• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Gonzaga vs San Diego...Predictions and other thoughts

The questions I ask myself is what kind of a fan am I. Do I stick with the boys and have the courage to believe in them still or just abandon ship. I'm not a quitter and I never have been. I give thanks to my mom for that one. It's just not in me to quit now. Things look pretty bad for the boys, and maybe now is really the time to rally behind our team. Maybe they need us more, us fans, more than any other time in the 18 years. I was a pretty good player in my day, and I was often helped out of a funk by some fan....usually my brother. There were fickle fans, of course. There always is. I've had some really ####ty things said to me once or twice after a loss. I understand that people don't like losing, but there comes a time when it's time to rally behind the boys. And the time is now. This is the biggest weekend of the year, and we really need to out of this weekend with two wins, and we can do it.

I'm not abandoning the ship. I'm not jumpin. I'm hangin with 'em all the way. Loving on them. Cheering on them. Fighting right along with them. WE CAN DO IT. I'm getting myself pumped up and hoping you get pumped up too. Let's stand together as ZagNation as we always have, standing tall for our boys, The Gonzaga Bulldogs! Go! Fight! Win!

Here's my prediction:

Gonzaga 72
    San Diego 60

We only need to win by one.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • zag67
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Win Big and rest our bigs. Good luck GU

Comment

• Zags11
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

Zags 88
      SD 64

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I would rest this team as much as possible. I'd let Wiltjer sit if his ankle is hurting him and limits his play. I'd let Edwards sink or swim. Seems like the guards are doing fine.......Josh included. It's those bigs we need to be rested and firing on all cylinders.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

I really don't think you're going to see Few resting anyone. The game isn't played that way, and I've never seen Few coach that way. Maybe he'll get in foul trouble.

Comment

• MDABE80
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Bad ankle and all you expect full throttle? Do you REALLY? Might be better to give this kid a break and hope he recovers enough for the harder contests around the corner like BYU and the tournament coming up. .

Comment

• Zagger
              Banned
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
              Zags 88
              SD 64
              I'll go with this one too. Good Zag D and lots of Zags score.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2013

Gonzaga 71
                San Diego 70
                Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Did Few ever rest Pangos when he had that horrible toe injury? No. And I doubt that Pangos wanted to be rested. It's just the way it is with top-flight athletes. Pangos was a real warrior that year, and he showed all Zag fans what it meant to be a Zag I think. He was not going to be responsible for breaking that streak. Pangos was a special player, imo.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                    Did Few ever rest Pangos when he had that horrible toe injury? No. And I doubt that Pangos wanted to be rested. It's just the way it is with top-flight athletes. Pangos was a real warrior that year, and he showed all Zag fans what it meant to be a Zag I think. He was not going to be responsible for breaking that streak. Pangos was a special player, imo.
                    Yup agreed. Stepp always played through injury, so did gray, Sabonis just to name a few. Zags play.

I think what they're meaning is rest them if we are up 25+, not necessarily when game is in doubt.
                    Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Zags 67
                      Toreros 58

And prayers no one else gets dinged up.
                      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• ZagaZags
                        Banned
                        • May 2010

Gonzaga 81

USD 55

Comment

• gonstu
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

zags score 70+, they win.

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

It's Game Day. The best day of the week.

There's no time like now! Time to get 'er going Zags. The Road to March Madness begins tonight. Let's make it a smooth one. I hope ALL of Zag Nation is rising up and getting behind you all tonight.

Go Zags!

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

This should be a beat down, USD is just really bad. In the big scheme of things for this year (making the Dance and keeping the streak alive), a victory tonight is expected and a victory on Saturday against BYU would be nice for momentum going into the WCC Tourney, but won't change anything in terms of seeding. Unless SMC lays a serious egg this weekend, the ZAGS will be seeded either #2 or #3 in the WCC Tourney, and will have to beat both BYU and SMC in the Tourney to get the auto-bid into the Dance.

So, if there are any injuries, get them healed up as much as possible for Vegas regardless of the results for these last two conference games. The conference championship is most likely out of reach (barring a collapse from SMC), so the program needs to focus on the remaining goals for the season, and that is a WCC Tourney championship and to make the Dance. Obviously, the auto-bid gets them in, as does a close loss in the Tourney Finals (IMHO).

There is nothing to be gained from these last two conference games, so everyone needs to look at the big picture. I agree that pretty much ALL athletes want to play, regardless of injury, so it is up to the coaching staff to sit them when there are bigger fish to fry. And there are definitely bigger fish to fry than USD tonight.............

Go ZAGS

Comment

Working...
                              X