PDA

View Full Version : Final conflict with HBO

jazzdelmar
03-08-2016, 12:35 PM
The 6pm final conflicts with the fourth epi on the Zags on HBO, which starts at 7pm on the east coast feed. What to do? Hard to imagine they didn't see such a conflict coming. Moreover, the epi contains footage of the tourney. That's show biz, I guess.

Zagceo
03-08-2016, 12:36 PM
The 6pm final conflicts with the fourth epi on the Zags on HBO, which starts at 7pm on the east coast feed. What to do? Hard to imagine they didn't see such a conflict coming. Moreover, the epi contains footage of the tourney. That's show biz, I guess.

Have live update would be nice touch.

Zag_Dad
03-08-2016, 12:37 PM
I live in Seattle area and haven't seen the HBO show air before 10:00 pm on any of the HBO channels offered in my area. I figured they were showing it at 6:00 pm in the Spokane region since there would be a much higher viewer appeal in that market?

gonzagafan62
03-08-2016, 12:37 PM

There's a rerun at 1am EST 12CT, 10PT.

Not to worry at all.

jazzdelmar
03-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Among other blessings, the gift about living on the west coast is the availability of both HBO and Showtime in their east coast feeds, bringing programming three hours earlier than normal. A live update would not work, the game would be undecided and I'm sure ESPN would demur. It's just odd.

GoZag
03-08-2016, 12:40 PM
sign up for a free 1 month membership of HBO Now which it is on demand so you can watch it whenever you want.

LongIslandZagFan
03-08-2016, 01:14 PM
DVR... my friend is my DVR... which will have it recorded for me when the game is over.

Zag 77
03-08-2016, 04:01 PM
I guess I am surprised that anybody that has cable or satellite does not have a DVR system that came with it. Although there are still a handful of people that actually still use rabbit ears and external antenna.

Last I looked, something like 90% of the TV watchers in the US have cable or satellite. I don't even know if DISH offers receivers without DVR built in. Maybe Comcast and Direct TV are different?

Plus, I think they are on You Tube for free after a week or two.

DixieZag
03-08-2016, 04:21 PM
DVR... my friend is my DVR... which will have it recorded for me when the game is over.

If one has Comcast On Demand, it is always available on the "Menu" - "TV Shows" - "By Channel" - "HBO" - Zag show

CdAZagFan
03-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Plus, I think they are on You Tube for free after a week or two.

This is what I was hoping... without HBO, I was excited to see the first episode air a week after it first appeared on HBO. Since then? Nothing... I'm hoping at some point they all become available.

GYPOZAG
03-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Here in north Idaho HBO has had a rerun each wedsnday night around 7

RenoZag
03-08-2016, 05:05 PM
I admit I thought I would be watching the HBO episode instead of the WCC final. Glad I was wrong.

The trusty DVR will record the HBO episode and I will watch it after I make a post-game visit to the hospital. . .

Go Bulldogs !!