PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU/USD

Section 116
02-25-2016, 08:15 PM
Hudson: Bulldogs lead for 38 minutes 45 seconds. Pretty tight game in the first half but the Zags were impressive in the second half as they finally got their offense going. Offense came from several guys: Melson 18, Sabonis 17, Wiltjer 16, Dranginis 12, Perkins 10. Career high points for Melson, 17 rebounds for Sanbonis who checks in with another double double. Zags shoot 56% in the second half, 50% for the game. Zags big rebounding edge 45-28. GU kind of stuck with the game plan even when things weren't going well in the first half. Eventually they started getting the ball inside. GU went on a 12-0 run to a 46-29 lead and really pulled away, to a lead that became as many as 32.

Lloyd: It has been a difficult week, I'm not gonna lie, the guys felt like they let everybody down. The only thing to cure it is to get back out on the court and win. When we haven't played well we haven't fought and Domas has that in Spades. I have to give Kok credit. He's a tough kid. A lot of our guys played tough tonight. Melson was awesome, I hope he keeps doin it. He has a purpose now and a confidence. He;s a great kid. We made some offensive adjustments and we haven't been doing that all season. We used some different things out of the playbook. Saturday is gonna be knockdown dragout. We have had some teams ruin things for us on senior night and we would like to return the favor.

Wiltjer: We did a pretty good job of responding and now we have to make another response on Saturday. We put em in foul trouble and we got some stops and that's when our defense is at it's best. We're really happy for the bench guys. We have a good mindset right now. No question we have a bad taste in our mouth from our senior night and we would like to return the favor.

DixieZag
02-25-2016, 08:35 PM
We made some offensive adjustments and we haven't been doing that all season.

I think he's talking about sets but it almost sounds like offensive adjustments at halftime.

We used some different things out of the playbook. Saturday is gonna be knockdown dragout

Nice to see that the coaches see the same thing we do, BYU is the most vicious team we regularly play.

No question we have a bad taste in our mouth from ou senior night and we would like to return the favor.

Sounds like a good rallying cry. Anything to make this game feel different than the other big games.

Thx as always 116!

ZagMan in Philly
02-26-2016, 02:44 AM
Good Stuff 116.
If Melson can keep it up, They will make the Tourney.
Beat BYU!!!!!!

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-26-2016, 06:34 AM
Thanks Section...really appreciate you taking the time to summarize the radio postgame for us.

jazzdelmar
02-26-2016, 06:37 AM
Section 116 and UZIZ are co MVPs this year of the prestigious "Zag Man in Philly Trophy" for most productive board members....