PDA

View Full Version : Do we win that game...

cggonzaga
03-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Without early season struggles? I don't think so. Few should be awfully proud of these kids!

kitzbuel
03-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Sabonis' discipline has grown exponentially. Dealing with the fouling and every Cougar in the arena hanging on him and still kept his composure.

FuManShoes
03-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Sabonis' discipline has grown exponentially. Dealing with the fouling and every Cougar in the arena hanging on him and still kept his composure.

Just a great, great game. So proud of the team, and so many gutsy performances to be proud of.

cggonzaga
03-07-2016, 10:00 PM
I think Eric McClellan deserves big props. The senior isn't ready to call it quits yet.

kitzbuel
03-07-2016, 10:02 PM
I think Eric McClellan deserves big props. The senior isn't ready to call it quits yet.

No doubt

TacomaZAG
03-07-2016, 10:04 PM
GREAT strategy by Coach putting Sabonis on Collinsworth in the second half..............Brilliant.

All the guys dug SO deep tonight, they have come together at the right time.

Wiltjer really stepped up tonight, bad ankle and all.

HUGE WIN tonight.

Go ZAGS

CaliZag07
03-07-2016, 10:04 PM
I'm giving all the credit in the world to Sabonis' defense on Collinsworth the last 10 or so minutes of the game. Took him out of the game entirely. That was the difference in the game IMO

ZagaZags
03-07-2016, 10:05 PM

Eric has flipped a switch. He has become a leader on this team.

CdAZagFan
03-07-2016, 10:05 PM
They've shown great strides these last two games against BYU. Great composure and it looks like everyone was engaged in the offense the entire game (I didn't see anyone shying away from their shots). It was a great team win tonight.

Bouldin4Prez
03-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Real question: If Edwards is available do we still win this game? Feels like the type of game where we needed Sabonis out there for 40 to battle.

Hoopaholic
03-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Real question: If Edwards is available do we still win this game? Feels like the type of game where we needed Sabonis out there for 40 to battle.

He got his regular 2-3 minute break in the first half even without Edwards

cggonzaga
03-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Great move by Few and co. I know Collinsworth is gone but that's why it's crucial to have guys like Jones and Tillie and Hachimura in the program. We haven't had big athletic 3s in a long time. Wesley was more offense than defense and not even sure he was 6'5".

Bouldin4Prez
03-07-2016, 10:10 PM
He got his regular 2-3 minute break in the first half even without Edwards

Box score says he played 39.

spike_jr
03-07-2016, 10:14 PM
If we struggled less earlier in the season:

A. We wouldn't have played in this game. We would have played Pep as the number 1 seed
B. We wouldn't have had to win this game in order to keep our hopes of dancing alive.

We looked good tonight (players and coaches) except for the turnovers. Lets hope there is enough left in the tank for tomorrow and that Silas throws this game in the dumpster!

Reborn
03-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Box score says he played 39.

He was out for more than one minute the first half, but I'd say just 3 or 4. Same for Wiltjer. They both played the whole second half.

Go Zags!!!

Birddog
03-08-2016, 04:14 AM
The bench is probably going to have to step up offensively in order to beat the Gaels.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-08-2016, 04:20 AM
The bench is probably going to have to step up offensively in order to beat the Gaels.

Yeah, Melson is going to have to step up offensively and defensively.

Gaels will do a much better job of exploiting KW on the defensive end than Cougars did. I predict KW will sit more either due to foul trouble or Zag's defensive strategy / wanting to get KW and Sabonis some rest to keep them fresh for end of game.

TexasZagFan
03-08-2016, 04:57 AM
Great move by Few and co. I know Collinsworth is gone but that's why it's crucial to have guys like Jones and Tillie and Hachimura in the program. We haven't had big athletic 3s in a long time. Wesley was more offense than defense and not even sure he was 6'5".

The way DS was able to control Collinsworth indicates to me he won't be productive NBA player. No doubt he was great at this level, but he'll be going against players much more athletic and long than he went against in college.

SWZag
03-08-2016, 05:05 AM
Eric has flipped a switch. He has become a leader on this team.

Yes he has. He has gained in confidence and is an experienced leader. I'm sure his past experiences have been a factor in him taking over this team. He and Sabonis are the two emotional leaders. Love the matching intensity and energy. Can't give enough to eMac.

On a side note: I also can't give enough credit to Few and Co. on having faith in bringing in eMac after his previous school stops. I wouldn't have taken the chance. It shows Few knows what he's doing and gives second chances which will make eMac an even better person. Great job staff!