PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to St. Mary's

jim77
02-20-2016, 11:08 PM
Congrats on the victory....hopefully we get another shot at ya in Vegas. Either way...good luck the rest of the way.

Zags11
02-20-2016, 11:38 PM
:vomit-smiley-007:

ZagaZags
02-20-2016, 11:45 PM
:vomit-smiley-007:

:000tens: :agreed:

gonzagafan62
02-21-2016, 05:02 AM
Okay.

CCS050
02-21-2016, 05:23 AM
It was a painful loss but we must give credit to Bennet and the Gaels...Bennet lost all of his starters from last year and has defeated the Zags twice who returned
two all American NBA players, a big time transfer in McClellen, Dranginis and a bevy of big time recruits...Bennet did this with a rebuilt team of recruits no one ever heard of before this season....I hope our red shirting 4 star transfers can turn the tables on Bennet next season...

gonzagafan62
02-21-2016, 06:06 AM
Bennett outcoached Few pain and simple. His gameplan was way better than Fews. Few made no in game adjustments. Just pathetic I expected more from this team

HenneZag
02-21-2016, 06:13 AM
Bennett outcoached Few pain and simple. His gameplan was way better than Fews. Few made no in game adjustments. Just pathetic I expected more from this team

I do agree that Few was out coached, with that said you can't blame Few on the players missing open looks that they usually can knock down. What I didn't like is pulling a player early when that player gave us a spark, that was head scratching, I don't see that logic it happend several times last night.

bartruff1
02-21-2016, 06:18 AM
Hopefully this will stop some of the constant Gael bashing for their scheduling ..they were clearly the best team last night. I think Randy knows what he is doing.

gonzagafan62
02-21-2016, 06:23 AM
Hopefully this will stop some of the constant Gael bashing for their scheduling ..they were clearly the best team last night. I think Randy knows what he is doing.

No it won't stop that bashing. If they want real respect nationally which you should also want, then they need to schedule better

Getting one sweep since 95 will not stop any of it, and if anything it's just going to dump gas on that fire

gonzagafan62
02-21-2016, 06:25 AM
I do agree that Few was out coached, with that said you can't blame Few on the players missing open looks that they usually can knock down. What I didn't like is pulling a player early when that player gave us a spark, that was head scratching, I don't see that logic it happend several times last night.

We needed to tread tabling the post and we didn't defend it or try to attack it. Died on threes.

WallaWallaZag
02-21-2016, 06:25 AM

this doesn't really change a thing...if anything, it reinforces the criticism...if smc can beat the zags in spokane they should definitely be out there scheduling some better away games ooc so that they don't need to win the wcc tournament to make it to the big dance. they get a pass this year for having such an unproven team, but considering past history, not sure the ooc schedule will improve all that much next year.

Alum08
02-21-2016, 06:49 AM
Would love to show my long-time appreciation for the Gaels by ending their season in Vegas.

WallaWallaZag
02-21-2016, 07:16 AM

smc killed gonzaga with the high pick and roll against wiltjer...since wiltjer wasn't shooting well anyways, few should have gone small and switched everything since smc's guards aren't going to beat the zags by going one on one. would have at least forced smc into doing something different...

bartruff1
02-21-2016, 08:16 AM
No it won't stop that bashing. If they want real respect nationally which you should also want, then they need to schedule better

Getting one sweep since 95 will not stop any of it, and if anything it's just going to dump gas on that fire

I should want ??? Well I don't care who they schedule. The facts are on the scoreboard. The hubris of Gonzaga fans is hilarious.

gonzagafan62
02-21-2016, 08:33 AM
I should want ??? Well I don't care who they schedule. The facts are on the scoreboard. The hubris of Gonzaga fans is hilarious.

Yeah you should want. If St Mary's scheduled at least a half dozen pretty good teams then neither of us would be in this position. Our conference needs to get stronger and it can't do that if they schedule 15 Division 2 JV squads every year. I assume you have a high IQ or at least have knowledge of how college basketball works so if you don't care how SMC schedules then that's fine but that also means you don't are anout helping our league get stronger.

bartruff1
02-21-2016, 08:46 AM
Well I am smart enough to know that what I want is irrelevant....

Gonzaga has won very high seeds in the NCAA Tourney as a member of the WCC....all they have to do is win ...having been beaten twice by the Gaels , a little humility might be in order.

Randy has done a very good job for a long time especially given the facilities he has to work with and the competition in that area for player and fans.

Blaming the WCC for our season this year strikes me as making excuses...... especially since Gonzaga has had some excellent seasons in the past as a member of the WCC.

Others have a different opinion and that is fine....my opinion is that Gonzaga is responsible for it's successes and failures .... and there are games to be played yet this season...it isn't over till it is over.

gonzagafan62
02-21-2016, 09:19 AM
I agree with what you stated and I wasn't wrong. You do know your stuff as I assumed. We are responsible for everything. Except what other teams do.

I'll just keave it at that and agree to disagree with yiu. You're right Bart you have an opinion and so do I. Still season to play and I haven't completely given up on them but I do not have a good outlook on what's to come. Never know though. I'll be there celebrating When they win. And sour when they lose

Go zags