PDA

View Full Version : Where will the Zags be ranked today?

FuManShoes
02-22-2016, 07:26 AM
In NIT bracketolgy .... And at what point do we start talking about the CBI? Maybe Washington has some booking advice.

I jest, sort of. Maybe the Zags need a sobering reminder of the postseason options they'll be looking at if they don't start playing like a team, protecting the rim, and finishing drives and free throws. Then again, maybe such things can't just be turned on through motivation and this isn't their year. Saving grace is plenty of teams have looked crappy only to get it together and make a run to the Dance. Scary thing is this team has shown few signs they're that kind of team. The WCC tourney will be more interesting than usual

TheGonzagaFactor
02-22-2016, 07:37 AM
I get that we've had some dissappointing results, but bringing up the CBI is a bit much. We wouldn't accept an invite to the CBI even if it came to that.

I know it wouldn't happen, but I'd rather see us decline an NIT invite than play in it if we don't qualify for NCAA. I don't see a whole lot to gain.

gonzagafan62
02-22-2016, 09:10 AM
I get that we've had some dissappointing results, but bringing up the CBI is a bit much. We wouldn't accept an invite to the CBI even if it came to that.

I know it wouldn't happen, but I'd rather see us decline an NIT invite than play in it if we don't qualify for NCAA. I don't see a whole lot to gain.

Our school still gets nationally televised games in a somewhat decent tournament and I'm sure sons money. I know not great but I would like to see the funeral.

I agree CBI is an insult. Push. CBI? Lol

willandi
02-22-2016, 09:12 AM
Did I miss the WCC tourney?

Zags have had their backs to the wall before AND needed help...and it still got done!

Reborn
02-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Unranked in AP poll. They still receive some votes in the Coaches Poll, and will barely be in the also mentioned section. Hanging on by a thin hair.

Go Zags!!!

seacatfan
02-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Yes, the Zags can still punch a ticket if they win the WCC Tourney. If that doesn't happen and they get an invite to the NIT, I think they should accept it. If you make it to the semis at MSG, that's high level basketball. You'll be playing better teams than quite a few that went out in the first round of the Big Dance. Forget the CBI though, you definitely decline that.

maynard g krebs
02-22-2016, 01:24 PM

Yeah, pass up a couple more weeks of practice, a chance to play at MSG under the lights of New York, a chance at up to 5 developmental games for the young players. I'd guarantee you every player who's healthy would want to play in those games. If they didn't they shouldn't be in the program.

Of course, still a 60% chance at NCAA so it may be moot.

NIT was good enough for Kentucky a couple years ago. No quitting when there are games to be played.

seacatfan
02-22-2016, 02:25 PM
NIT was good enough for Kentucky a couple years ago. No quitting when there are games to be played.

North Carolina as well, not long after they won a Championship.