• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorzag
    Banned
    • Feb 2009

Road and Neutral court wins

How teams play away from their home court is obviously very important seeing as the tourney is played on neutral courts. Just looking at teams records away from their home courts and noticed the Zags are 15-3. Best in the entire NCAA. Looking at the overall resume of this team its crazy that Lunardi had us not in the tourney if we did not beat St.Marys. Our worst loss was to UCLA and our BPI, Sagarin and Kenpom ratings were all solid. All he kept talking about was our RPI.
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

I lost some respect for Blowhardi. He sat there with a smug look on his face while saying that crap!
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Zagsker
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2008

Lunardi has ESPN behind him so his comments/predictions carry social weight...not so sure about factual weight

ESPN could have "Johnny Intern" do an ESPN projected bracket instead of Lunardi and people would reference that
      I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• CdAZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2013

I couldn't believe with our resume that included no bad losses and those road and neutral wins we would be turned away from an at-large berth, but after listening to the blow-hards on ESPN, I was starting to get convinced we would not get an invite. Willandi, Mr. Vulture and Coach Crazy started to sway me back the other way with their numbers, however. I'm just so glad we didn't have to wait to find out - it would not have been a comfortable week.

Comment

• kyle dixon
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

Just an observation on SMC as they sit on the bubble. If they are invited to the tourney the media will rip them for their schedule. If not, they will attribute it to the schedule. Randy has work to do, but what majors will schedule him as they are good for next year? Just thinking aloud.

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kyle dixon View Post
            Just an observation on SMC as they sit on the bubble. If they are invited to the tourney the media will rip them for their schedule. If not, they will attribute it to the schedule. Randy has work to do, but what majors will schedule him as they are good for next year? Just thinking aloud.
            it doesn't have to be name-brand majors, even some MWC, OVC or AAC teams would be grand - and for pete's sake Randy - take a ROAD TRIP!!
            History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• Rangerzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

While we will not know if the committee would have invited the Zags to dance, I think we can take some notice of the seed we are awarded. If Zags are a 10 seed or higher I think we would have been invited. If we are an eleven seed the jury most likely would never tell and we will no have the same clues to guess with.
              "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
              "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
              I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

True.

But, at least their "We beat Gonzaga" thing would have 2 victories instead of the usual one or none, and even though we were a bubble team, beating us on the road was a good win, I think it's better than our best win at the time.

I disagree with the OP a little. Lunardi didn't just talk about our RPI, he talked about our body of work and it came down to the fact that our best win was UCONN. One can't just say 'no bad losses" without acknowledging the flip side.

Though we'll never know, I bet we were on the outside, but the final one or two.
                Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Both Pitt and Vanderbilt both lost tonight...should move SMC up as well as Monmouth (FYI: I was born at Ft. Monmouth)...

Comment

• MTZag03
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Rangerzag View Post
                    While we will not know if the committee would have invited the Zags to dance, I think we can take some notice of the seed we are awarded. If Zags are a 10 seed or higher I think we would have been invited. If we are an eleven seed the jury most likely would never tell and we will no have the same clues to guess with.
                    Not to get too off topic, but did you see the bracketology that gave SMC a 10 and GU an 11 today? Yep. Lots to say on that

Comment

• Rangerzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MTZag03 View Post
                      Not to get too off topic, but did you see the bracketology that gave SMC a 10 and GU an 11 today? Yep. Lots to say on that
                      I did see that. I was thinking of it. I doubt they will give both Zags and St Marys a ten or higher seed, but then again they might. Once again, whatever the committee does it will still only inspire more speculation about what might have been if things happened otherwise, but will finally answer what actually has taken place.
                      "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                      "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                      I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• Zags11
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

Zags will be in spokane

Comment

• doctorzag
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
                          Zags will be in spokane
                          Thought they had to be a top 5 seed to play in Spokane?

Comment

• Zags11
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by doctorzag View Post
                            Thought they had to be a top 5 seed to play in Spokane?
                            Do they? Crap. Lol. I'm just wishing.

Comment

• sullyzag66
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MTZag03 View Post
                              But according to that scenario they'd have to play Pitt earlier in the week to earn that 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X