PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU/LMU

Section 116
02-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Hudson and Santangelo: GU by as many as 34, an 8-0 run in the first half started them on their way to a convincing win. Balance from multiple players. No huge runs just a constant climb upward on the scoreboard. 21 point lead at the half and built on that. A really strong defensive effort. Zags shoot 57% from the field but only 28% from three. 40-25 advantage on the boards. 23 for Wiltjer and 21 from Sabonis. Dranginis fills the stat sheet at 11 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists. Alberts and Melson 0-7 from three. As noted on TV they are going to have to learn how to shoot away from the Kennel.

Michaelson: LMU a hard to team to prepare for at least on the defensive end. They started a new lineup and it took us a few possessions to get used to that. Eric and Kyle D. were spectacular tonight. We need Dranginis in a game like this. Edwards played really well on both ends. He's getting really close. He takes up a lot of room and the floor and he had two really nice putbacks tonight. Down to Pepperdine, we get a lot of time to rest since we have the late start Saturday night. They are undefeated at home. Three tough Saturdays in a row with Pepp, SMU and BYU who are boatracing folks at home.

GU led for the final 35 minutes. LMU changed defenses a lot but GU responded well-Santangelo. Really fun games between Sabonis and Jacko. LMU uses their hands a lot but Sabonis is tough to get the ball from. Wiltjer finds a different way to score in every game, right foot, left foot, right hand left hand he just has a knack for scoring the ball. Edwards 6 points, 5 rebounds, and an assist and giving Wiltjer and Sabonis rest. He's been making the most of his minutes on the floor recently. Minutes played are down for Wiltjer and Sabonis which is encouraging. Zags move into first place with SMC loss at BYU. Now control their own destiny. That's it.

ProVeeZag
02-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Hudson and Santangelo: GU by as many as 34, an 8-0 run in the first half started them on their way to a convincing win. Balance from multiple players. No huge runs just a constant climb upward on the scoreboard. 21 point lead at the half and built on that. A really strong defensive effort. Zags shoot 57% from the field but only 28% from three. 40-25 advantage on the boards. 23 for Wiltjer and 21 from Sabonis. Dranginis fills the stat sheet at 11 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists. Alberts and Melson 0-7 from three. As noted on TV they are going to have to learn how to shoot away from the Kennel.

Michaelson: LMU a hard to team to prepare for at least on the defensive end. They started a new lineup and it took us a few possessions to get used to that. Eric and Kyle D. were spectacular tonight. We need Dranginis in a game like this. Edwards played really well on both ends. He's getting really close. He takes up a lot of room and the floor and he had two really nice putbacks tonight. Down to Pepperdine, we get a lot of time to rest since we have the late start Saturday night. They are undefeated at home. Three tough Saturdays in a row with Pepp, SMU and BYU who are boatracing folks at home.

GU led for the final 35 minutes. LMU changed defenses a lot but GU responded well-Santangelo. Really fun games between Sabonis and Jacko. LMU uses their hands a lot but Sabonis is tough to get the ball from. Wiltjer finds a different way to score in every game, right foot, left foot, right hand left hand he just has a knack for scoring the ball. Edwards 6 points, 5 rebounds, and an assist and giving Wiltjer and Sabonis rest. He's been making the most of his minutes on the floor recently. Minutes played are down for Wiltjer and Sabonis which is encouraging. That's it.

Love that Wilt and Domas had lower minutes tonight! May mean a little "extra in the tank" for Saturday against Pepp.

RenoZag
02-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Love that Wilt and Domas had lower minutes tonight! May mean a little "extra in the tank" for Saturday against Pepp.

Edwards can really be a key contributor down the stretch; if Kyle or Domantas pick up two quick fouls in a first half, Few is going to need Ryan to fill their minutes.

Zags11
02-05-2016, 01:28 AM
Edwards reminds me of Axel dench.

seacatfan
02-05-2016, 10:03 AM

He's a wookie?

VaBeachZAG
02-05-2016, 10:42 AM

For me, not so much. Axel was much more aggressive on the floor and was able to hit the occasional outside shot. Of course, the Axel from my memory was of an upper class man. Maybe it is valid to compare them when both were second year players (my memory of Axel's early playing days are dim at best), but Edwards has a long way to go to have a junior/senior Axel like team impact. Hopefully he can get there before his days at GU are over.

sittingon50
02-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Axel got thrown into the fire his Freshman year as Paul Rogers got hurt, & Axel was his backup at the 5. Started 20 games.

And for the record Beach, Axel made more than the occasional outside shot. For the season he was 26-56 (.464) from beyond the arc & though I can't find league only stats at the moment, I recall that he had just enough attempts in league to qualify #1 in 3Pt%.

ProVeeZag
02-05-2016, 11:30 AM

Axel Dench ... Gotta be a top 5 pick on the Zag's All-Name team. New thread anybody??

sittingon50
02-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Axel Dench ... Gotta be a top 5 pick on the Zag's All-Name team. New thread anybody??

I think Heister would have called him Alex.

And yeah, start the thread ProVee; I'll jump in.

Zagceo
02-05-2016, 02:10 PM

Bol Kong

willandi
02-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Who is Achsell Drench?