PDA

View Full Version : 80 or more points is the key

IdahoTJR
03-03-2016, 04:32 AM
Since the 2006-2007 season, GU is 128-1 when scoring 80 or more points in games that end in regulation. Their winning streak is 121 games when scoring 80 or more points in games that end in regulation. They are 7-3 since 06-07 in OT games when scoring more than 80 pts. (I may be off by a couple of games)

ZagMan in Philly
03-03-2016, 10:14 AM
If Melson gets about 12 to 15 pts per game in WCC Tourney, Zags will win WCC tourney.

Bogozags
03-03-2016, 01:30 PM
If the back court and bench score at least 30+ points, they win the game...

raise the zag
03-03-2016, 01:36 PM
why settle for 80? What about 100?

They're undefeated when scoring over the century mark.

100 is the key. :D

DixieZag
03-03-2016, 01:42 PM
why settle for 80? What about 100?

They're undefeated when scoring over the century mark.

100 is the key. :D

I think they're also perfect when holding teams under 45?

It seems like a good idea to devise a game plan to score over 80 and hold the other team to under 45. If we can do that, I bet we beat BYU 5 times out of 7 and clip SMC 66% of the time.

J-K - that's an interesting stat, Idaho.

Reborn
03-03-2016, 08:43 PM
This is a good thread, and tend to agree that we will need to do that in the NCAA Tournament, but not in the WCC Tournament. In our lasgt games with Pepperdine, SMC, SMU, and BYU Gonzaga only scored 70 once. They have been scoring in the 60's in all the losses. Our D has been great and that's what's kept us competitive. I believe GU should really set a goal to average 75 in this tournament. They've been anemic on offense and that must change. I know that they wanted to slow the play down against BYU and it worked. Teams in the WCC, Saint Mary's especially, play good defense. It's also really hard to score a lot of points when the team your playing knows your game inside and out. This will be our third time playing these teams. That also will keep the scores low. However, from listening to Mark Few in that HBO series, GU has lots and lots of things in their playbook that they have not used and would therefore be new to the teams they play. I think that back door cut against BYU's zone, when Sabonis had the ball in the post and hit a cutting Melson twice, was a new play that they put in for that game. I would like to personally see more plays for Melson. He's playing very confidently lately and he could be a very big piece to the puzzle from here on out.

Go Zags!!!

Go Zags!!!

MJ777
03-05-2016, 09:06 AM
To my recollection the Zags have never lost when outscoring the other team.