about the show. Next year just have Barkley and Kenny Smith.

You're probably right. The TNT crew is far more entertaining than the CBS crew.

LongIslandZagFan
03-14-2016, 06:56 AM
For future reference... please... quote articles and provide links. Please. These guys work for a living... give them the page views they deserve and let people click through for the full details.

SWZag
03-14-2016, 07:08 AM
TOURNEY BRACKET LEAKED EARLY

BY VICTOR MATHER

CBS’ decision to expand the announcement of the NCAA Tournament field to a two-hour program backfired on Sunday when the full field was leaked and widely circulated onlineearly in the show. Once a brisk half-hour that was a favorite of college hoops fans, the selection show grew to an hour, and this year, for the first time, to two, dragging out the agony for bubble teams and fans who just wanted to start filling out their brackets.

The longer program got mostly bad reviews online as impatient fans suffered through interviews and predictions of each region of the bracket while they waited for the full field to be announced.

As the show crept along, a Twitter account posted what purported to be the full bracket. By 3:20 p.m. it had been shared widely on Twitter.

The first response was skepticism. That can’t be real, can it? But when the selections on the leaked post matched exactly the ones being slowly disclosed on CBS, the realization sank in that itwas the genuine article.A spokesman for CBS declined to comment on theleaked bracket. The NCAA said in a statement: “ We go to great lengths to prevent the tournament field from being revealed early and the NCAA took its usual measures to prevent this from happening. Unfortunately, and regrettably, the bracket was revealed prior to our broadcast partners having the opportunity to finish unveiling it. We take this matter seriously and we are looking into it.”

Mather writes for the New York Times.

Victor Mather: A Leak Spoiled the N.C.A.A. Selection Show. The Internet Rejoiced. (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/14/sports/ncaa-tournament-bracket-leak-selection-sunday.html)

kitzbuel
03-14-2016, 07:15 AM
I bailed on the show early so I could go to dinner. Thank you leaker.

northsidezagfan
03-14-2016, 07:23 AM

Same here.

CdAZagFan
03-14-2016, 07:33 AM

Best thing that happened... Couldn't handle the two hours of drivel so was able to leave early.