PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Pacific post game thread

Reborn
02-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Zags 90
Pacific 68

I predicted the Zags would win by 22. I had it 84-62. I'd say my new crystal ball is working quite well. lol

Great game, just about what I thought it would be. I had a great feeling about the Zags being ready to play with more intensity. It was nice to see Kyle W. have a good night shooting. He scored 26, and of course made some beautiful three-point shots. Absolutely beautiful. I hope he keeps his touch Saturday. Sabonis had a great game too, scoring 23 points and grabbing 11 boards.

The guards played great. Melson continues to shoot really well. He scored 12, and like Wiltjer he had some really nice three's.

Perkins handled the ball well, and made some beautiful passes, and EMAC got a beautiful dunk. Wowzer!!!

I thought the defense was solid for most of the game. I'm really excited about the high intensity and "hot fire" kind of play. Keep it up.

Go Zags!!!

gonzagafan62
02-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Love your new crystal ball. Keep the faith! Go zags!

SWZag
02-18-2016, 09:06 PM
Starting guards: 14 assists, 2 turnovers.

CdAZagFan
02-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Good all around game - and was glad to see Wiltjer come alive there in the 2nd half.

WallaWallaZag
02-19-2016, 12:10 AM
pretty good game...about the right balance for zags though would prefer a few more points from the guards...guards played well overall but would like to see them finish a bit better at the rim and mid-range. post defense could use a little improvement though the refs were really ticky-tacky in the post this game.

ZagaZags
02-19-2016, 12:21 AM
With the self-imposed postseason ban Pacific has placed on themselves, how will the WCC Tournament play out? With only 9 teams in the tourney, someone will need to get a bye early in the tournament.

WallaWallaZag
02-19-2016, 12:29 AM
With the self-imposed postseason ban Pacific has placed on themselves, how will the WCC Tournament play out? Will a team get a bye early in the tournament?

i believe the bottom 2 teams will have a "play-in" game for the 8th seed...but don't quote me on that.

ZagaZags
02-19-2016, 12:38 AM
i believe the bottom 2 teams will have a "play-in" game for the 8th seed...but don't quote me on that.

Ok, then Gonzaga will likely play the winner of that game (USD, LMU). Looks like Saturday is for all the marbles. #1seed

JMO... The game Saturday with Saint Mary's, is going to be the biggest game of the year.

gueastcoast
02-19-2016, 04:36 AM
Too lazy to check the stat line but that has to be the most steals we've had in a while...loved the aggressiveness on D.

Birddog
02-19-2016, 05:02 AM
Here is the box score.
http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/gonmbb28.html

I get why Burns was so fired up over the ticky tack fouls being called but UP got the whistle 26 times to GU's 20, not so big a disparity really. Burns had a tough day. Even my SO thought the questionable call was charging, as she yelled out "he lowered his shoulder, that's a foul!"

Anybody else think Burns looks like "Daddy Warbucks"?
http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Daddy-Warbucks2-e1321449383894.jpg

Reborn
02-19-2016, 07:46 AM
Here is the box score.
http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/gonmbb28.html

I get why Burns was so fired up over the ticky tack fouls being called but UP got the whistle 26 times to GU's 20, not so big a disparity really. Burns had a tough day. Even my SO thought the questionable call was charging, as she yelled out "he lowered his shoulder, that's a foul!"

Anybody else think Burns looks like "Daddy Warbucks"?
http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Daddy-Warbucks2-e1321449383894.jpg

Yeah! Wiltjer was in deep foul trouble too. It always seems to even out, MOSt OF THE TIME

Reborn
02-19-2016, 07:54 AM
As I think about the game last night against Pacific I see Gonzaga playing really great right now. That was a beautiful display of Zag basketball, imo. The passes inside were right on target almost every time, and we saw Sabonis make one dunk after another. I don't know how anyone guards Saboins with one player. However, when they doubled either Sabonis or Wiltjer their passes to the open shooters were right on target too. The passing last night was a thing of beauty to see. And it has not been that way for most of the year. This really has been an inexperienced team at the guards, and it has taken most of the season for them to "get it right." But they certainly have.

St Mary's squeezed by Portland last night by two points. They really could have been beaten. And San Diego almost beat BYU. Zags win by 22 points. I think they're ready to play tomorrow!

Go Zags!!!