PDA

View Full Version : Great Story on Karno in Spokesman

CCS050
02-18-2016, 08:24 AM
It sure sounds like Karno is back...Merge him with Sabonis, Edwards, Williams { 4 star from Missouri} Goss { 4 star from UW}, Collins { 6-11 McDonalds AA},
Norvell { McDonalds AA}, Perkins, Melson, and Alberts and the Zags will march through the WCC like Sherman toasted the South during the Civil War...This could easily be the first undefeated team since Bobby Knight's Hoosiers went 32 and zip...Go Zags....

gonzagafan62
02-18-2016, 08:40 AM
Let's not get too carried away with undefeated now. We will take a loss somewhere. Just how it works

Zagger
02-18-2016, 08:41 AM
Yep, was/is a good story .... More on it here with other forum member posts. Welcome CCS050 :)
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?56162-Meehan-Karnowski-keeping-his-options-open

Zag_Dad
02-18-2016, 08:45 AM
It sure sounds like Karno is back...Merge him with Sabonis, Edwards, Williams { 4 star from Missouri} Goss { 4 star from UW}, Collins { 6-11 McDonalds AA},
Norvell { McDonalds AA}, Perkins, Melson, and Alberts and the Zags will march through the WCC like Sherman toasted the South during the Civil War...This could easily be the first undefeated team since Bobby Knight's Hoosiers went 32 and zip...Go Zags....

Is Norvell an AA? I don't recall reading he made the cut. Did I miss something?

gonstu
02-18-2016, 08:47 AM
I hope Few tries to schedule a big non-conference schedule. Need more top 100/50 opportunities again next year.

gonzagafan62
02-18-2016, 08:48 AM

Ye he's AA

WallaWallaZag
02-18-2016, 08:52 AM

Ye he's AA

zach collins is a mcd's aa...but not norvell...

Zag_Dad
02-18-2016, 08:53 AM
Ye he's AA

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/14593068/2016-mcdonald-all-american-rosters-announced

I see Collins on the roster but no Norvell. Last I had read, he was a nominee but didn't make the team. That's by no means a knock on how talented this kids is and will be for GU but haven't read or seen anywhere that he was named a McDonalds All-American. I know it's confusing with two incoming Zack(ch)'s but only one of them made AA team.

GO ZAGS

CDC84
02-18-2016, 08:53 AM
Norvell was nominated. Collins actually made the team.

WallaWallaZag
02-18-2016, 08:56 AM

nwg was actually a 5* mcd's all-american...collins is the rare 4* who gets a mickey d's nod...maybe someone will bump him up to 5 before it's all said and done???

gonzagafan62
02-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Oops you're right. Nominated doesn't mean make team. My bad.

seacatfan
02-18-2016, 09:44 AM
This could easily be the first undefeated team since Bobby Knight's Hoosiers went 32 and zip.

I never like the undefeated predictions. These days that's close to 40 games if you go all the way. That's a lot of games to win without one hiccup. Maybe not impossible, but close, and just puts too much pressure on a team to try to be perfect. Kentucky just did it last year thru the regular season and made it to the Final 4 but was eliminated in the semi-final. Can a 38-1 season be considered a disappointment? For many UK fans it probably was, since they didn't cut the nets down. Wichita St., St. Joe's and Illinois have all flirted with going undefeated during the regular season in the last 10-15 years, and none of them won a Championship. Illinois got to the Title Game, the other 2 didn't make the Final 4.

CDC84
02-18-2016, 09:57 AM
nwg was actually a 5* mcd's all-american...collins is the rare 4* who gets a mickey d's nod...maybe someone will bump him up to 5 before it's all said and done???

It's actually not that unusual. A number of 5 stars couldn't make the team because they injured or were 5th year seniors.

vandalzag
02-18-2016, 10:30 AM

Love the enthusiasm. Every team should strive to be undefeated. Not realistic in this day and age. Too much talent spread across the NCAA and too many variables in a season. Indiana did not have to deal with the 3pt line which levels the playing field. UK showed that all it takes is one bad game to end the season. If that Zags were playing with 5 1st round draft picks it may be worth a prop bet in Vegas, but they do not have that kind of talent. They will be very good and should be in the conversation for a title run but not running the table.