PDA

View Full Version : Your KHQ/Root Sports Announcers For GU at USD

CDC84
02-25-2016, 07:59 AM
KHQ/ROOT Sports (Steve Quis, Casey Jacobsen)

DixieZag
02-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Do we like them?

Pallet
02-25-2016, 09:08 AM
Do we like them?

Based on threads here, we don't like any announcers.

Coach Crazy
02-25-2016, 09:13 AM
We do not like them. Dang it. Better than Greg, but Casey Jacobsen's broadcasting skills are still hot garbage.

GoZags
02-25-2016, 09:25 AM
We do not like them. Dang it. Better than Greg, but Casey Jacobsen's broadcasting skills are still hot garbage.

Casey Jacobsen is one of my wife's favorites. She likes that he doesn't go on and on about himself (or back in "his" day) like Dickau constantly does. So here's my quandry .... who do I go with? Coach Crazy? Or Mrs. GoZags?

Gotta go with Mrs. GoZags.

Perhaps this is "teachable" moment .... Coach Crazy and I disagree. Yet I am not upset with the Coach. I clearly see his point of view (without animosity). I see no need to bash or belittle the Coach for his point of view
... or hold a grudge .... or rudely ask him to "prove" his point.

And life goes on ....

Zagceo
02-25-2016, 09:27 AM

Huddy & Santangelo……always a pleasure and on topic

gu03alum
02-25-2016, 09:35 AM
I don't care

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/tumblr_lsrwvcI0lO1qfsr58o1_500.png

Coach Crazy
02-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Casey Jacobsen is one of my wife's favorites. She likes that he doesn't go on and on about himself (or back in "his" day) like Dickau constantly does. So here's my quandry .... who do I go with? Coach Crazy? Or Mrs. GoZags?

Perhaps this is "teachable" moment .... Coach Crazy and I disagree. Yet I am not upset with the Coach. I clearly see his point of view (without animosity). I see no need to bash or belittle the Coach for his point of view

And life goes on ....

I don't blame you for siding with your wife. It doesn't necessarily comment on the quality of his broadcasting ability, but I don't blame you.

Casey works for some people. And I also don't like Dan, either.

gu03alum
02-25-2016, 09:42 AM
I wish Gus Johnson or Bill Raftery would do every game

TheZagPhish
02-25-2016, 09:49 AM

http://cl.ly/fFxv/applause-please.gif

seacatfan
02-25-2016, 10:40 AM
I still miss Bardo. Been years since he was regularly doing Gonzaga games for ESPN. I'm sure he's moved on to bigger and better things than WCC conference games.

sittingon50
02-25-2016, 10:59 AM

:roll:

TheGonzagaFactor
02-25-2016, 12:55 PM

And life goes on ....

He most certainly does. Heard him do it multiple times. Also, Dickau's reminiscing is to be expected when he played for the school that he does local broadcasts for.

Coach Crazy
02-25-2016, 12:58 PM
He most certainly does. Heard him do it multiple times. Also, Dickau's reminiscing is to be expected when he played for the school that he does local broadcasts for.

I don't like the fact that he criticizes Josh for having made statement he did. As a coach, I want someone with that swagger, and if anything, I would be unhappy with those who were not helping make that statement a reality.

Zags11
02-25-2016, 01:36 PM
I wish Gus Johnson or Bill Raftery would do every game

Oh yes plz!

Coach Crazy
02-25-2016, 01:43 PM
I will say this...for as much as I don't like guys like Greg and Casey, they are very much better than listening to Bill Walton. He makes John Madden's on-air personality sound like a Nobel laureate.

jbslicer
02-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Raftery is good. Gus Johnson is not good.

Ekrub
02-25-2016, 01:52 PM
I don't like the fact that he criticizes Josh for having made statement he did. As a coach, I want someone with that swagger, and if anything, I would be unhappy with those who were not helping make that statement a reality.

What statement?

gu03alum
02-25-2016, 02:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdXeWvucvH8

DixieZag
02-25-2016, 04:45 PM

http://www.beautifulpetals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/WisdomPyramid.png

Zags11
02-25-2016, 05:26 PM

Blasphemy

Zags11
02-25-2016, 05:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdXeWvucvH8

Gooooooosebumps

Mantua
02-25-2016, 08:49 PM
I still miss Bardo. Been years since he was regularly doing Gonzaga games for ESPN. I'm sure he's moved on to bigger and better things than WCC conference games.

Me too.

OT: I enjoy watching Celts home games broadcasted by the legendary team of Mike Gorman and Tommy Heinsohn. They are great homers, but have a wealth of history to talk about after thirty years announcing for the Celts, and actually don't natter on all that much. I'll miss them when they finally retire.

ProVeeZag
02-25-2016, 09:05 PM

Yup, I always enjoyed Bardo. He really seemed to enjoy doing games in Spokane. And I have to say Gus Johnson would be right near the top. (Re: Bill Walton, I am more likely to watch re-runs of Pawn Stars than listen to Walton. And I don't like Pawn Stars much either.)

gonzagafan62
02-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Love Gus Johnson, Raferty and Jon Sciambi

Dislike: Beth Mowins, Bob Knight, Bill Walton and that dude sitting next to Beth Mowins.