PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - Pacific - 2.18.2016

RenoZag
02-18-2016, 07:02 PM
Zags take it to UOP and get some positive energy in advance of the showdown Saturday with St.Mary's. Viewers were treated to Sabonis' 17th double-double of the season, the return of Kyle Wiltjer's mojo, and the sounds of full-throated Kennel Clubbers.

And what will we do without Heister, Fox,and Dickau the rest of the season. . .

Who gets your click in tonight's player of the game poll ??

STATS: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=109403&a=1 or: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400840105

gonzagafan62
02-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Sabonis ... Set the tone early with dunkage, and really stated that GU is still the team to beat in this conference. Guys look hungry.

Go damn Zags!

seacatfan
02-18-2016, 07:06 PM
I'm torn. Sabonis early, Wiltjer in the 2nd half...mute button is looking like an attractive option too.

ZagNative
02-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Sabonis.... Can't help myself...

gonzagafan62
02-18-2016, 07:09 PM
I'm torn. Sabonis early, Wiltjer in the 2nd half...mute button is looking like an attractive option too.

Yup. overexaggerating the bubble situation was pretty hard to listen to. Just wanted to watch the game. That type of talk is for forums and blogs. Be dumb not to memotion it but still to talk that long about it was kind of annoying rhetoric

Birddog
02-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Another ho hum double double, Sabonis gets my vote!

Rangerzag
02-18-2016, 07:15 PM
Yup. overexaggerating the bubble situation was pretty hard to listen to. Just wanted to watch the game. That type of talk is for forums and blogs. Be dumb not to memotion it but still to talk that long about it was kind of annoying rhetoric

Don't hear any of that from Matt and Huddy by way of KGA with the TuneIn App.

seacatfan
02-18-2016, 07:17 PM
I wanted to give it Wiltjer for getting his mojo back, but most of his points came after the game was already out of reach. Had to go w/ Sabonis, had a big first half to help build the lead.

23dpg
02-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Wiltjer with the bounce back game.

gonzagafan62
02-18-2016, 07:21 PM
Don't hear any of that from Matt and Huddy by way of KGA with the TuneIn App.

Free app? If so can I get it in Missouri?

DixieZag
02-18-2016, 07:21 PM

Sabonis - set the tone. I am loving the return of the one handed dunk. Rarely see that nowadays outside of our guy, tough to hang on one hand, so it's not as cool. Sabonis does it and makes it cool without hanging.

To be fair, Heister was better tonight. I am not saying "good" - only saying "better." Low bar, I know.

seacatfan
02-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Sabonis - set the tone. I am loving the return of the one handed dunk. Rarely see that nowadays outside of our guy, tough to hang on one hand, so it's not as cool. Sabonis does it and makes it cool without hanging.

To be fair, Heister was better tonight. I am not saying "good" - only saying "better." Low bar, I know.

It was all 3 of them, when they decided to quit watching the game entirely and have an argument that dragged on for about 5 minutes. Ridiculously unprofessional.

Reborn
02-18-2016, 07:29 PM
I voted for Perkins. I thought he handled the point exactly in the way that I've always hoped he would. He made some dang good passes. Made a nice three and had 3 steals. I think just one turnover. I'm getting more confidence in him, and it's so important that come NCAA time we need him to be really solid because I know that guard play in the NCAA Tournament is so important. I'm so happy Melson is playing great, and EMAC with his speed and intense D really adds a lot.

Go Zags!!!

Reborn
02-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Sabonis.... Can't help myself...

Are you drooling, ZN?

DixieZag
02-18-2016, 07:35 PM
It was all 3 of them, when they decided to quit watching the game entirely and have an argument that dragged on for about 5 minutes. Ridiculously unprofessional.

I had stopped watching closely at that point. I was going off the first half. I had some work to do while the game was on and I would check score but wasn't listening.

I believe you. First half was ok.

Marcus
02-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Sabonis, He's just so dominant. And that 3 in transition, wowzers!

kitzbuel
02-18-2016, 08:26 PM
Went with Wilt. He still didn't look well to me, but had a strong second half.

Rangerzag
02-18-2016, 08:31 PM
Free app? If so can I get it in Missouri?

I use the free app. I have it on both an iPhone and a tablet with an Android OS.
http://tunein.com/

If those do not work for you you might try the KGA web site for a connection through a web browser.
http://player.tritondigital.com/3151

As of right now the post-post-game show is still on the "air."

The pre-pre-game show with Mehan and Blanchet most always starts two hours prior to tip-off. You should be able to bask in Zagdom for close to six hours.

MDABE80
02-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Melson stood out. Dranginis was Dranginis. Both deserve special accolades for their defense. It really was Domas though that controlled this game. He's an amazing strong athlete. I noticed ZN's timetable. It may be Domas will rejoin the Zags. I'm sure things could be rigged up otherwise for a departure for the pros but I don't see it right now. Maybe come June/July. Thinking Domas, Collins, Williams 3, maybe Karno, Tillie and Edwards would be overwhelming. Goss will be a big factor.
For this game and season though, Domas is my MVP. Glad Kyle Wiltjer found his shot.

CdAZagFan
02-18-2016, 09:15 PM
Had to go with Wiltjer. After that SMU game, and a pretty poor first half, he really stepped up and was hunting his shots in that second half. Hope he didn't re-injure that ankle - I didn't hear what the injury was there in the first half.

Mantua
02-19-2016, 01:14 AM
Sabonis just because...

Wiltjer hasn't looked healthy for a while and deserves a lot of credit for his contributions and grit.

Melson truly has turned the corner this season.

ZagaZags
02-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Sabonis just because...

Wiltjer hasn't looked healthy for a while and deserves a lot of credit for his contributions and grit.

Melson truly has turned the corner this season.

I went with Sabonis for the game, Melson has come on strong and could be a factor in March.

Zagger
02-19-2016, 02:33 AM
I went w/ Wiltjer. Good to see nothing but net a few times rather than rim rattling. He needed that and the Zags need Wiljer. I'm impressed with the grit and determination of the team. Go Zags!

jazzdelmar
02-19-2016, 03:04 AM
It's drive by announcing. As if the three bozos are in a car driving lazily on a country road, like in the Yakima Valley, and making an occasional comment about games being played in the nearby fields. The game is incidental to their mindless banter.

Totally disconnected. Last night was worst ever when it came to tension between Heister and the other two.

Melson looking very good. Won't happen but would like to see him start over Mac. Mac and JP kinda duplicate each other, as witness Few's relatively quick hook for either lately.

TexasZagFan
02-19-2016, 04:41 AM
It's drive by announcing. As if the three bozos are in a car driving lazily on a country road, like in the Yakima Valley, and making an occasional comment about games being played in the nearby fields. The game is incidental to their mindless banter.

Totally disconnected. Last night was worst ever when it came to tension between Heister and the other two.

Melson looking very good. Won't happen but would like to see him start over Mac. Mac and JP kinda duplicate each other, as witness Few's relatively quick hook for either lately.

Jazz, you make a great point, but I think it's too late in the season for any additional changes. Silas is owning his role, and he's bringing great energy off the bench. Every team needs that.

scott257
02-19-2016, 05:32 AM
Wiltjer with the bounce back game.

Me too. Getting over mental hurdles can be hard and he managed to do it quickly.