OT: Any stream for 'Pups state semis that might flow as far as the east coast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravelinZag
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2012

OT: Any stream for 'Pups state semis that might flow as far as the east coast?

Would love to see coverage, but am a long ways away from any net that would care. Any helpful suggestions?
  • cggonzaga
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Believe the WIAA site streams it for $10 or something.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

fyi:
      Gonzaga Prep ‏@g_prep 3m3 minutes ago

G-Prep Boys basketball game postponed to 9:45pm due to an overtime game earlier today. Follow live stats and... http://fb.me/RLF0k5T1

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

I didn't know they made it that far. At 9:25 is there anyone on the board that knows if its broadcast locally? I would enjoy watching that.

ETA: Having checked, it appears it might be on 112 SWX on Comcast Spokane, except that there's a game on right now that's the second quarter. L-R/S v. Mossyrock which appears to be from Spokane . . . State "B"?
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• cggonzaga
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

Prep up 1 with 4 minutes to go. Would be HUGE upset

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Federal Way wins it, 46-44.

Comment

• cggonzaga
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

Prep loses by 2 on late basket. Shot 9-18 at the line. Ouch!

Comment

• Mantua
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

I was holding my breath. Pups played pretty well. Mattie is a good coach.
                Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• Stache
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Nov 2007

Pups controlled game until 4 mins to go in fourth. A couple turnovers let FW get it tied. Prep had free throws but couldn't hit them. Desperation 3 off iron. Curtis tomorrow for 3rd. Great effort against some long, very talented athletes.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Prep brings back 3 starters and top backup next year. Their JV also started 5 freshmen and cruised through the season. Future is bright to say the least!

Comment

• vandalzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
                      Prep brings back 3 starters and top backup next year. Their JV also started 5 freshmen and cruised through the season. Future is bright to say the least!
                      Should have won last night against a very good FW team. A very young team that is well coached. Look for them to make a two year run at state if everybody stays healthy.

Comment

• TravelinZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2012

Blew a game they had in hand. Why does that read so eerily familiar? Even so, great season! Why does this weird format force teams to play meaningless consolidation games? Oh, that's right, $$$! Guess 14-18 year old kids are not too young to have someone make money off their backs. Shame, WIAA! If you make the semis, do you think it really has any importance what position you "finish"? Sounds like a good game to start players who will be returning next year. Sort of an early scrimmage for 2016-17 season.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by TravelinZag View Post
                          Blew a game they had in hand. Why does that read so eerily familiar? Even so, great season! Why does this weird format force teams to play meaningless consolidation games? Oh, that's right, $$$! Guess 14-18 year old kids are not too young to have someone make money off their backs. Shame, WIAA! If you make the semis, do you think it really has any importance what position you "finish"? Sounds like a good game to start players who will be returning next year. Sort of an early scrimmage for 2016-17 season.
                          with all due respect, the opportunity to end the season on a win, win a trophy that the kids can look back upon and simply playing another game are many reasons for the 3/5 4/6 place games........having coached high school basketball I have seen it in the kids eyes and body language when they have come so far in the season to try and achieve goal, only to come up a little short but be able to bounce back (which is also a very very good life experience for high school kids)
                          if it was truly about MONEY WIAA would not have changed the prior state format and moved to regionals.....
                          The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Mantua
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by TravelinZag View Post
                            Prep talent is young and played against formidable senior athletes on the Federal Way team. The game was much more of a road game for Prep. According to the announcers there was at least one very questionable out of bounds call late in the fourth quarter. I was surprised by the seeding since both teams had very high state rankings all year. The game was started an hour late at 10pm. The championship contest will start at 3pm today, giving O'Dea and unfair advantage. All in all I think Prep played beyond expectations and I'm looking forward to their next two seasons.
                            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
                              Prep talent is young and played against formidable senior athletes on the Federal Way team. The game was much more of a road game for Prep. According to the announcers there was at least one very questionable out of bounds call late in the fourth quarter. I was surprised by the seeding since both teams had very high state rankings all year. The game was started an hour late at 10pm. The championship contest will start at 3pm today, giving O'Dea and unfair advantage. All in all I think Prep played beyond expectations and I'm looking forward to their next two seasons.
                              Not sure why idea in this discussion. They are 3a playing Garfield for state title. Shout out to coach Kerr in his first year back at odea
                              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

Working...
                              X