• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

New poll?

Just visited the BYU board to see what they are thinking r.e. the upcoming Tourney in Vegas. Not much. Bigger venue; what they don't realize (& I tried to explain it to them last year) is that if GU (& to a lesser extent BYU) isn't in the Final, The Orleans empty seats make for bad optics. But I digress.

Front page, there are 2 separate Jimmer threads (for really unknown reasons). My question, which GU player should this fanbase lionize?

Stockton may be too old for many (afterall, usf's claim to fame is they won 2 National Championships, in the mid 50's).

And after a vote, could the mods pin it to the top of this forum as it ascends to the heights of Biggs McGee & tacos?
    But we don't play nobody.
  • Once and Future Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Just visited the BYU board to see what they are thinking r.e. the upcoming Tourney in Vegas. Not much. Bigger venue; what they don't realize (& I tried to explain it to them last year) is that if GU (& to a lesser extent BYU) isn't in the Final, The Orleans empty seats make for bad optics. But I digress.

Front page, there are 2 separate Jimmer threads (for really unknown reasons). My question, which GU player should this fanbase lionize?

Stockton may be too old for many (afterall, usf's claim to fame is they won 2 National Championships, in the mid 50's).

And after a vote, could the mods pin it to the top of this forum as it ascends to the heights of Biggs McGee & tacos?
    Ammo? Dickau?
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• MTZag03
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
      Ammo? Dickau?
      Ronny did more.

Olynyk is doing okay so far and might have a chance at being special. But otherwise I'd say Stockton Sr no doubt.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2009

You have to remember, Jimmer - in a lot of ways - has the weight of the religion on his back. Not just being a BYU kid. The BYU fan urgency about Jimmer's status is probably related to Curry's rise. My guess is they think they are a lot alike (in college they might have been).

Best Zag out there might be Kelly. Pargo does well and makes some money.

Kids playing, on the floor - right now? I think Perkins or Melson have a chance. They are 4(5) year players. I think Sabonis is our best player, but the game is extended so much in the NBA. I think he stays another year and extends his game out further. More ball handling, etc.

Wiltj will prob get a look as a sharpshooter.

Comment

• willandi
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Isn't Karno our best Pole?
          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by willandi View Post
            Isn't Karno our best Pole?
            At the very least!

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post

Olynyk, at least he can stick with an NBA team and get minutes.
              "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                • Feb 2007

Just an FYI... he is probably getting play because he was picked up by the Knicks recently.
                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Zagdawg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

He signed with the Knicks for a 10 day contract and wasn't resigned beyond yesterday.

"Fredette's future is unclear, though sources with knowledge of the situation expect the 27-year-old to return to the Knicks' D-League club, the Westchester Knicks."

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                    He signed with the Knicks for a 10 day contract and wasn't resigned beyond yesterday.

"Fredette's future is unclear, though sources with knowledge of the situation expect the 27-year-old to return to the Knicks' D-League club, the Westchester Knicks."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...te-10-day-deal
                    Not disagreeing with that... but... if he is on the BYU boards... that is probably why... that is all I am saying.
                    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• vandalzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                      Just an FYI... he is probably getting play because he was picked up by the Knicks recently.
                      Says something about Dolan's Knicks when they are signing Sacramento castaways.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
                        Says something about Dolan's Knicks when they are signing Sacramento castaways.
                        Just flat out depressing as a fan. Porzingis is a bright spot.

Comment

• sittingon50
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                          Thanks LI. Didn't actually read their threads because they are talking about Jimmer all year, every year.
                          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                          X