PDA

View Full Version : The Beth and Brad Show

Birddog
02-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Will we get to suffer through another couple of games with these two in the WCC semis and finals? Wow, I can't wait, NOT!

Mantua
02-27-2016, 07:17 PM
They always cheer for our opponents. When they say anything nice about the Zags it's always in a a much more subdued manner.

Reborn
02-27-2016, 07:22 PM
How many times did Beth talk about the fact that GU, St Mary's and BYU were/are fighting for the championship tonight. Damn I'm sure it was at least 12 times, and the same for how many times she talked about the Zags maybe not getting into the NCAA Tournament this year, and the fact GU, BYU and St Mary's are on te bubble...............................I hated how she did her job tonight. I have mostly liked her this year but she was a frickin robot tonight with NO personality.

whatazag
02-27-2016, 07:26 PM
I thought they were fine, wasn't really annoyed by them. But there is no question they got more excited whenever BYU, especially collinsworth, would make a play. Partially chalking it up to rooting for the underdog.

surfmonkey89
02-27-2016, 07:36 PM
The sad fact is that our conference is where they send announcers to train for other, better jobs.

roxdoc
02-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Like the refs

zag4ever
02-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Never thought I would say this, I can stand Heister & Company more than them two.:D

jpn17
02-27-2016, 09:29 PM
I don't mind Mowins, but Daugherty drives me nuts. There was a sequence in the first half where Sabonis had his shot blocked and Daugherty went nuts, BYU went down and had the ball stolen by Dranginis on a nice hustle play and he was silent, Dranginis turned around and had the ball stolen from him and Daugherty went nuts again.

My TV was on mute the rest of the first half.

Zagger
02-28-2016, 04:38 AM
Like the refs

:roll:

zaguarxj
02-28-2016, 05:43 AM
I like Mowins. Good voice. Does her homework. Doesn't stray too far from the action on hand. The color guy is ok but not great. I liked it when he mentioned that Melson was the guy BYU's coach was concerned about.

gueastcoast
02-28-2016, 06:59 AM
I noticed the Sabonis/Dranginis steal sequence too, and Brad's one-sidedness. Would be interesting to see an analysis similar to what they do for the political debates regarding "air time"...as most discussion in a college bb game of a particular team tends to be favorable, I wonder what the BYU "discussion minutes" were compared to the GU discussion minutes. I think it only gets to me because they seem to do it in EVERY GAME involving GU.

maroon93
02-28-2016, 07:05 AM
Brad is good in the studio...but not a a color guy

Zagsker
02-28-2016, 07:22 AM
This thread gets a big ole...."LOL" from me

Zagdawg
02-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Mike Collins ‏@TandZsdad 15h15 hours ago
Is it me or does Brad seem really bias towards BYU???

Birddog
02-28-2016, 09:02 AM
When brad gets on a roll, he starts mumbling a lot. He reminds me of a Dick Tracy character when he does that.

jayray
02-28-2016, 09:19 AM
I don't mind Mowins, but Daugherty drives me nuts. There was a sequence in the first half where Sabonis had his shot blocked and Daugherty went nuts, BYU went down and had the ball stolen by Dranginis on a nice hustle play and he was silent, Dranginis turned around and had the ball stolen from him and Daugherty went nuts again.

My TV was on mute the rest of the first half.

If you would of left the volume on for a minute longer you would of heard him say Collinsworth is the best player in the NCAA.

Maxthebigdog
02-28-2016, 11:55 AM
The audience for ESPN is a national audience on just BYU, Zag or WCC fans. ESPN gets paid by the size of that Audience.... With that in mind as a Producer my announcers better try to build some excitement in the current game and promote the games televised in Vegas frequently. Many fans are switching channels and its the announcers job to hold them and build the audience. Generating excitement by the play of an underdog or the team that is behind is part of their job. As a ZAG FAN, I am excited to have are games promoted to a National audience and not to just Spokane, Provo and WCC fans.

zagbeliever
02-28-2016, 12:12 PM
I would just like to see balanced, unbiased announcers. So tired of announcers rooting for our downfall. I would prefer to mute and listen to radio announcers but my husband would rather yell at the announcers. lol :)

DixieZag
02-28-2016, 01:09 PM
Never thought I would say this, I can stand Heister & Company more than them two.:D

Let's not go overboard. :)

I don't think they're great, but Beth/Brad don't bother me all that much.

At least Beth calls the actual game going on - not just chatting with the color people about mindless stuff.

Besides, bigger games that are close, I'm hardly listening to a thing said. Too nervous.

Zags11
02-28-2016, 06:37 PM
How many times did Beth talk about the fact that GU, St Mary's and BYU were/are fighting for the championship tonight. Damn I'm sure it was at least 12 times, and the same for how many times she talked about the Zags maybe not getting into the NCAA Tournament this year, and the fact GU, BYU and St Mary's are on te bubble...............................I hated how she did her job tonight. I have mostly liked her this year but she was a frickin robot tonight with NO personality.

I felt like to sell the drama of the zags streak snapping.