• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roxdoc
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Georgia Game

I realize that maybe this should go under the Georgia Tickets thread, but feel it should be emphasized. Tickets went on sale for season ticket and Bulldog club folks at 10 am (Noon for woohoo). By 10:30 all $125 and $75 tickets had been sold. I ended up getting some $50's in the end zone. In talking to a friend at Tickets West they said there is a good chance it will be all sold out by Octo 12th when general public can buy.
  • lothar98zag
    PostPadder General
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by roxdoc View Post
    I realize that maybe this should go under the Georgia Tickets thread, but feel it should be emphasized. Tickets went on sale for season ticket and Bulldog club folks at 10 am (Noon for woohoo). By 10:30 all $125 and $75 tickets had been sold. I ended up getting some $50's in the end zone. In talking to a friend at Tickets West they said there is a good chance it will be all sold out by Octo 12th when general public can buy.
    The average local GU fan w/ no GU connections will not be happy if that happens...
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

Be poised and ready at 10am sharp on the 12th to start punching 1-800-325-SEAT.
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• wazZag
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2007

I think they're holding back tickets, because I ordered at 10:01 and couldn't get four tickets together in the $75 range. I too got $50 range tickets.
        FOO!

Comment

• MickMick
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

Thank god for HDTV, DVR, and wide screen. I think I enjoyed watching the replay of the Memphis game as much as being there live......although the waving white towels needed to be experienced at least once.

It cracks me up that some fans call the Arena a neutral court. Heck...it is the only way the average Joe can catch the team live. I personally wish that every game was played in the "neutral" Spokane Arena.

They really did build K2 too small. No question that the team could regularly sell out a 10,000 to 12,000 seat arena....and still have a waiting list.
          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• roxdoc
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I agree with you MM, but its water under the bridge for the Kennel, and the powers that be will never admit being a little too weak kneed. Last year's Memphis game was everybit as loud as the MAC so that noise advantage is still there. I wish they would have a few more of the "big" games at the Arena. The season ticket holders seemed to have gotten all the good seats for the Georgia game at the arena this season so they should not complain (although they had to buy them - which they appaently did with gusto!). Then there is the question of the students, but something could surely be done for them if the game was when school was on.

Comment

• Section 116
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

The same thing happened to us when we requested $75 tickets. The window came up and said our request was being processed and when the next window came up there was a message in red that said our choice was no longer available and the computer would give us the next best choice, computer choice of course, not mine. That's what I dislike about not being able to purchase in person. We ended up with $50 tickets and I'm not complaining particularly. I just wondered how the $75's disappeared so fast when we too were online within a minute or two of 10am. The fact there was no limit for season ticket holders does not bode well for the public at large. If the $75 were gone just like and none were held back it's amazing how fast those tickets sold. I suspect however nearly the entire 200 level reamains unsold so there is hope for others. I would be curious how many tickets of each price were available for sale.

Comment

I don't believe for one minute all the $75 tickets are sold. I went down to the Arena last year and was able to purchase primo tix for the Memphis game. It seems that this "promotional" code puts you in Section 123, which is more or less behind the basket. I will take my chances on the 12th in person at the Arena. I smell a rat.

Just my opinion!

Comment

• roxdoc
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I hope you will let the board know how you do on the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by roxdoc View Post
                    I hope you will let the board know how you do on the 12th.
                    I will do so.

Comment

Working...
                    X